Etkey missing

EyeofHorus

This is probably a stretch, but it might be in AppData->Local->Punkbuster->ET->etmain

You can get in the appdata folder by typing %appdata% in the windows explorer url bar

edit: typing %appdata% takes me to appdata/roaming, so make sure to go up a folder first.

Edited by Broham
  • Like 3

Could be, either depend on some installation but it worth a try.

Then I suggest to use a path like that :

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Punkbuster\ET\etmain

Where yourusername is the Windows user that you have.

• Like 2

I never downloaded a etkey file into NQ ... i dont even know what the heck that pk3 file is o.O
but maybe there is a solution .
I followed the suggestion of someone who told me to look into a completely different path and i found there 2 files. The etkey and etkey.backup

• Leader
8 minutes ago, EyeofHorus said:

The only file that have name etkey is this .pk3 file ( i think pk3s are map files ) that is inside NQ folder 

20200418_185601-min.jpg

can you send me that zz_etkey…. in private message. I want to check something

• Like 1

Yes guys, it was that path that i used and found the etkey as also the etkey.backup :)
Sorry but i am receiving the messages with some delay .
It seems they are there :)

Once the file is there , is it sure that it is my actual etkey ? or it may be not , may it be an old etkey  ?

4 minutes ago, EyeofHorus said:

Yes guys, it was that path that i used and found the etkey as also the etkey.backup :)
Sorry but i am receiving the messages with some delay .
It seems they are there :)

Once the file is there , is it sure that it is my actual etkey ? or it may be not , may it be an old etkey  ?

I'm 99 percent sure that's your actual etkey. Make sure to back it up somewhere safe!

• Like 1
  • 100 1

1 minute ago, Broham said:

I'm 99 percent sure that's your actual etkey. Make sure to back it up somewhere safe!

Yep, what he/she said

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

Just now, Broham said:

i already did the backup ...

@Broham and @Old Owl , you were right, the file was there .
Thank you all alot for the help . If this isnt the file, there is not any other chance ...
Thank you all who cared and tried to help me  :)

• Like 4
  • 100 1

11 hours ago, bLade. said:

If nothing else works, try dumping your GUID into your ETMain folder. Solved the issue for me.

@blade , it seems it is solved. But how did you put your guid on your ETMain folder ?

Edited by EyeofHorus

20 hours ago, Broham said:

This is probably a stretch, but it might be in AppData->Local->Punkbuster->ET->etmain

You can get in the appdata folder by typing %appdata% in the windows explorer url bar

edit: typing %appdata% takes me to appdata/roaming, so make sure to go up a folder first.

iwas thinknig this also ...

• Leader

I seem to recall some players reporting a similar weirdness with their etkey files in the 'old days'.   

I had never had that problem on XP, Vista, Win7 or Win10, BUT every ET 'installation' of mine was actually copied from the original XP-installation.  They had not gone through the normal installation processes on my later Operating Systems on three different machines. 

• 100 1