School shooting

Dontkillme

what is it with people nowadays thinking killing other persons becouse they have an issue is the solution? if you want to solve it, then just talk about it...

This is getting out of control. This should've stopped at Columbine- why people think they can scar others like this is beyond me. My heart goes out to all of the children who were witness and the family of the teacher who was killed.

It's horrifying that this kind of thing happens. What confuses me, how did a middle schooler get his hands on a gun without anyone noticing, and was he not raised to believe that use of one in this manner is wrong?

Edited by Dddrgn

That is in my town sadly. My cousins who go to the school are thankfully ok! My grandma lives right down the street from there so I was in shock to see if any of my family was ok. I want to say thank you guys though for showing awareness to these types of things, because I never thought it would affect me EVER in my life. I was called and notified about the shooting when I was still in school but thankfully none of my family were injured nor involved. I honestly never thought it a shooting would happen especially so close to me and my family. I have lived in Sparks for 17 years and its scary to know that these tragedies can happen even to you. The victim was my cousins math teacher, an ex-Marine for the United States and he was shot trying to protect the kids. Sad to see this stuff happen, and I want everybody to be aware that you never know when someone will go.

Even though nobody knew my family attends the school, I want to once again send a HUGE thank you to the people praying and sending their condolences.

Much love,

Shinobi

• Like 4

Awful to still hear about these shootings anywhere in the world. Makes clear that middle school kids get really angry over bullying and above all it makes clear that bullying should be stopped.

Very sad. I had not heard of this until seeing the thread. 

What I want to say most, is that I haven't heard anything about this unitll I read this thread. I however had heard of all shootings in the US this year and last year, which suggests that this is not seen as news anymore overseas, which is awful.

That is in my town sadly. My cousins who go to the school are thankfully ok! My grandma lives right down the street from there so I was in shock to see if any of my family was ok. I want to say thank you guys though for showing awareness to these types of things, because I never thought it would affect me EVER in my life. I was called and notified about the shooting when I was still in school but thankfully none of my family were injured nor involved. I honestly never thought it a shooting would happen especially so close to me and my family. I have lived in Sparks for 17 years and its scary to know that these tragedies can happen even to you. The victim was my cousins math teacher, an ex-Marine for the United States and he was shot trying to protect the kids. Sad to see this stuff happen, and I want everybody to be aware that you never know when someone will go.

Even though nobody knew my family attends the school, I want to once again send a HUGE thank you to the people praying and sending their condolences.

Much love,

Shinobi

My thoughts go out to you and your family and I hope that you all will be fine.

Ice.

Awful to still hear about these shootings anywhere in the world. Makes clear that middle school kids get really angry over bullying and above all it makes clear that bullying should be stopped.

What I want to say most, is that I haven't heard anything about this unitll I read this thread. I however had heard of all shootings in the US this year and last year, which suggests that this is not seen as news anymore overseas, which is awful.

My thoughts go out to you and your family and I hope that you all will be fine.

Ice.

This is very sad.  My heart goes out to everyone involved.  Glad to hear your family is ok Shinobi.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.