Blast from the past

Akimbo

Welcome back to the pack!

I am 21 years old, and I remember watching my uncle play this game day and night, and before I knew it, I was a juvenile ET player, not knowing anything about the game, but still enjoying myself like there would be no tomorrow!

All these years later and the game has evolved into something different for me - a place where I can meet up with people I know and just have brainless fun. A community lounge, if you will.

See you in the game, Akimbo!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 2

Just playing ET and coming into the FA server, hitting 5 and 5 on my keyboard just to say hello  , a bunch of random dudes say hello back just brings memories back. God i love this game.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • 100 2

16 minutes ago, Akimbo said:

Honestly, this is the only game currently that sparks my interest , its funny, playing on such an modern and powerful gaming computer, and you're playing a game from 2003, most younger people would call you nuts.

I was back to this game after few years too! And you will be surprised how many teenagers play this game today!

Enemy Territory is special, glad to see you here and see you on servers!

• 100 1

Which FA server are you playing on ? I hope to see you ingame :) 

I'm sure this game will bring all the players again one day or another, just need FA to be still here to host servers at this moment 😛 

• 100 1

Hi Jo,

Welcome to the forum mate! :welcome

1 hour ago, Akimbo said:

I remember last time i played this gem was when a 256mb voodoo graphic card was hot stuff and 80gb of storage was considered the norm.

haha yep, I remember playing it with 500MB of RAM. And it was like, normal.

• 100 2

9 hours ago, DeKing said:

Which FA server are you playing on ? I hope to see you ingame :) 

I'm sure this game will bring all the players again one day or another, just need FA to be still here to host servers at this moment 😛 

Usually on beg #2

Edited by Akimbo
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

• Leader
11 hours ago, Akimbo said:

It's honestly still a blast from the past!
Glad to be part of this group :)

Can you believe that we are still guarding against Cheaters?   :rolleyes: ( We give them some 🧻 for when they are caught and get 😢 .)

The FA-clan has several auto-systems that block most cheats, but we still rely on the Admins' and Players' "Mark-1 Eyeballs" and the Demos that they produce.

• Haha 1
  • 100 1

Hey I saw you several times on BG2 server.

12 hours ago, Akimbo said:

remember last time i played this gem was when a 256mb voodoo graphic card was hot stuff and 80gb of storage was considered the norm.

Now we are playing the same game with 8 gb graphics card and 2 tb ssd..  Time..

Welcome back to the forum and the game!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, yaku said:

I was back to this game after few years too! And you will be surprised how many teenagers play this game today!

Enemy Territory is special, glad to see you here and see you on servers!

hello akimbo, i'm part of that kind of "teenagers" that yaku said haha and i have to tell you i have the best time of my life whenever i play this old but gold game 😛

I started to enjoy the game seeing my father who was an old etpro player who was both a good player and a bad loser. And now I'm the one who's addicted to this and I blame my father for that hehe, but I'm very grateful that he taught me and had the patience he had with me at the beginning of this whole journey.

Anyways, welcome to forum! And you couldn't come to a better place to have fun, make friends and have meaningless conversations but at the same time make your day happier. :)  

• Love 1
  • 100 1