ET Why and when did you start to play wolfet?

Blade202

Ive been wondering when and why did you people start to play this game.
In my case i used to watch my dad play it all the time when i was little and when i was arround 5 yold i tried to play the game for myself so that would be arround 2010/2011 and i dont think anyone has the same or similar experience to mine.

Hope i am writing this in the right section of the forums :]

Have a lovely day!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Yes I think it's the good place :)

Even if we all have our own story with ET, Im sure some of them are similar 

For me that was at school, around my 10 YO in 2005-2006, My first online game to play with my friends in the one or two hours of computer we were allowed to have after school  😄

When MSN was still alive 😛 

I was introduced to Quake 3 Lan session with my brother before, and before again I watched him playing RTCW, and I made lots of nightmare !! :) 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DeKing said:

Yes I think it's the good place :)

Even if we all have our own story with ET, Im sure some of them are similar 

For me that was at school, around my 10 YO in 2005-2006, My first online game to play with my friends in the one or two hours of computer we were allowed to have after school  😄

When MSN was still alive 😛 

I was introduced to Quake 3 Lan session with my brother before, and before again I watched him playing RTCW, and I made lots of nightmare !! :) 

rtcw was defenetly a nightmare fuel wehn you were young

• Like 2
  • 100 1

1 minute ago, Blade202 said:

rtcw was defenetly a nightmare fuel wehn you were young

The mission in the crypt, when you are locked in this room and skeletons comes from the ground and the walls.... hahaha so scary 😄 

But now it made me a bit laugh to see it again 😛 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeKing said:

The mission in the crypt, when you are locked in this room and skeletons comes from the ground and the walls.... hahaha so scary 😄 

But now it made me a bit laugh to see it again 😛 

Ngl this can still be scary abit because of the jumpscares and distorted noises lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blade202 said:

In my case i used to watch my dad play it all the time when i was little and when i was arround 5 yold i tried to play the game for myself so that would be arround 2010/2011 and i dont think anyone has the same or similar experience to mine.

Have a lovely day!

Same story, but I watched my older brother play.

I started play in ET in 12-13 years maybe.

• Like 5

My Father showed Me Enemy Territory and He let Me play on His Computer...

He also showed Me filesharing on Kazaa Network!

My first map was radar, I was running around not knowing where to go...

But, I knew there were Teams and map objective.

He, My Father, Had some tricks...

On oasis, He activated door at City wall as Allies,

Just as 2 Axis were coming through...

They got stuck there, Door kept opening and closing.

He said he could hold Them there as long as He wanted(Bug exploit - HeHe)

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Blade202 said:

Have a lovely day!

Pretty similar story for me too. Watched my dad play when I was like 5-7 years old and would play on and off on his account. He stopped playing around that time (2007) and I forgot about the game for a while but when I bought my own PC in high school when I was about 15. I decided to see if the game was still alive and to my surprise it was! Decided to keep playing from there and keep the name he used on the servers to continue the tradition 😁

• Like 5

• Platinum VIP

I started with RTCW, played the Single Player Mode (Had to use God Mode to actually win it lol) and then tired Multiplayer but I was lost. Just using default CFG settings and stuff.

When I moved to Illinois and built my first PC, I thought I was downloading RTCW again off of PirateBay or something and actually got ET. My first server I played on was called Pizza and Beer. They had one map that played often and I can't r emember it but never seen it since on any server.

Anyway, then I found SexMAD clan's servers and that became home where I met my first legendary players. Over time I worked my way up to Co-Leader, then started my own servers and clans after SM died. Then became a Co-Owner of Nbs and spent years playing ETPro.

When ETPro servers were dead I'd play here on Jay 1.

13 years later, here I am still

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 5

lets see here the life  of kiba  aka venom 

i just start off  with  looking for a shot them up game like i us to play on ps1 and ps2  you know the good old  days  of  old retro style games we us to play as a kid

end up playing  RTCW single player had fun with it  then i heard about ET and them doing a  multiplayer game i have no clue what my first server was but anyways 

end up  join the ~Evil~ Clan server stay there for about 2 or 3 weeks before i end up trying  out for  EVIL  played there for about 2 or 3 years  till the death of EVIL happen was at the time good friends with daredevil and baska and some of the other members who started up F|A  have no clue who all us who us to play with all of us from EVIL but anyways end up joining  F|A once i was sure ~EVIL~ was done for there still some of us alive from ~EVIL~ that are members of F|A now 😛 but anyways that how i end up here and playing ET  lol 

still till this day i'm still not 100% sure what happen to ~EVIL~  i think bigjohn the leader of  the clan die and  ppl just didn't know what to do at the time so we all just start going  our separate ways some of us quit and just  disappeared and some of us are still here using another names 

• Like 4

There's no shame in RTCW Single /god,

I'ts impossible to finish, You run out of Health...

I think I only once made My way through and "got out of the dungeon" with /god

There's still a few RTCW Servers online.

My favorite map: You parachute when You go over a cliff!

• Like 4

Found ET from my brother and started playing 2008-ish looking for the most chaotic/fun servers. I think Goldrush was my first map (at least the first map I can remember). Took a break during college and a few years after because I got hooked on my Xbox but after building my own PC during the pandemic, I had a computer which could successfully run ET. Here I am, amazed that the game is still so active and loving to spam the "Makin Bacon" vsay when I get cooked by a flamethrower or annihilated by a panzer!

Awesome topic btw !! 🤘

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Platinum VIP
On 8/12/2021 at 11:35 AM, Blade202 said:

Have a lovely day!

This is EXACTLY how I started playing ET! Was around exactly the same time as well, I started around 7-8 and have been playing on and off for years until I was able to get my own pc. My father is now passed on and this is a way that I keep him near. This was a special bond we had playing against each other. (He always kicked my ass! xD) Anyway, I think it's awesome we are all still around enjoying this old ass game. Great community, and great people. Wouldn't trade it for any other game!

• Like 4
  • 100 1

3 hours ago, nAbish said:

Wouldn't trade it for any other game!

I agree. You get a lot of positive emotions from teamwork, even if you lost in the end. This is not found in all games.

Edited by Vasylich
  • Like 2