ET Jay #2 Do Most People Not Know About Jay 2 ????

-=HipKat=-

I'm currently trying out some other servers. I will definitely visit jay2 the next time, to try it out as well!

From what I've seen now, I still prefer jay3 :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Some personal feedback, since you put in the time to ask for it! 

I like the setup of the Jay2 server. The lack/lower number of of poison/arti/r.nade/HW def weighs up to the added adren. I don't mind the dren at all actually. Overall its a more 'calm' experience and to me, walking around more calculated instead of rambo/respawn is more fun and makes circumstances better for teamplay.

The reason i resort from playing Jay2 (goes for one of my favs aswell.. Silent 2..miss you guys) is that -indeed- i dislike playing with Bot United. I prefer reviving a teammate instead of getting in another frag..the frustration of giving up your life for a bot just eh 'kills me'! Furthermore i tend to try and ignore the bots that are enemies, which results in weird situations as you can imagine..i don't wanna be a botslayer and i don't wanna be a medic that just walks straight passed wounded or non-gibbed teammates so i'd rather join a full-human server.  Just to put an indication for numbers in..for me the max bot capacity is about 25%, 6 humans + 2 bots, when it's 5 humans + 3 bots it feels like it's too much for me. 

Just keep up the positivity and most of all get the most joy out of gaming here. When circumstances are good for me, i'll sure as hell click and visit again! 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I generally stick to more local European servers but I'll give it look one evening! 

We have adren on Beg#2, I never use it unless I'm trying to run away with an objective, but it doesn't bother me getting killed by someone that does, just part of the game.

Be interesting to go up against @ElEl  anyhow, since from his signature, fearless thinks he is a botter 😂

Since I have no idea about the true differences between mods though

How different are the hitboxes on jaymod to silent?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ASBO said:

Be interesting to go up against @ElEl  anyhow, since from his signature, fearless thinks he is a botter 😂

This is not the same fearless that plays in beg2.

Anyway, I agree, jay2 is a good server but needs better players.

It's been a bit boring lately compared to 4/5 months ago.. largely because most of the time there's only arti spam/flamer/panzer players like grvw, tux, towers, merovigian etc.

I think some players (like iomen) got fed up with the adrenaline so they don't play as often.. specially since MUTE started playing there.

5 minutes ago, PHNTM said:

I think some players (like iomen) got fed up with the adrenaline so they don't play as often..

iomen still plays jay 2 regularly see him offten

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, Kurupttt said:

Some personal feedback, since you put in the time to ask for it! 

I like the setup of the Jay2 server. The lack/lower number of of poison/arti/r.nade/HW def weighs up to the added adren. I don't mind the dren at all actually. Overall its a more 'calm' experience and to me, walking around more calculated instead of rambo/respawn is more fun and makes circumstances better for teamplay.

The reason i resort from playing Jay2 (goes for one of my favs aswell.. Silent 2..miss you guys) is that -indeed- i dislike playing with Bot United. I prefer reviving a teammate instead of getting in another frag..the frustration of giving up your life for a bot just eh 'kills me'! Furthermore i tend to try and ignore the bots that are enemies, which results in weird situations as you can imagine..i don't wanna be a botslayer and i don't wanna be a medic that just walks straight passed wounded or non-gibbed teammates so i'd rather join a full-human server.  Just to put an indication for numbers in..for me the max bot capacity is about 25%, 6 humans + 2 bots, when it's 5 humans + 3 bots it feels like it's too much for me. 

Just keep up the positivity and most of all get the most joy out of gaming here. When circumstances are good for me, i'll sure as hell click and visit again! 

I understand your frustration with the bots and that's a big reason why I started this thread is so that more people will come to the server and they'll be less time when there are bots on each team

• Platinum VIP
35 minutes ago, PHNTM said:

This is not the same fearless that plays in beg2.

Anyway, I agree, jay2 is a good server but needs better players.

It's been a bit boring lately compared to 4/5 months ago.. largely because most of the time there's only arti spam/flamer/panzer players like grvw, tux, towers, merovigian etc.

I think some players (like iomen) got fed up with the adrenaline so they don't play as often.. specially since MUTE started playing there.

Recently, it's actually gotten more like it was a few months ago, as you referred to. Which is also part of why I started this thread because over the last week or so it's been really good again. Intense fragging, limited conversation and good objective play. I think the spammers, like other guys in the thread have noted our losing interest with the server having so few actual people on it and are going back to other servers.

Years ago when I first started playing here, J2 was full, often. But of course a lot of people have left the game and J1 has always been the most popular server here so naturally it would still be the one that has the most people on it but it's also very chaotic and if some people don't like that melee, chaotic style of play, I just want them to know that J2 is potentially a better alternative and like any server it takes a little time, playing there often to get used to it, get used to the other players and attract more players so that there are more humans playing more often.

That's what I would love to see more than anything,

.....and for El to stop f*****g with me...... 😆😆

Edited by -=HipKat=-

17 hours ago, ElEl said:

Complaints are fine in my opinion. Just as long as it's not endless bitching at people over and over.

Let me rephrase. Complaints about weapon usage, dren usage or other server configs, when they know these settings exist, is a type of defense mechanism to sooth their own bruised ego when they die by someone leveraging those settings.  I'm no psychology expert, but have some brief education in this area. Typically, there is a mechanism, say rationalization or displacement, where someone takes out their frustrations in a negative way either by explaining what's wrong with the setting or shifting the blame back on to something or someone else. Classic examples in ET are bitching about panzers, shotguns, FG, dren, the list goes on. Most people doing the bitching are the one-trick ponies that think everyone should play the same class and prove who is best. People come to play this game for a variety of reasons and they are all welcome on Jay2 (well, most of them anyway).

And I disagree that complaints are fine. Everyone has an opinion that's fine, but come to the table with a solution or at least constructive feedback. Don't come and whine about the same crap without offering a solution. It's like jumping in the pool then getting out complaining they got wet. We know there is dren on this server. Use it or not, play here or not, your choice. Jay1 is the alternative.

• 100 2

• Platinum VIP
55 minutes ago, Gameplan said:

Let me rephrase. Complaints about weapon usage, dren usage or other server configs, when they know these settings exist, is a type of defense mechanism to sooth their own bruised ego when they die by someone leveraging those settings.  I'm no psychology expert, but have some brief education in this area. Typically, there is a mechanism, say rationalization or displacement, where someone takes out their frustrations in a negative way either by explaining what's wrong with the setting or shifting the blame back on to something or someone else. Classic examples in ET are bitching about panzers, shotguns, FG, dren, the list goes on. Most people doing the bitching are the one-trick ponies that think everyone should play the same class and prove who is best. People come to play this game for a variety of reasons and they are all welcome on Jay2 (well, most of them anyway).

And I disagree that complaints are fine. Everyone has an opinion that's fine, but come to the table with a solution or at least constructive feedback. Don't come and whine about the same crap without offering a solution. It's like jumping in the pool then getting out complaining they got wet. We know there is dren on this server. Use it or not, play here or not, your choice. Jay1 is the alternative.

Believe it or not, that is exactly why I stopped complaining about the very things you're talking about. I realized I was just deflecting my own frustration on other people on the servers and I had some big Revelation about being a better person as much as I just wanted to be able to get along and not argue with anybody on that server and be seen as somebody who has changed the things that attribute to the reputation I had developed on that other server.

In other words, I didn't want people thinking I was a big jerk anymore. I found a server that I really love and I wanted to make sure that everybody on it loved me back LOL

3 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Fast And Furious Elena Neves GIF by The Fast Saga 

😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Believe it or not, that is exactly why I stopped complaining about the very things you're talking about. I realized I was just deflecting my own frustration on other people on the servers and I had some big Revelation about being a better person as much as I just wanted to be able to get along and not argue with anybody on that server and be seen as somebody who has changed the things that attribute to the reputation I had developed on that other server.

In other words, I didn't want people thinking I was a big jerk anymore. I found a server that I really love and I wanted to make sure that everybody on it loved me back LOL

Good approach, and I've noticed. Nice work, and ad for Jay2. Sorry if it sounded as I was trying to spark debate on it. I'm not, it's more about level setting expectations.

• Like 1

If you want to play with the captn, you must play jay2.

It's only real downfall is adren, but out of all the times I have played there through the years I'd say less than 10% of the time there's been enough players using it to find it annoying.  

Next would be the player count which can both be a positive or a negative depending on who they are.  If it's decent players, then it's a lot of fun and you don't have to deal with overwhelming amounts of spam like unplayable over slotted jay1.  But if it's a bunch of grvw's and barra's, then you have to deal with no challenge and A LOT of complaining.

• Like 1
  • 100 2

3 hours ago, Gameplan said:

I think you're looking farrrrr too deep into this. People have bad days, people get angry then people complain. I've done it before after being stressed about shit going on in and out of the game. It's a human response to negativity. I've seen you get angry in chat before. I don't think it's anything about the person themselves unless they've proven it by saying stuff like 'you're only good cause of dren' etc. every day they're on the server. Most of what I've seen it's just heat of the moment stuff and saying something like 'if you don't like adrenaline, go to a different server' is enough to stop people complaining about it as you're giving them an option. I agree that there are some people who whine constantly and those are the ones I was talking about in my previous reply. I don't see where ego comes into this at all, I think it's almost always people just being angry at something and venting about it in chat.

As I said, I've been angry in chat before due to certain weapons and I don't see myself as this unbeatable god of ET that can only be killed by things like FG and panzers. If I did I certainly wouldn't play the way I do with daft stuff like 360s and stomp kills as I enjoy doing stupid things like that over what people label the "typical rambo medic" play style. I still do think that the FG is overpowered and I've let my thoughts on that be known previously but I don't think it's anything I've brought up recently on Jay2 itself. Anyway, until complaints becomes constant or toxic, I don't see it as a massive deal and talking stuff out with the person usually solves it. There are people like GRvW, TUX etc. who I think should just be permamuted as what they do is constant and toxic. GRvW is always saying shit in team chat and flaming people out. TUX accuses everyone he sees of being a cheater and harasses and insults them. Is there anyone you have in mind when you speak of these 'one-trick ponies' that you think are bitching?

4 hours ago, Gameplan said:

And I disagree that complaints are fine. Everyone has an opinion that's fine, but come to the table with a solution or at least constructive feedback. Don't come and whine about the same crap without offering a solution.

I should have maybe been more clear when I said complaints are fine. The odd message after getting mad I think is just human nature so long as it's not derogatory or aggressive. Constant whining is not fine, it's a server rule for a reason.

14 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

what was his finger info? i got a idea who that was. 

I don't have !finger so I can't tell you.

6 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

It's not personal, I enjoy f***ing with everyone. I'm just a troll at heart 😂

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, ElEl said:

It's not personal, I enjoy f***ing with everyone. I'm just a troll at heart 😂

It's all good. That's why I put the laughing faces.

But 40 - 9 no adren isn't just to show that you can roll without adren, it's a direct response to somebody, not sure who but somebody saying to me that I'm terrible.... Hmmm. Now who was that?