ET Jay #2 FG42+Adrenaline

dasp

9 minutes ago, ElEl said:

This is a stupidly overpowered weapon.

54 accuracy overall, 2:1 headshot ratio. Fragger by a very large margin in 2/3rds of the time. This weapon takes no skill at all to use which is the reason this topic exists.

Cheep already said, that u are not the average.

And I know your play style and maybe how you got a 54 acc.

Do you have the demo for me?

I also made the "example" of medics and covs not on myself.

This would have destroyed the compare-able stats.

I played for 10 min with FG42 and from my point of view it is clearly overpowered. 

I got a 2:1 hs ratio and I was barely making any effort.

Generally speaking you shouldn't be getting a 50% accuracy throughout an entire map from a weapon that is typically for close range.

We all know this weapon basically sprays bullets so you shouldn't be getting the sort of accuracy stats you normally get from a Sten . 

It's just too easy to get kills with FG42 and this is obviously aggravated by the fact that adrenaline gets completely replenished at respawn. 

• Like 2
  • 100 2

This is tireding.... Again ... maybe the 5th time ....

When this weapon is overpowered, why "PROs" don't use them. They should know what "good" is.

I just hear "opinions" in that point, but no explanation for that.

Just a little parabel:

I play MTG (it's a card game) and EVERYTIME when a new edition with new cards is printed

some cards become the label from people with "opinions" 'this is absolutely overpowered, busted, and tons of those phrases' and in the end, the most cards DO NOT appear on any TOP-8 list.

When sth. is good or overpowered it is used mostly. That is what the humans do.

Taking out the cherries from the cake. If FG42 would be a cherry, it would be the most taken weapon.

And is it? No. By far not.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChaOs said:

This is tireding.... Again ... maybe the 5th time ....

When this weapon is overpowered, why "PROs" don't use them. They should know what "good" is.

I just hear "opinions" in that point, but no explanation for that.

I personally don't like using it because of how broken it is. It's just not challenging or fun when it's so easy.

You think this is tiring for you? We've been trying to explain the same point to you over and over about it being overpowered but you're not understanding it. Even a [dd] is using the FG42 lmfao.

22 minutes ago, ChaOs said:

Cheep already said, that u are not the average.

Then maybe you should trust what I have to say regarding the difficulty of weapons and consider that maybe I know the difference between an overpowered weapon and a regular one.

Myself, Avagantamos, Dasp and Phantom have said the same thing in the past 2 hours regarding the FG42.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

To be fair though you are better than 99% of the players on Jay2 and don't represent the average player there. :P 

Meh, He’s OK I guess…😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ElEl said:

I personally don't like using it because of how broken it is. It's just not challenging or fun when it's so easy.

Okay, then you are a player, that doesn't use a weapon, because it is too overpowered for you. And the rest of the world decided the same. (This is the first point <--)

3 minutes ago, ElEl said:

You think this is tiring for you? We've been trying to explain the same point to you over and over about it being overpowered but you're not understanding it. Even a [dd] is using the FG42 lmfao.

I just improved, that most of the points you are not right. This obviously means "i do not understand you"

And when I have 10 points in a post, you just pick up 2-3 that is easy for you to answer and rip it off the context. This is tireding.

6 minutes ago, ElEl said:

Then maybe you should trust what I have to say regarding the difficulty of weapons and consider that maybe I know the difference between an overpowered weapon and a regular one.

If my english would be better, I could answer this perfectly. In germany we would say, you're comparing apples with pears. Means likewise: When you are good at shooting, you don't have to have an objective sight. Or sth like that. (Just look at the first point)

10 minutes ago, ElEl said:

Myself, Avagantamos, Dasp and Phantom have said the same thing in the past 2 hours regarding the FG42.

Yes and 4 or more people are convinced that the climate change isn't made by human. 

I am sure that I find 4 people that say medics are overpowered.

• 100 1

@ChaOs I find it extremely interesting that you point out people so called "attitudes" while being so passive-aggresive. Even more so, you are a member of FA, not some random guy on the forum.

This topic is about FG42 + adrenaline. Anytime someone makes a remark about it, you take it so personally, like they are trying to make your life harder on purpose. And that's not what it is. It's a discussion about a combination of a VERY POWERFUL WEAPON (this is not an opinion) and adrenaline, a game breaking mechanic (THIS is an opinion), which is what jay2 is known for. No need to get personal, we want to share our opinions, not harass anyone.

Your point about adrenaline helping engineers... in what world? If engi uses his full charge on adrenaline, what he's going to do? Nothing a medic or any other class couldn't. So I can't see how using adrenaline on engineer is going to help with anything objective-related. Unless you talk about shooting enemies and surviving gunfights to go inside the objective, which again, shouldnt be engi job.

Back to topic at hand - the big question for me is: Is it the FG42 or adrenaline? One must be the reason for this discussion after all.

@ElEl thanks for pointing out that you get your charge bar refilled upon respawn. That makes my whole point about limiting adrenaline to 1 per life utterly pointless, and I did not know that is the case on Jay2. Also, I stand by the "too overpowered to play" - you are not alone in this :D

Edited by Xiahou Dun
adding something I forgot
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 4

Chaos, you must have noticed before that taking shots from an FG42 feels like being hit by one massive powerful punch.

Especially at close range. And anyone playing with this weapon can be fairly vague with their aiming you don't need to be too precise to get the headshots.

It's very overpowered. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xiahou Dun said:

Back to topic at hand - the big question for me is: Is it the FG42 or adrenaline? One must be the reason for this discussion after all.

My main problem with this whole situation is the Adrenaline together with FG42, just FG42 I have no problem. Even tho is a very powerful weapon.

Edited by dasp
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

1 minute ago, dasp said:

My main problem with this whole situation is the Adrenaline together with FG42, just FG42 I have not problem. Even tho is a very powerful weapon.

Yes that's correct it's the combination of both. I'd suggest adopting Beg2 adrenaline dynamics in which you don't get full adre at respawn. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dasp said:

My main problem with this whole situation is the Adrenaline together with FG42, just FG42 I have not problem. Even tho is a very powerful weapon.

So if that is the case indeed - the potential solution becomes very problematic. It's been already established, that limiting adrenaline per life is not the way to go. Decreasing charge rate for covert ops doesnt work well either, from what I've seen, and also it puts down objective-oriented covie players. So instead of tweaking adrenaline and charge times, FG42 itself should be affected. Limiting its ammo, rate of fire, recoils whatever goes. Again, as a NQ1 regular player, I am a bit biased, but I think FG42 is in a good place there. It shoots crazy fast, which enables you to take down enemy player in 1-2 seconds, but the downside of this RoF is the recoil.

I am genuinely interested where this topic goes.

• Like 2

I think that tweaking things like the rate of fire and recoil of the FG42 isn't an option unfortunately :(.

2 hours ago, ChaOs said:

Can you improve that?

I am just asking because the bullets of that weapon are moving like that:

spacer.png

i went on jay2 and tried to do as much long range / mid range shooting as possible. just straight action with as much adrenaline as possible to illustrate how op this is.

the beginning sucks but it gets better once the tank has passed the 2nd bridge. below is a link with the full demo (30 mins) on riverport.

https://easyupload.io/azg26e

in the end i had an acc of ~ 43% with close + long range and slacking at the beginning combined.

Edited by Avagantamos
  • Thanks 1