ET BEGINNERS #1 Jay 3 Poison Knife

Blo0dy

I really don't like when people are just throwing knife all the game, it's random, it's annoying and don't require much skill most of the time ahah. (Plus it's not the correct way to use knife, you are suppose to knife people in the back ! Ninja's style)

But it's part of the game too, I don't think it's a good idea to remove it. Maybe lower the number of knife you can throw before asking for ammo can be a good solution.

But a complete removal in jaymod ? Not a good idea in my point of view.

• 100 5

I actually only use the throwing knife when i'm playing against Chef, just to annoy him🤣 
Maybe it's an idea to put damage on in stead of poison. Just a little damage, like -30HP or something. (if that's even possible)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I donno what to say.

I used in old times to be a knives addicted and just spam knives to bother people and rambo medics.

Now I still use it sometimes, and I find it a good and funny way to remember fraggers that Jay3 is an object's oriented server at the end 😉

On the other side, I see some players just spamming knives all the time, so I suggest to limit the knives pro life to two or three, and that's it, imo.

• 100 1

I personally say its a Jay3 thing. 

We have removed it quite few times and it was always set back, So i dont think this time it can make any different.

• Like 4
  • 100 1

It's over powered even worse than a FG or flame. It's like a instant kill and all you need to do is get off one hit. It may or may not be worse than shotgun kills... it's not as bad as someone with connection interrupts who uses FG42 but it's still pretty awful. I hate it but I have to accept it. I won't even bring myself unless necessary to use such....weapons...I never use the knife like that. 

When bawts use it it's horrific, especially when you're playing decently and some super poison bawt gets off a one in a million poison shot off you.  

• 100 1

44 minutes ago, spectator said:

It's over powered even worse than a FG or flame. It's like a instant kill and all you need to do is get off one hit. It may or may not be worse than shotgun kills... it's not as bad as someone with connection interrupts who uses FG42 but it's still pretty awful. I hate it but I have to accept it. I won't even bring myself unless necessary to use such....weapons...I never use the knife like that. 

When bawts use it it's horrific, especially when you're playing decently and some super poison bawt gets off a one in a million poison shot off you.  

U need medic back and GG

• 100 2

I think the poison knife is a nice addition on this server. After all, it's a server for beginners. Molotov is also a nice idea and it could be added as 3 pieces. I used to play on a server where there were such settings and it was fun. One could have tried. :)

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
16 hours ago, Chef<3 said:

I really don't like when people are just throwing knife all the game, it's random, it's annoying and don't require much skill most of the time ahah. (Plus it's not the correct way to use knife, you are suppose to knife people in the back ! Ninja's style)

That's what I hate, when people just run around with a friggin knife in their hand. I was watching a guy on Jay 1 that was my spec when I was waiting to respawn and that's all he was doing was running and throwing it randomly. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
19 hours ago, spectator said:

It's on Jay 2 as well. It can be pretty horrific. 😄 

It's only on Jay 2 on 1 or 2 maps though

• 100 3

• 4 months later...

can we get ride of this poison knifes?   peoples just running around and spamming knives  , atleast remove that 2 hits dead crap , iits not ennjoyable annymore

Edited by Gladiator
  • 100 2

• Leader
20 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

can we get ride of this poison knifes?   peoples just running around and spamming knives  , atleast remove that 2 hits dead crap , iits not ennjoyable annymore

We will study this option.

I also hate poison knives but some people enjoy it. Lets see what the majority wants

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

I used to be a jay 2 addict  , was the only server i was playing . Then a few years ago, jay 2 has took off poison knifes from regular setting . I have not played a full map on jay 2 ever since.  And i know for a fact i m not the only one , was talking about it with a friend not too long ago. 

Now i can t  tell for jay 3 as i m not regular there but what i can say first hand is that when you take out somethings that a player enjoy , he ll start to look somewhere else ...