ET Jay #2 FG42+Adrenaline

dasp

Hello,

I have spoken with @daredevil about this, but I feel it should be a open discussion.

The thing is, I know Jay2 is an Adrenaline server, but the combination  of FG42+Adrenaline is just too powerful compared to the other weapons. In the hands of a very good player it's a disaster in my opinion.

I have seen lately many server regulars and admins grown increasingly frustrated with this situations. I have seen also quite a few people leave the game or the server because of that.

My question is (suggested by @CaRaNo), is there a way we can limit Adrenaline together with FG42 in a way that you only get one shot of Adrenaline per life while using the FG42?

I know some people will disagree and get upset at this topic, but I also know many people frustrated with this.

Edited by dasp
  • Like 1
  • 100 4

1. What makes the FG42 so powerful on FA2 in the first place ? It doesn't feel that powerful on jay1.

2. Is there a way to reduce the damage reduction of adrenaline ? Because that's the real problem on this server in my opinion, it doesn't really matter if it's a fg42 or an mp40. It's just way too much.

• Like 4
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP

1 hour ago, daredevil said:

Whatever mentioned in PDF - we can tweak. 

https://fearless-assassins.com/jaymod.pdf

Rest custom code. 

g_covertopsChargeTime would be a viable option. Nerfing that slightly would be very similar to only being able to use syringe once per life (realistically), although it should not be nerfed by a lot because they do need their stachel charge and perhaps smoke grenades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As Lista suggested, there is alot of adren abuse on jay2, yes I know its an adrealine server, but some ppl just boost after boost, even hiding till recharge and off they go again, some wont even go into a firefight without it - it does frustrate a few players and when a decent player acts like this, it does have a tendency to make ppl leave or go spec

I guess thats the way its always been - but, it does have an effect on server 10v10 can soon go to 5v5

The fg42 does seem more acurate or something on Jay2 with little or no spread 40+acc is easily achieved even at distance, more so at closer range

Just me venting off, but glad to have my say😇

By the way, no offence meant to anyone who think they fall into this catagory

It is what it is

Edited by CaRaNo
edit
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

5 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Why Not just remove adren on all Servers?  That would fix a lot of probs

That's quite a radical change, which to be honest - I would be totally okay with. Adrenaline is a stupid mechanic (imo) to begin with. And if it has to stay, I think NQ server has a great approach to this - only one shot of adrenaline per life and only engineer can access it. I believe it was supposed to help engineers perform their job under fire, but it's honestly refreshing to not see everyone running on adre as it is on jay sometimes.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

18 minutes ago, ChaOs said:

40 Acc+ on distance? That's a fairy tale. And you know, that I know that gun very well.

I tried it and it depends on the player, I got a 42 acc

Personally the problem is adren, use the weapon you use

31 minutes ago, ChaOs said:

FG42 is a good way to break an army of medics stitching together.

You're right :)

• Like 2
  • 100 1

4 minutes ago, Jiren said:

I tried it and it depends on the player, I got a 42 acc

On distance? Surely not. What you mean depents on player tf. When you test it with two persons that stand not moving, there's no way of 42 outside of "lucky hits".

I testet is also with not moving  and a distance reference of GOLDRUSH from "the 2nd truck barrier" to "the stairs at axis spawn"( ... its about only 15 meters) - years ago. Average was 27percent (firing 6 full magazines) with hard holding the recoil in check. The rest of the bullets were hitting the rest of the universe.

13 minutes ago, Jiren said:

Personally the problem is adren, use the weapon you use

You call it problem, I call it solution. - In aspect of the medic problems.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, ChaOs said:

Another point, when FG42 should be "weaker" even if the 20 shoots let you VERY often die on reload, the MED-packs of medics should also decrease from +20 to +8,

That's NOT what I see when guys like Lorthae are playing. What I see is him cleaning out the whole opponent team with the FG42+Adren.

Med packs don't require skills, doesn't matter if you are a good player or a bad player, doesn't give you the same advantage that FG42+Adren gives.

FG42+Adren on the hands of a skilled player is just too powerful compared to other weapons together with Adren.

I would like it if this was a healthy discussion, no need to start attacking each other.

Edited by dasp
  • Like 1
  • 100 2

I think it all depends on the player….seen others suck with the fg42....and lorthae knows his fg42....same like  Xiahou Dun and Pharaoh know there shotgun

the problem is just dren ...but to take dren away from jay2...dont know how peeps will react???

yesterday ive seen someone kill a whole team with mp40 and dren...it depends on the player ...and what his skill is

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 2

We have many players in Jay2 addicted to adrenaline, that's why they play there, if someone does not like adrenaline, they can play in Jay1 for example,
My 2 cents...

• Like 4
  • 100 1

4 minutes ago, Crazyshot said:

We have many players in Jay2 addicted to adrenaline, that's why they play there, if someone does not like adrenaline, they can play in Jay1 for example,
My 2 cents...

Actually that's exactly what I have been doing. We have been working on the new etpro server, but it's not yet ready. In the mean time I play either on the silent servers or outside of FA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dasp said:

That's NOT what I see when guys like Lorthae are playing. What I see is him cleaning out the whole opponent team with the FG42+Adren.

Maybe this looks a little "subjective" because this happens -sometimes-. This is why Lorthae is a genius FG42 and movement-handler. This is no reason to weaken the FG42, because a player is "too good".

1 hour ago, dasp said:

Med packs don't require skills, doesn't matter if you are a good player or a bad player, doesn't give you the same advantage that FG42+Adren gives.

This ? What? The reason why MED-Packs are okay is "they need no skills" ? O_o'

I thought a game like this benefits "skills" ... uhm? Or am I landed on a wrong planet now?

1 hour ago, dasp said:

FG42+Adren on the hands of a skilled player is just too powerful compared to other weapons together with Adren.

Same again when skill makes a waepon good, manipulate that waepon until it is not good?

1 hour ago, dasp said:

I would like it if this was a healthy discussion, no need to start attacking each other.

Sorry but I am reacting sensitive on "secretly bullying" between the lines. In that case Jiren could have said you are just a noob. This would be more directly and more open.

1 hour ago, Crazyshot said:

My 2 cents...

Absolutely agreed.

There are enough FA servers to play without dren.

No reason to take the fun from players wich like dren.

• Like 2