ET Jay #2 Do Most People Not Know About Jay 2 ????

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
Just now, ElEl said:

I'm hanging onto the edge of my seat in suspense. Who was it?

See everybody? Everybody reading this thread that hasn't experienced our server? See how tight our little community is? We're like family!

Dysfunctional family......

Just now, -=HipKat=- said:

See everybody? Everybody reading this thread that hasn't experienced our server? See how tight our little community is? We're like family!

Dysfunctional family......

Is everything okay at home for you hipkat? Is work stressful right now? I hope things work out well for you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ElEl said:

I think you're looking farrrrr too deep into this. Is there anyone you have in mind when you speak of these 'one-trick ponies' that you think are bitching?

LOL, you think that's deep? That's years of playing this game against a variety of folks and seeing similar people talking the same shit. But Joker is one that comes to mind.

Edited by Gameplan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

It's all good. That's why I put the laughing faces.

But 40 - 9 no adren isn't just to show that you can roll without adren, it's a direct response to somebody, not sure who but somebody saying to me that I'm terrible.... Hmmm. Now who was that?

that was probably me.. after not being healed by my medic 3 maps in arrow and actually having to go look for him to c wtf he is doing. lol u had 40 -9 i had 84 -35 same map and i was only eni. an we won.if i remember correctly.i DO love u tho.

10 hours ago, Gameplan said:

Let me rephrase. Complaints about weapon usage, dren usage or other server configs, when they know these settings exist, is a type of defense mechanism to sooth their own bruised ego when they die by someone leveraging those settings.  I'm no psychology expert, but have some brief education in this area. Typically, there is a mechanism, say rationalization or displacement, where someone takes out their frustrations in a negative way either by explaining what's wrong with the setting or shifting the blame back on to something or someone else. Classic examples in ET are bitching about panzers, shotguns, FG, dren, the list goes on. Most people doing the bitching are the one-trick ponies that think everyone should play the same class and prove who is best. People come to play this game for a variety of reasons and they are all welcome on Jay2 (well, most of them anyway).

And I disagree that complaints are fine. Everyone has an opinion that's fine, but come to the table with a solution or at least constructive feedback. Don't come and whine about the same crap without offering a solution. It's like jumping in the pool then getting out complaining they got wet. We know there is dren on this server. Use it or not, play here or not, your choice. Jay1 is the alternative.

this is actually pretty good i liked reading this....

7 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

If you want to play with the captn, you must play jay2.

It's only real downfall is adren, but out of all the times I have played there through the years I'd say less than 10% of the time there's been enough players using it to find it annoying.  

Next would be the player count which can both be a positive or a negative depending on who they are.  If it's decent players, then it's a lot of fun and you don't have to deal with overwhelming amounts of spam like unplayable over slotted jay1.  But if it's a bunch of grvw's and barra's, then you have to deal with no challenge and A LOT of complaining.

ahh kevin . thxs!lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, captnconcrete said:

that was probably me.. after not being healed by my medic 3 maps in arrow and actually having to go look for him to c wtf he is doing. lol u had 40 -9 i had 84 -35 same map and i was only eni. an we won.if i remember correctly.i DO love u tho.

You played the whole map, I only played half of it but it was El and Shatter, who even with his dren has never killed me more times than I've killed him since that day, except once - on Jay 1

ok, this topic started out trying to build up jay2 and bring more players to the server, but after reading this, its putting me off lol. bitching, whining and moaning etc

Seems most of jay1 wont play here because of adren, take it off and see wot happens. like a trial

Adren shud maybe just left on beginners

I did stop playing jay2 for a while because of junkies (sry adrenners). For some reason or another, I just cant hit them, not sure why, but when they aren't its a different story. anyway this is of topic!!!

Jay2 has some great players and ppl. Admins are great, most ppl are real friendly, with a few exceptions like lmlmk as El! posted (I was there for that, was kinda funny tho)

So, lets all get along nicely and have some fun, right guys??

• Like 4

I would like to add (on the adren thing again) Im not here to tell ppl not to use it or vice verser, thats up to you, but I would like to ad a quote from El! a while which has stuck on my mind )

While playing on venice, El! asked me if I use adren, I replied No! to which he replied "thats a waste of server resources" How true is that?

So hipkat maybe we shud join them along with the rest and end this silly debate over adren use??

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, iOmen said:

I would like to add (on the adren thing again) Im not here to tell ppl not to use it or vice verser, thats up to you, but I would like to ad a quote from El! a while which has stuck on my mind )

While playing on venice, El! asked me if I use adren, I replied No! to which he replied "thats a waste of server resources" How true is that?

So hipkat maybe we shud join them along with the rest and end this silly debate over adren use??

I tried to use it actually a couple of weeks ago but either I injected it too early or I don't understand what it's supposed to do because it didn't seem to change anything. So I tried to use it like once or twice after that again and it just was a fail so I never tried again.

I like to envision some of the really good players from other servers he's coming to J2 and playing the cleaner game. Like some of the @sk players, and you should be able to bring other guys from your group on there. Guys that hit headshots more regularly are not going to be affected by Adren anyway and I think being grouped in with more better all around players has made me a better all around player

Edited by -=HipKat=-

2 hours ago, iOmen said:

I don't think I said that? I have no idea as to what that would even mean or what context I would say anything like that to. Maybe I said it's more efficient to use adrenaline than to not use it? Do you remember when this conversation was so I can check demos?

Regardless, I hope you stay on Jay2. I have a lot of fun playing against you and I think you're one of the best players on the server. I've told you before but I think that your aim is a lot better than mine is 😅.

38 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I tried to use it actually a couple of weeks ago but either I injected it too early or I don't understand what it's supposed to do because it didn't seem to change anything. So I tried to use it like once or twice after that again and it just was a fail so I never tried again.

Adrenaline does the following:

Halves damage from non-headshots

Infinite stamina for 10 seconds

I thought that it also reduced the rate of spread increase while firing and moving but I had a look at the Jaymod source code and couldn't find anything that confirmed it so I guess I was wrong.

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
6 minutes ago, ElEl said:

I've told you before but I think that your aim is a lot better than mine is 😅.

It might be but you're harder to hit. I actually get kills on Iomen at a fairly decent rate. I can't touch you. If I take you down to half damage, it's a small victory

• Haha 1

off topic a bit . but .. i used to be a admin at bunker gaming. we had the adren debate  from hell there .. alot always told me u  only good cuz adren . so we took it off . my rating went up not down just sayin..lolol an El! moves so fast that the hit boxes cant keep up .lol try leading or  trailing him. works for me sometimes. sorry i havent been on the server lately, i been real busy working an am to tired when i get home . to play et. 

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

off topic a bit . but .. i used to be a admin at bunker gaming. we had the adren debate  from hell there .. alot always told me u  only good cuz adren . so we took it off . my rating went up not down just sayin..lolol an El! moves so fast that the hit boxes cant keep up .lol try leading or  trailing him. works for me sometimes. sorry i havent been on the server lately, i been real busy working an am to tired when i get home . to play et. 

Yeah, summer hours here, too .We're slammed! Most nights i haven't been getting home til after 8PM

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ElEl said:

I thought that it also reduced the rate of spread increase while firing and moving but I had a look at the Jaymod source code and couldn't find anything that confirmed it so I guess I was wrong.

There must be some sort of hidden code then because something has to explain those neat FG42 headshots from 100 meters away. 

I reckon the number of slots on jay1 should be limited, why bother have many servers if they're empty because (for some inexplicable reason) people prefer heavy weapons spam. 🙄

Played a few maps yesterday evening on silent1 and it was great, no spam, good shooting and teamwork, but jay does offer some sort of more enjoyable/fun gaming experience.

Idk, if people aren't happy about the adrenaline why not just get rid of it? I think it can be really fun but I wouldn't mind to see it go if this brought more players in. 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
29 minutes ago, PHNTM said:

There must be some sort of hidden code then because something has to explain those neat FG42 headshots from 100 meters away. 

I reckon the number of slots on jay1 should be limited, why bother have many servers if they're empty because (for some inexplicable reason) people prefer heavy weapons spam. 🙄

Played a few maps yesterday evening on silent1 and it was great, no spam, good shooting and teamwork, but jay does offer some sort of more enjoyable/fun gaming experience.

Idk, if people aren't happy about the adrenaline why not just get rid of it? I think it can be really fun but I wouldn't mind to see it go if this brought more players in. 

Getting rid of 'dren has been argued so may times and I think if it was taken away, we'd lose players more than gain players. It's REALLY not that big of an issue. The 1/2 damage from non-headshots is the most annoying next to moving faster form the extra stamina making it harder to hit people BUT, get more headshots. Raising the crosshairs takes more focus - for me - but it works.

Also, I argued less slots on Jay 1 many times - til they added more. Last night I was on there and someone named DarkShot came on, mentioned that game style being unplayable and left before I could tell him about Jay 2. Did he go to a different server, or one outside of FA servers? Who knows