ET ET and some things of the community...

deadpnk

2 minutes ago, L3ftY. said:

we could also go round and round and waste everyone's time with different fk'd up scenarios, couldn't we

"fk'd up" for you, because you can't imagine. But I can, because I had similar experience.

• 100 3

25 minutes ago, ktg0000 said:

So if the good admins are in the minority, then they make bad decisions. And from my experience I would say the good admins are in the minority.

Let me use your example. :)

What if you didn't make any mistakes but the leaders message you about it as if you made a mistake? If you close, then you got demoted but if you try to meet their expectations, then you make a mistake.

Huh? How exactly did you did you come to this conclusion? I see no connection between what I said and what you're saying in the first sentence.
Also, I get that you're upset, but this ain't the place to get any sort of closure, chief. You want someone to look at your case? PM Staff or use Contact Us. But don't just sit here and rag on our members and expect us to take it all day long, 'cause what's gonna happen is a perfectly good topic will end up getting locked.

As for your example, if I hadn't made a mistake, and a leader messaged me? Then I'd sit there and, in a civilized manner, explain that there was a misunderstanding and wish them a good day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • 100 2

16 minutes ago, zenith said:

I love how the bandwagon syndrome keeps emerging, even when predented with facts, kudos my people. 

So a simple question that begs asking...

If we have such a shitty server(s) and FA admin are careless idiots who don't give a flying fk, then why the fk are you here?

• Like 1
  • 100 6

27 minutes ago, zenith said:

I love how the bandwagon syndrome

God forbid that most of us share the same opinion. This is certainly not allowed right? We must agree with you or its bandwagon syndrome. SMH.

Its been said time and time again, if you see abuse, report it WITH proof. If you have been wronged, report it. This doesn't guarantee anything though. We look at your case and then we decide as a group on the outcome. If we blindly just believe every case that comes our way with limited proof, everyone would exploit that and make complaints. We do our best on the facts provided. Sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong. We hope to be right most of the time because we understand the impact some cases can have on people and in the cases we are wrong we apologise. None of it is intentional. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

None of it is intentional. 

Some have said gaslighting is intentional, or maybe just having gas.

21 minutes ago, L3ftY. said:

So a simple question that begs asking...

If we have such a shitty server(s) and FA admin are careless idiots who don't give a flying fk, then why the fk are you here?

So, without feeding into an ego driven question without unnecessary cuss words to look edgy, a general answer is that half of the community tends to be going to populated servers and nobody wants to be babied around, treated with condescending attitudes and accused wrongly of something without being given one chance to defend themselves. You wanna keep those servers going, maybe revise some things. No, not everyone will call it out but people see it regardless. Right. Some choose to ignore it because it is indirect to their person whereas others have to call it out as it becomes personal. I think this is a normal, general answer, without a backhanded wording or language. Let's be civil, not muddy and rude. This is a peaceful topic i think. 

10 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

God forbid that most of us share the same opinion. This is certainly not allowed right? We must agree with you or its bandwagon syndrome. SMH.

Its been said time and time again, if you see abuse, report it WITH proof. If you have been wronged, report it. This doesn't guarantee anything though. We look at your case and then we decide as a group on the outcome. If we blindly just believe every case that comes our way with limited proof, everyone would exploit that and make complaints. We do our best on the facts provided. Sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong. We hope to be right most of the time because we understand the impact some cases can have on people and in the cases we are wrong we apologise. None of it is intentional. 

Cheep, you are repeating what everyone else is saying dear, we got it! 

5 minutes ago, zenith said:

You wanna keep those servers going, maybe revise some things.

I wasn't aware that you helped FA run servers for the past decade. Which servers did you run? You must have had pretty darn good success if you have the know how on how to keep servers populated for years on end.

PS. I am repeating because it seems its going in one ear and out the other. Keep trying to paint us as villains. Not going to work. Bring proof of abuse and it will be handled. Just like in real life. A judge will kick you out of a court if you have no proof and only words.

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, zenith said:

I think this is a normal, general answer, without a backhanded wording or language. Let's be civil, not muddy and rude. This is a peaceful topic i think?

I think your civility ended here long ago, Mira.  Maybe it's time for you to move on, and I am trying to be nice.

• Haha 1
  • 100 4

7 minutes ago, L3ftY. said:

I think your civility ended here long ago, Mira.  Maybe it's time for you to move on, and I am trying to be nice.

You never talked to me about it once, you only barked at me with harsh words without getting my side or having a chat. If my civility ended a long time ago, I wouldn't have people standing up for me. I woke up to this today and smiled when I saw this. I think you need to open your eyes. 

But seriously...why are you even here. 

Enlighten our clan as to why you even care what FA does. Or are you trying to get some meaningful point across to have all those 'Mira haters' finally say, "you know Mira was right all along, why didn't we listen to her?" And pls stay on topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I'm seeing fallacious statements going around here, and now the bickering has gotten personal between these things. Even more so, disingenuously. 

I never intended for this post to stir the pot in general. (Murphy's Law, of course) 

I'm literally explaining as to how individuals can themselves contribute more to a problem without realizing it. 

there were several points made that should still be addressed: 

- the forum system still is pretty functional, but i'm sure DD has enough shit on his plate to reply to every single complaint that comes on his way, which thus should be reserved for the most serious of replies. I wasn't even devaluating the actual platform itself - just that it's being used as misdirection from admins. 

- when it comes to favoritism, well there's an example of having such a structure that promotes/demotes can create competition instead of collaboration, such as a gaming clan with ranks. (Xernicus essentially talked about if he didn't show restraint, then the ideal situation would have happened, which it did - however my point is that it seldom happens) 

- regarding word of the higher ranks: in theory, if a higher rank tells you that a person "should", or "shouldn't" act in a certain manner? how is it known to be objectively correct? when does it turn to something subjective? (rhetorical questions, yeah) Does the word of the highest member hold true and valid? or is it just a personal thing behind it all? 

i don't think anyone knows for sure unless they communicate effectively and just be honest with themselves, even that requires some kind of transparency. 

- to Cheep and Lefty, this goes beyond Mira, to be fair, and she's expressed her concern on here but apparently couldn't get any word in edgewise without ad hominem fallacies. (as of now, it seems like she can't at all right now, as her account is currently disabled) 

- that action speaks for itself; frankly, I don't think this isn't a legal court, nor should comments and concerns already be made trivialized from what it appears to be personal gripe;  associating that in something like in a online multiplayer video game community, no offense, it just doesn't look that good.

I see this not just with Mira right now, but others in the past as well. - worse cases I've seen before in other communities were in the past because of things like this. 

- making personal jabs and then making reactions out of what is intended to be a healthy discussion just eventually turns to bickering if there's ego put forth first. 

I'm even seeing reactions to posts made here, which makes it seem like this is a sports event of mental gymnastics or something. It's just a little cringe. 

I know that there are good people in this clan and have done their best in being the "good apples"; this isn't really about them, they know who they are. 

but even still, from former members that have been up in the ranks over the years -

to some that are still currently in here, have said that they have been concerned about the culture change, had intention on leaving - 

yet refrain from speaking otherwise, for fear of retaliation.

To those, I thank you. 

I wanted to speak freely about this topic, but from recent posts it just seems like flaming so far. 

Edited by deadpnk
  • Like 1

To be honest, I am not sure of the purpose of this topic. I don't see what can be gained from reading this. People have different perspectives for many situations. You have yours and all i see in this topic is its a bunch of he said she said.  All I can say is the next time you see something wrong happen, send staff a message when it happens, not months later when the dust has settled.

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2

Deadpnk, once I ban ur dear friend McCloud and u got upset and stopped visiting FA. Later you also  admitted McCloud was wrong.

This is just history repeating, give more time you  will say same for mira. Also I will be personally thankful to you if you respect decisions made by FA. Even if you can't, pls don't bring these trash to us, keep your close friends to yourself. Clearly you two conspired and made this thread and both posting bullshit , wasting everybody's time. 

Mira's account got deactivate  on her request ,now new account to achieve what? 

Go back to uje or any other server you two can enjoy together. I give 0 fks. It's over .. move on.

And say thanks to mira , I had good laugh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

• tipsy locked this topic