ET Hardcore HC SERVER RESURGENCE

4estw1zzard

Hey everyone i really want to get some interest back on the HC server.  what is it that turns you away from the HC server? What would bring you back? 

i really like the competitive ff aspect of the HC server and feel like its my favorite server but no one seems to play these days 

Would any one be interested in getting on the HC server and give it some more recognition. 

• Like 4
  • 100 2

What turns me away from HC? I just don't play on silent mod anymore. In fact I don't play on any mod except for legacy. Once you get used to it it's hard to go back. 

There are some reasons why HC died, some are about drama between FA members so there's really no reason to bring it up here, perhaps can be found on forums. I was MIA mostly then.

Why is it empty now? Well most of the regulars moved somewhere I guess. It might be as hard as starting from scratch to make HC popular again.

As a former HC regular, I can recommend the FA ETLegacy server to everyone interested in comp-style gameplay. It's still WiP, also regarding player base, but it's more popular than HC if you compare them both right now. I'd be more than happy if it was as popular as HC when it was great back then :)

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
9 hours ago, kajto3 said:

What turns me away from HC? I just don't play on silent mod anymore. In fact I don't play on any mod except for legacy. Once you get used to it it's hard to go back. 

There are some reasons why HC died, some are about drama between FA members so there's really no reason to bring it up here, perhaps can be found on forums. I was MIA mostly then.

Why is it empty now? Well most of the regulars moved somewhere I guess. It might be as hard as starting from scratch to make HC popular again.

As a former HC regular, I can recommend the FA ETLegacy server to everyone interested in comp-style gameplay. It's still WiP, also regarding player base, but it's more popular than HC if you compare them both right now. I'd be more than happy if it was as popular as HC when it was great back then :)

Which server on the FA Serverlist in-game is Legacy now, since that still has all the old server names

• Like 1

Hmm I'm not sure if FA Legacy was added to FA in-game serverlist, also the list can be different depending on the mod.

If you need the IP it's 144.76.100.131:27950 or etl.clan-fa.com:27950

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
9 hours ago, kajto3 said:

Hmm I'm not sure if FA Legacy was added to FA in-game serverlist, also the list can be different depending on the mod.

If you need the IP it's 144.76.100.131:27950 or etl.clan-fa.com:27950

Unless I'm mistaken, I assume it's a server that used to be something like Fun 2 or ETPro 3 or something. Having the IP is great, but who wants to copy-paste it into the console every time I join? If that makes sense

• Like 1
  • 100 1

8 hours ago, 4estw1zzard said:

had a few fellows having fun on HC tonight !!!! 

Cool to see some old faces!

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Having the IP is great, but who wants to copy-paste it into the console every time I join? If that makes sense

We'll fix it, thanks for pointing that out.

• 100 1

I jumped on for a little bit, played under leaD.   Would love to see HC populated again, it's my favorite style of game play (FF on).  My opinion is in the minority, the reason I stopped playing on HC so much is map boredom.  Realistically only the same 10 maps were being played at prime time every night.  When I first came to HC a long time ago it played a lot of different maps.  The redundancy was much lower.  The argument I have heard is nobody will play on HC unless the most common maps are on there.  However HC remains dead and I am forced to play another communities server (FF on) where they rotate out maps & rotate in new maps regularly, the other communities server is so packed with players I can't get on some nights.  HC needs a radical change in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

It's not about maps. In FPS world, players attract players. If their will be effort, that 6 members camping / playing together on HC - every day from 4 PM to some time, others will join soon. 

ET offers multiple mods: Jaymod, NQ, Silent, legacy, ETPRO, etc. Players will join which server has active players. It's as simple as that. Map and all that is secondary. 

Problem is people try for few days and then give up. It needs to be consistent daily effort for next 6 months. 

• Like 4
  • 100 2

I used to play in HC a lot. When ever silent recruiting got too crowded (20+ players), some of us switched over to HC and then more people would join. Right now even silent1 has less the  10 people most of the time. I honestly think its just the lack of players.

• Like 3

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, HarryAimpotter said:

I used to play in HC a lot. When ever silent recruiting got too crowded (20+ players), some of us switched over to HC and then more people would join. Right now even silent1 has less the  10 people most of the time. I honestly think its just the lack of players.

:(  We need to make S1 popular back then first!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, daredevil said:

:(  We need to make S1 popular back then first!!

Maybe make some fun game there sometimes so people can back again  and help and make the server popular again just saying 🤔

• Like 1

If you ask me S1 is doing very good. Great adminbase, full almost everyday and when I forgot to make myself shoutcaster it kicks me for inactivity :(

• Like 4
  • Haha 1