ET Why and when did you start to play wolfet?

Blade202

silent death online was closed down by EA (bastards) and from playing that I was hooked on non bot multiplayer, clan wars at 4am (to suit the american timezones) with work at 7am  😹

then I found rtcw and the first time I played beach I was hooked 

slid over to et when Splashdamage released it with visits back to rtcw to play beach 👍

• Like 2

I started online gaming back in 1999 with a great game called Kingpin: Life of Crime (this was really an awesome game).

Then I played MOH: Allies Assault, then Return To Castle Wolfenstein (online).... I remember I used to love playing Goldrush mod with Instagib, for anyone that remembers that mod 😄

Then in 2003 started playing ET, was invited to join -|FG|- community, played there a few years then on many other servers... Met some great players.

Here I am now, still hooked to ET after 18 years lol

I hope this game lasts another 10 years at least! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lem0n91 said:

I started online gaming back in 1999 with a great game called Kingpin: Life of Crime (this was really an awesome game).

Then I played MOH: Allies Assault, then Return To Castle Wolfenstein (online).... I remember I used to love playing Goldrush mod with Instagib, for anyone that remembers that mod 😄

Then in 2003 started playing ET, was invited to join -|FG|- community, played there a few years then on many other servers... Met some great players.

Here I am now, still hooked to ET after 18 years lol

I hope this game lasts another 10 years at least! 

if this game lasted for this long, i doubt it'll die in the next 5 years

• 100 1

Was introduced to ET by my father. I was maybe 7 or 8 and would watch him play sometimes until I decided to play some myself. Then I fell in love with it and decided it was the best game ever lol. I think especially back then there were so many communities that were really welcoming and it as weird as it sounds ET servers became like a 2nd home when times were rough. Amazing game, I don't think there is another that comes close. Will always have my heart

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Whitesell said:

Was introduced to ET by my father. I was maybe 7 or 8 and would watch him play sometimes until I decided to play some myself. Then I fell in love with it and decided it was the best game ever lol. I think especially back then there were so many communities that were really welcoming and it as weird as it sounds ET servers became like a 2nd home when times were rough. Amazing game, I don't think there is another that comes close. Will always have my heart

Wolfet is truly the best game ever

there is a thread like this in here some wheres ..

i started playing et when it first came out still got it on cd some where.lol i was a rtcws freak before et. i remember when rtcws was just beach map only.

i only ever played rtcws and et becuz i was a age of empires 2 dork on msn zone, i had a dutch buddy name yert we where in a clan called HoS_ heros of sorrow.  he turned me on toortcws/ et.  been hooked ever sense. early in my et days i got really into it.. had my own scrim team   and only played scrims and practice for almost 4 yrs then i gave it up and have gotten worse in et every yrs sense.this game i am sad to say is a part of me and i have met so many good people over the yrs i think thats what keeps me hooked. the people are unlike any other game i played.

• Like 2
  • 100 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing ET since 2006 and I was introduced to the game through another game called ThinkTanks and I fell in love with the game ever since. I keep playing the game because the game mechanics is still fun today; I just can't let go.

I usually play on Jay 1 F|A server under the name *Neon*Energy*!

Edited by rtcwet
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:24 PM, captnconcrete said:

there is a thread like this in here some wheres ..

😄 glad its not just me that knows it exists but cant find it. 😄

Cant be arsed writing all out again so here is the short short version.

Got beta March 2003

Joined a clan

Clan disbanded

Wondered from server to server but each server i joined eventually died so stuck with FA in the end. Here we are 😄

I've no clue how much longer ET will last but If i'm honest never in my dreams did i think it would last 18 years,,, so each year is a bonus from my point of view.

Its mainly thanks to clans (like FA) keeping servers up and helping build the community via forums and discord etc that its lasted as long as it has IMHO. Made many friends over the years playing ET and have even met a few in real life. I have never regretted a minute of it, its played a huge part of my life for the past 18+ years.

Also because of clans like FA even now after 18 years ET still gets some noobs playing for the first times etc. 

One thing i will say is after reading most replies in this thread up to now.....well i'm feeling my age. 😄

I say this to those who ask.....

My daughter was born Nov 2002, March 2003 i started ET. 18 years later she is off to Uni, she works, drives and has her own car that she has saved years for and she just bought a puppy etc etc.....

Me?  Yep still playing ET 😄 

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

glad its not just me that knows it exists but cant find it.

I had this "Deja-vu" feeling too in writing my post 😄 

But I searched and found nothing enough recent than I was able to post on in the past. Only pretty old topics more or less about that 

https://fearless-assassins.com/forums/topic/17596-how-did-you-start-playing-wolfenstein/

https://fearless-assassins.com/forums/topic/100269-why-enemy-territory/

https://fearless-assassins.com/forums/topic/79255-why-you-play-et/

I started ET on September 2008, it was Ramadan I remember I was in some games forums and some guys there said why not try wolfet I was like emm okay, so I joined a russian server called Stream Arena 5 , I had ping 500 😄 after that I played in LL, then FG, DA, PS

• Like 3

i have been playing ET for over 15 years ( i think i started in 2006), played in many nq servers, most of them in Europe ( FG, DA, PS, LL and in a former american server, WF). i think i found this game because i was playing RTCW, and play an online game was really more interesting for me.

I like to tell an anecdote: i remember i was starting to play better over the years, and once in the former FG (Flame Guards) server i was killing an admin (from netherlands). After i killed him 4 times in a row, i got the message "you are banned from this server, reason: fix your ping". I remember i was surprised. The ban was permanently :D. But afortunatly,  after few hours i had been unbanned. But that was 1 of the most bizarren moments in ET. 

With this anecdote, I also want to say that it is very nice to share moments, good and not so good sometimes, with people around the world, who love this game.

I hope this game never dies , and we can share many more moments togehter :)🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I started to play ET in 2003 at my office of my first job, to have fun during work to enjoy my freetime!

In 2021, I still play at my office, but I am self employed now.

• Love 1

I'm 32.  I had RTCW around the time it originally came out.  Enemy Territory came out a little later, and it was a shockingly good game to be free and it remains that to this day.  I can't remember specifics. I remember playing it in my grandpas basement with my brothers, cousins, nephews, all of whom who are grown now.  People used to laugh at dinners, "I need a medic!" To this day the vsays are great. 

It was one of the ways I hid from a very harsh/ abusive family full of narcissists and at least one sociopath that I grew up with.  I can't say that I have many pleasant memories of the game because it reminds me of my past,.... But Enemy Territory was something that we all enjoyed and played together. I taught my nephews to play.  When I taught my one nephew how to kill the other, the one that was dying started screaming all crazy like I WILL KILL YOU! I WILL KILL YOU! .... these kids were like  4 years old. I've never seen such a angry child, the other one was scared and I think stopped playing after that...(Went onto mine craft last I knew about 7 years ago now...) 

There were fun nights, times when I played as engineer. I was always objective driven but it's frustrating to be engineer now a days because people have become very good when it comes to configs/ settings/ optimization and just frag in general. You can have all the heart you want to get to objective, run through 10 guys, jump on their heads, walk on them... I have literally done  all that before, run through arty, be thrown 10 feet back... run again through 3 guys, shoot off 4 desperate shots, by a miracle clear your path, waiting for you at the obj is a seasoned engineer who knows how to handle himself in a fire fight and you just can't get him....even on a good day with full HP it would be hard... So you start to get frustrated, it's an obstacle.  It's even worse when he has team mates focused on the obj and your mates are off killing bawts or jumping in trees some place. 

Maybe I've lost the plot, it used to be about team work.  The game was always about team work and I remember gold rush mostly... rushing at that tank with plyers.  I remember how exciting it was , and how proud I was... and I get a sense of how fast the time went by when I flash back to being an allied engineer on gold rush.  I enjoyed it so much that I only played Allies mostly on Gold Rush for over 10 years... I was never focused on defense or frag really. I just loved the thrill of doing objs. I never thought I could do it all alone before but now teams are smaller, less people play at most times. So, I don't have 2-3 medics to back me up. It's just me, 2 other guys and that engineer waiting at an obj. Sometimes your mates don't even try to revive you when you're right next to obj.... I used to ONLY play as engineer and sometimes when not only engineer, which was rare, I was a medic but only to revive people doing obj...never just to frag.

Sometimes bawts are awful for obj players. It's enough sometimes to worry about the "good players" that you have to cut through to even get to the obj and then a bawt will shoot you from a mile out or be waiting in a line of 4 other bawts right behind him. When I started bawts were not as common, we had so many people playing.  Anyways, it's a good game.

Not sure where I'm at with it right now if I want to keep playing or take a break again. I have a on and off relationship with ET. 

Edited by spectator
  • Like 2