ET Hardcore HC SERVER RESURGENCE

4estw1zzard

8 hours ago, RedBaird said:

It looks like @Element' is connected there right now but seems to be viewing a topic on the forums, too. 😄 

Element seems to be violating the laws that rule the fabric of time and space, since he's been also spotted camping on multiple servers simultaneously!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Federicrit said:

Element seems to be violating the laws that rule the fabric of time and space, since he's been also spotted camping on multiple servers simultaneously!

image.gif.f0c3394d7e416ed0507c42dc7b71cdf6.gif

Hehe 😄 

• Haha 6

• Leader
2 hours ago, daredevil said:

New server is ready as well - will switch over tonight once crowd slows down. 

Will the IP change, like the Jay#1 server did?

The Domain Name will remain the same. 😄 

ADDED:  DD will not switch right now, as there are 18 players on it, including 9 =F|A= admins! 😄 

ADD#2:  a few minutes later, it is down to 1 playing and 5 in spec (not including me).

Edited by RedBaird
ADDED + add#2

• Leader
45 minutes ago, Blunt said:

What about third party tracking sites like ET Trackbase, will they still work after the change? 

They should be using the domain name.  ADDED: NOT quite right.  It seems like TBS might scan the ranges of possible ET IP-ranges, testing for valid servers.  

I think that both the new and the old servers have this line:

"sv_hostname             F|A HARDCORE FF ON"

which is where TBS gets the servername from  ADD-END

Actually, two HCs are showing up right now.  The top one in this image is the new one.  ET Master Browser probably has similar results right now.  

TBSnewHColdHC231130.jpg.2e9cb5e2604bac6a4cb12b8e276be1aa.jpg

NEW IP Hardcore :  [et.trackbase.net] » Server information for F|A HARDCORE FF ON

== >  https://et.trackbase.net/server/48664  

I suppose that DD will have to change the name of the old HC server, just as he did with the old Jay#1.  He had changed the name to tell the players to use /connect Jay1.clan-fa.com and had banners appearing in the old server.

This is how the "old Jay#1" appears on TBS now.

Jay1new-redirect-name231130.jpg.a2f04f38c0d594401bb733a475e8b0f7.jpg

It is after midnight in DareDevil-land, so he might finish the work his tomorrow.  😄 

Before DD changed the internal name of oldJay#1, it might appear before or after the newJay#1 on the ET Browser Lists, so some players did join it that way and wonder where everyone was.  I will make an oldHC.cfg to check it, just as I made an oldJa1.cfg to check for 'stragglers'.  That problem will be solved when DD changes the oldHC name, too. 😄 

ADD#2   I THINK That DareDevil had made the post below as I was editing this post, 4 minutes after he posted! 😄 

Edited by RedBaird
ADDED to ADD-END lines
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Blunt said:

What about third party tracking sites like ET Trackbase, will they still work after the change? 

Have requested Johny to transfer stats like Schnoo did from SL for Jay1. 

Hardcore will get advanced TB stats as well. 

@RedBaird All set.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
46 minutes ago, Blunt said:

What about third party tracking sites like ET Trackbase,

https://et.trackbase.net/server/46579/

That link is now showing:

" Server information for: New server /connect hc.clan-fa.com:27960 "  😄 

Can't wait to try the new HC server.

Of all the silent servers this is the one I felt the most latency so I'm crossing my fingers to have better ping now. 

I'm assuming it has changed its geographical location obviously.

• Leader
48 minutes ago, PHNTM said:

I'm assuming it has changed its geographical location obviously.

It might have moved away from you:  "(219 mi) via I-95 S"  but that is trifling, in Internet terms.  The new provider has certain technical advantages for us.  😄 

Jay1-move-NJ-to-Virginia231130-Copy.png.jpg.37b511597cfd5910d0f31cf3e48c56b1.jpg

• Haha 1

Long as it’s still east coast I’m cool 😎

also, noob question: would it be easier to have a dedicated server box and just run multiple dedicated servers off of it that way instead of using a provider? 

I’ve never used a provider so I have no idea. I just know that for example my job they run a dedicated box to sync all our stamp presses together to 1 source. The silly gooses never realized they had 2 servers so I kindly started borrowing the spare one ;) 

This is what’s allowing me to run my dummy server. that server has been up and running for close to 2/3 months now with no hiccups. At one point I had 5 servers up lol just to see if I could do it. But I have been leaving this one up for the sake of me learning how to edit server stuff etc. 

I’m not sure how the whole ddos stuff works but just a thought maybe idk 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

My baby is alive 🥲🥲

See what happens when you leave your babies unattended.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 1