Long distance relationships

Sisje

Can I try😂, oke let's do this. 

I’m still young, I’m not married but I’ve been in situations like these, that is, long-distance relationships. For the last 5 years I have been in constant move, integration, work, running there, running here. I was with a girl for almost 5 years, since elementary school there have been sparks that we couldnt go over them. The first 3 years were great, as he says I am constantly on the move and looking for and getting to work wherever it is. I was in Denmark for almost a year but with a break of one month. We heard each other on social networks almost every day, when I come home from work, the call arrives immediately. It mostly went through Messenger or Viber. As for any help, since let me say right away that she is a real sloth, she did not want to work after finishing school. We helped each other in any way. When I returned to Bosnia, we were together, I became good with her older brother, with her parents too. When I went to Croatia to work, it was a little harder, I didn't have time because there was too much work. Since then, she has started to communicate a little harder because she is a little, a little jealous. Upon my return in 2019 at the end of the year, small quarrels happened, weak relationships, there were always some small mistakes, because I am always somewhere and not with her. So I can say that it's a little harder for the newer generations to understand that, despite all the possibilities, they are not doing well. Back in January when I went to Germany, everything fell into the water, in addition to everything, none of it remained between us ... After 4 and a half years, I found another who did not want to accept it at all, so ...😂😂

Wtf is wrong with you Chuu😂

Life must go on, keep your head up✌️

With love Chuu💕⚜️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprise 1

Really nice to read your stories Sis, chuu, Nancy! As far as concering myself, not been really in a long distrance relationship before. On the other hand, i'm having this amazing group of friends which i went on summer holidays for like  8 years in a row. As you can imagine, thinks happen on those holidays. A few times i've had this great click, but then again things like this just vanish as you separated for a while and not been together too long on the holiday. I think it can work, but also communication is a big part of it, and ofourse being able to fully go for it.

I'm curious about more stories!😄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, notellenPage said:

Long distance relationships doesn't exist. They all fall apart one day or another.

Well they do exist, that they last is a whole other story.. And I agree that most fall apart one day or another but it doesn't mean people can't have experiences with it and want to share :)

It takes a special relationship to last, and ideally not a very long period of time you are apart, I'm really happy I have a bit of a timeline where I know I'll be with him, during the first 2 years it was a 2 week visit every 6 months - work and money. How well can you get to know someone over the internet eh? Real life is so different, little things you'll only notice when you start living together. For me it will be a struggle but one I'd love to discover and work on together with my better half, noone is perfect after all. Longest I've spend with him was 9 weeks over the summer and I'm happy to say we don't fight and the fights we have over the internet usually go about how little we can see each other or other stupid little things that won't occur when we are together so it will be completely irrelevant once I'm able to move. Then again it can be completely different when we both work and live together there as obviously when I'm there now, I'm free to do whatever I want.

• Like 1

You said in your original post you hope people will share their stories, I shared mine and that's all. My experience says they don't and I wanted to share it. I won't get into specifics coz it was like all the other stories we all heard and the only thing it's gonna be bring are memories and feelings I killed inside myself 😄

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP

Happily together with a girl for a little over a year now who lives 900km (or 2200km if she is at her family) away. Best thing that ever happened to me not gonna lie. We met in a hostel after a friend and fellow travel fanatic of mine convinced me to go for a late holiday to Ireland in October last year. It is unbelievable how fast things can go. We spend less than a week together at first but kept in contact... a LOT. We have both been to each other multiple times although corona has made it increasingly difficult.

In many ways we found ourselves in the other person and yet in just as many ways we are polar opposites. But our differences make us whole and more often than not they lead to an even better middle ground :) We plan to close the gap in 2021 so I am looking forward to that tremendously, to finally put an end to all the travelling.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • 100 1

Like everything in life, we humanbeeings need our ups and downs. 

if we always have our uptime, its hard to keep focused on each other , since we all take our Environment for granted. but it isnt.

So the ups and downs of a distance Relationsship will make you feel even more in love, since the chemics in your brain will give you a superhigh everytime you can finally see your better half.

I miss those ups and downs the most. the saying goodbye at the trainstations, knowing you wont see each other for a whole week and such. the planning of vacations together and the pre happyness of it.

Long story short.

i still love my wife, even if i am seeing her everyday and i am happy that i decided to move to her area. ✌️

just dont give up and everything will be fine.

Edited by Vice86
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I was travelling the world and was in Australia 20 years ago, i met a girl from Japan in Adelaide, we just hit it off, we just clicked; we stayed at the same guesthouse for 2 months. I stayed in contact with her for many years; she visited England, i visited Japan. We then travelled again 6 years later and met in Borneo.

3 years later in 2009 we got married and have a daughter together now 9 years old and right now things couldn't be better, even during this strange time.

It doesn't matter how far apart you are, if you really want to be together and are prepared to fight to make it happen, it's definitely possible to make it work. Yes it cost a lot of money obtaining the visas, passing English spoken test (now abolished) etc; but wort every penny 😄

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I’m a bit curious how you managed to keep in touch @Basalisk Back then there was no facebook, whatsapp or whatsoever, so I guess you could only make skypecalls and  write traditional letters (and it also takes time to receive one from Japan)... I hope I’m not being nosy, just this story is extremely heart-warming, especially considering you described it from 20-year old perspective.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • 100 1

7 godzin temu, MosesIsComingLookBusy napisał:

Ah, we have reached a time where emails have been forgotten 😃

Hah, I just liked the idea of written letters way more😅

• Like 2
  • 100 2

16 hours ago, Bells said:

I’m a bit curious how you managed to keep in touch @Basalisk Back then there was no facebook, whatsapp or whatsoever, so I guess you could only make skypecalls and  write traditional letters (and it also takes time to receive one from Japan)... I hope I’m not being nosy, just this story is extremely heart-warming, especially considering you described it from 20-year old perspective.

Lol back then in the olden days we used hotmail 😄

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1