ET ET and some things of the community...

deadpnk

*this is a long post, I hope you have the patience with me*

There are times where people embody themselves in others, could be people - could be things (such as ideas).

Where they idealized a concept based on whatever merit. 
These people in this kind of community, is where a lot of the frustration, ripens.

Some really become martyrs and set as examples for something – unknowing that considering of all sides is helpful when dealing with problematic people.
However, this could happen to anyone, or even anything else.
If you are part of the community, you are part of the family, and you are supposedly seen as part of a belonging, a sense of purpose – not withstanding, how they treat outsiders –

They believe that outsiders, would be easier to handle as they are not in the collective entity.

They pay no attention to them, but as soon as they get personal with an individual of that community, now it becomes tribalism – you talk shit of one, you talk shit of all.

The individual, is symbiotic, with the collective.  It’s the people that look for such individualistic traits, a sense of purpose within themselves.

They look for a sense of guidance – and in the pursuit of individual freedom. I don't mean to condescend, its sometimes a reason to be in a gaming clan.

They embody the idea of family, purpose, order, structure, and subordination.

I'm often confused at the way some members of the community treat each other, and how being ostracized can really hurt. 

I think that the sense of individuality in being a part of a community, especially online, where there's a power structure in place - that sense of individual freedom can be skewed. 

Honestly, I've personally seen high members of this community treat their own like shit. However, the worst part of this, i think its complacency, and silence around it.

Perhaps its lack of transparency because it becomes clan business, but sometimes it just is blatant disregard for feedback that is constructive criticism.

I’ve seen this before.  I'm sure some would agree and I have personally spoken to people that have been at the other side of this, and I frankly mean no bad intentions from it. 

Over 2 months ago, I've seen a very close friend of mine get treated badly here out of a situation that could've been handled differently, to the point where it caused real harm.
This person was treated to the point of gaslighting, and people around started to take notion of whatever rumors may have spread, which led to a skewed perspective.

I felt that it damaged a lot of this person and led to them leaving the community entirely, and I've heard that in the midst of it - a high-ranking member decided to ban the person for an egregious part of time, even though they had already quit.

I just find it messed up that the person didn't even get a chance to defend themselves. Yet, there's still some scrutiny behind that lingers - even if this person now doesn't want anything to do with FA anymore.
Whilst some may never understand what goes through a person's mind, I think this is something that needs to be addressed because it goes deeper than this. 
It isn't just treating someone like shit because of a person's character, its more of the perceived notions of who or what things seem to be, versus things that are. 

I didn't want to interfere because I felt like that wasn't really my business, yet I felt like since there are things that have been twisted and warped to misinterpretations -

It eventually just ended up being for what it is: wrong. 

it only exhibits more of the behavioral patterns I've seen before -

It's just sad to see how people can act in this way, and I just think it can be a power trip.

Even more so before, for example - some members of the community have just been neglected and dismissed to "go on forums" by your admins, which doesn't really help the issue at first hand.

Dismissing it, only to have it be ignored or put off on forums, doesn't also look good.  I understand that ET shouldn't be a second job, i get it. Yet,  

Additionally muting, or even banning for way more time than necessary - i think it just makes it seem like an ego power trip. Some clan members had a bad reputation before because of this abuse. 

Sure, the one thing at hand is keeping the community in check, but then its turning the other cheek as well when it's someone that is convenient for them to mess around with.

It isn't just admins and clan members, just in general everyone piling on certain people because they're "the bad guy, because <rumor>". 

To be really honest, I've said some shit to some FA members in the past, but only when it was needed (so you can call me a hypocrite there) - yet my role is very different here, as I don't have admin privileges.

I don't mean that it isn't without its good days, and it becomes pleasant and a pleasure to experience this first hand. 

The patterns of what's considered abuse are becoming more prominent, and I feel like if someone doesn't say anything, then it becomes normalized. 

I've delayed on talking about this, but it just feels like it just needs to be said. I wanted to approach this the right way.

There's a lot of cherry picking and blatant disregard of people that want to say things, especially regarding admin abuse, and neglect. 

I don't want to stir the pot by naming names or whatever, but yeah - its just not good - and I hope its been addressed internally. 

No, I'm not putting an agenda, nor was i told to make a post about it by someone - this is by my own grace. 

This is getting to a point where things that are badly perceived, are becoming things that badly are.

I simply just wish better out of a community that has provided some of the best times of my life. 

Thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, deadpnk said:

Some really become martyrs and set as examples for something – unknowing that considering of all sides is helpful when dealing with problematic people.
However, this could happen to anyone, or even anything else.
If you are part of the community, you are part of the family, and you are supposedly seen as part of a belonging, a sense of purpose – not withstanding, how they treat outsiders –

They believe that outsiders, would be easier to handle as they are not in the collective entity.

They pay no attention to them, but as soon as they get personal with an individual of that community, now it becomes tribalism – you talk shit of one, you talk shit of all.

The individual, is symbiotic, with the collective.  It’s the people that look for such individualistic traits, a sense of purpose within themselves.

If we dont pay attention to "Outsiders" we wouldn't need any admins nor any rules structure no we have so many complaints or trails etc. We all were once outsiders  and we all were approached by F|A admins to join , because we all care about each other who play on our servers, if we hadnt cared we wont be recruiting people nor asking them to apply . 

You said as soon as they get personal : well obviously this is wrong . This is a gaming community . Everyone come here to blow off steam or enjoy the game and interact with people around the world and friends. they dont want anyone to get attacked personally or get personal . And as a community we dont support our admins blindy nor we punish them blindly. if u check our complaints section we always i mean "always" ask people to get proof regardless of there level . We ask admins to get proof everytime, and without proof we dont act . There are plenty of stuff which goes behind the scenes which we cant display to everyone. There are admins who work tirelessly to keep the servers running and not to punish anyone who doesnt deserve. And no one here is sitting on forums waiting for anyone to do anything so all F|A can start jumping. 

Which brings me to your another comment :

Even more so before, for example - some members of the community have just been neglected and dismissed to "go on forums" by your admins, which doesn't really help the issue at first hand.

Dismissing it, only to have it be ignored or put off on forums, doesn't also look good.  I understand that ET shouldn't be a second job, i get it. Yet,  

Additionally muting, or even banning for way more time than necessary - i think it just makes it seem like an ego power trip. Some clan members had a bad reputation before because of this abuse. 

Yeah we always say that because if u keep complaining or saying stuff on servers its of no use. There are other players playing there who doesn't want to see all this in there chat. And its bad to behave or say kind of stuff to an admin in general chat. So we always say go to forums and post of forums. We as a Staff and above are always here. You can post the behavior of admin or use contact us . And from there we shall take care and if the admin is wrong he will be warned or punished etc depends on the situation and what happend.Before banning we see all the possible reason and issues etc , then we ban . 

I'm often confused at the way some members of the community treat each other, and how being ostracized can really hurt. 

I think that the sense of individuality in being a part of a community, especially online, where there's a power structure in place - that sense of individual freedom can be skewed. 

Honestly, I've personally seen high members of this community treat their own like shit. However, the worst part of this, i think its complacency, and silence around it.

Perhaps its lack of transparency because it becomes clan business, but sometimes it just is blatant disregard for feedback that is constructive criticism.

I’ve seen this before.  I'm sure some would agree and I have personally spoken to people that have been at the other side of this, and I frankly mean no bad intentions from it. 

Alot of times we do give shit to other admins and its all in fun, and yeah sometimes very rare it does happen and people get angry etc. Its a human nature , we all get angry sometimes , we all screw up . But as a community and family we always there for each other. Same like your own family or mine, if your brother gets mad at you and you both fight that doesnt mean u kick him out of the house or you stop talking to him forever. you sort out as he is family. Same goes here. If it goes out of hand there are staff+ or leaders and even DD comes in and handle the stuff. After all we are a Family and we dont want something like this.You see silence around it because we dont do all things in public . 

yeah there is a lack of transparency , it will be there and it has to be there. Everywhere in the world its like this . Even at your JOB u wont be access to see HR documents or CEO stuff because its not allowed to. Same goes here. We cant display everything on the forums or servers to everyone. 

Sure, the one thing at hand is keeping the community in check, but then its turning the other cheek as well when it's someone that is convenient for them to mess around with.

It isn't just admins and clan members, just in general everyone piling on certain people because they're "the bad guy, because <rumor>". 

To be really honest, I've said some shit to some FA members in the past, but only when it was needed (so you can call me a hypocrite there) - yet my role is very different here, as I don't have admin privileges.

We dont act on regulars or admins or anyone just cause there is a rumour going on or that we hate someone. Again we dont have a club where we are like oh we hate this guys lets all F|A attack him. Or we neglect an admin doing wrong just cause he is one of us. We treat everyone with same respect and fairness regardless of there level in the community. 

Edited by Mr.Karizmatic
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

44 minutes ago, zenith said:

Okay. 

You preach all of this, but do you even practice it? Let me know if you want me to elaborate because I will. But I dont know if I will be heard. 

Feel free to and if you have screenshots to back up your claims, even better. I'm sure you'll be heard.

• Haha 1
  • 100 2

54 minutes ago, zenith said:

Okay. 

You preach all of this, but do you even practice it? Let me know if you want me to elaborate because I will. But I dont know if I will be heard. 

Oh yeah i do and not just me but all the F|A admins, we are not perfect , some days we may not follow everything , everyone has a bad day. But all of us do follow. 

I would love to see the elaborate part of this .

Kevin Hart Stare GIF - KevinHart Stare Blink - Discover & Share GIFs | Kevin  hart gif, Kevin hart, Say what meme

• 100 3

1 minute ago, Mr.Karizmatic said:

Oh yeah i do and not just me but all the F|A admins, we are not perfect , some days we may not follow everything , everyone has a bad day. But all of us do follow. 

I would love to see the elaborate part of this .

Kevin Hart Stare GIF - KevinHart Stare Blink - Discover & Share GIFs | Kevin  hart gif, Kevin hart, Say what meme

I think I have replied in a nice manner. I dont need condescending gifs or words my dear. 

I wanted  to check something because many times, what you people preach and claim doesn't match your actions. There have been several times of hypocrisy - - and i do not say that in an attacking manner, im just pointing out the fact that what is preached, is not put into practice. I have seen it myself and from what i see in this posted topic, he points out the same thing. I think it is about reflection more than it is a personal attack to anybody in the clan. 

You are right, but you can't change the admins. It's too late. I mean so many of these admins are already high-ranking and they are the ones who decide in so many cases.

I personally just ignore it, because I can't do much about it. It happened a couple times and I moved on. The bad thing is that I just tried to help. So I try to talk with good admins if it's possible.

4 hours ago, Mr.Karizmatic said:

We as a Staff and above are always here. You can post the behavior of admin or use contact us .

What is your advice if someone got the same treatment on the forum? I experienced this with staff members too, and I wasn't even complaining, I was trying to help.

I can see that you are trying to help, but it doesn't help much if same things happen on the forum too.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, L3ftY. said:

And I am sure you can appreciate that if a member continually acts like a ****, they will be treated as such and eventually ostracized from the clan.

I don't want to name anyone, but at least one of these admins is still in the clan and considered a good admin.

I could appreciate it if it worked, but from my perspective it doesn't work at all or at least it's not that effective.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

5 minutes ago, ktg0000 said:

I don't want to name anyone, but at least one of these admins is still in the clan and considered a good admin.

I could appreciate it if it worked, but from my perspective it doesn't work at all or at least it's not that effective.

👌👌👌👌👌

31 minutes ago, ktg0000 said:

You are right, but you can't change the admins. It's too late. I mean so many of these admins are already high-ranking and they are the ones who decide in so many cases.

I personally just ignore it, because I can't do much about it. It happened a couple times and I moved on. The bad thing is that I just tried to help. So I try to talk with good admins if it's possible.

What is your advice if someone got the same treatment on the forum? I experienced this with staff members too, and I wasn't even complaining, I was trying to help.

I can see that you are trying to help, but it doesn't help much if same things happen on the forum too.

U can always PM me on forums with proof or show me the post where you were treated badly with the staff or any memeber or regular. U do understand why i or any member keep pressuring on proof proof, we just cant trust what you say or he say. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr.Karizmatic said:

U can always PM me on forums

So I need to ask someone else, that's not a good solution.

But what happens when you says I'm right and, for example, other 9 staff members say I'm wrong? If you are right in that situation, then your word is worth more, so you should be above others. If the other 9 admins are right, then no point telling you.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

9 minutes ago, ktg0000 said:

So I need to ask someone else, that's not a good solution.

But what happens when you says I'm right and, for example, other 9 staff members say I'm wrong? If you are right in that situation, then your word is worth more, so you should be above others. If the other 9 admins are right, then no point telling you.

So Staff+ always makes decisions as a group. We talk about the situation, give our opinion, and then try our best to make an unbiased vote about what to do. It's not perfect, but it's the best we can do as humans. Keep in mind that as humans, we are inherently biased, we all make mistakes, and we are a "pack" animal, we like groups and we stick up for those in our group, just as part of human nature. BUT- by dividing the responsibility, that allows us to keep our eyes on the situation as a whole, and make a conscious effort not to let bias, favoritism, etc. cloud our judgement.

I'm gonna just use myself as an example real quick. I have made two major mistakes lately that could have been harmful to people that were outside of the clan, and I have had two different leaders message me about them. And immediately, even though I could just close out the message, I could ignore what they had to say, etc. But instead, I listened, and I took the responsibility of making things right for the person that was impacted by my mistake.

So what would have happened if I had chose not to respond? I would've been demoted, no questions asked. We take allegations of admin abuse, power tripping, ego, whatever VERY seriously and we require a response (even if you can't see it) from the person/admin/staff+ member in question.

• Like 1
  • 100 2

5 minutes ago, Xernicus said:

So Staff+ always makes decisions as a group.

So if the good admins are in the minority, then they make bad decisions. And from my experience I would say the good admins are in the minority.

Let me use your example. :)

10 minutes ago, Xernicus said:

I have made two major mistakes lately that could have been harmful to people that were outside of the clan, and I have had two different leaders message me about them.

What if you didn't make any mistakes but the leaders message you about it as if you made a mistake? If you close, then you got demoted but if you try to meet their expectations, then you make a mistake.

• 100 1

9 minutes ago, ktg0000 said:

So if the good admins are in the minority, then they make bad decisions. And from my experience I would say the good admins are in the minority.

Let me use your example. :)

What if you didn't make any mistakes but the leaders message you about it as if you made a mistake? If you close, then you got demoted but if you try to meet their expectations, then you make a mistake.

we could also go round and round and waste everyone's time with different fk'd up scenarios, couldn't we

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 3

• tipsy locked this topic