Etkey missing

EyeofHorus

• Leader
13 hours ago, EyeofHorus said:

attachement a photo

It looks like the earliest file-date in that pic is September, 2019, from what can be seen.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Broham said:

EyE is currently on jay1, and has about 200k XP. I'm thinking he might have two ET folders and is checking the wrong one.

Its the only thing that makes sense at this point. :D 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

FA has a few ET servers with "recruiting" in the name, they have jaymod and silent mod ones, jaymod uses ETKey but silent mod uses silent.dat to save your XP and lvl..... whats the server IP/Name of where you play?

https://fearless-assassins.com/servers/

I usually play more at Jaymod

34 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

Its the only thing that makes sense at this point. :D 

Thats impossible and i tell you how i checked . I went to the icon of ET where i click when enter game, right clicked and choosed " go to folder where app starts " ( something like that, sorry but i dont know how it says in english )

Then i check at etmain folder ...

Edited by EyeofHorus
bad written

47 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

It looks like the earliest file-date in that pic is September, 2019, from what can be seen.

Probably when i re-installed the game, as i had some problems and i was helped here at forum with the files to reinstall it .

2 minutes ago, EyeofHorus said:

This is really strange :(

Isnt there any chance of creating an etkey and keep the xp that i have at the moment ?

I'm afraid not :(

Have you tried searching for "etkey" on the entire harddrive where the game is installed? (I tried searching whole pc for mine, and it didn't find one, but when I narrowed it to the harddrive my game is on, it found one)

edit: I remember in the past the server owner/root access guy could add your old xp to your new etkey, so maybe if you send some cookies its possible

Edited by Broham
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Broham said:

I'm afraid not :(

Have you tried searching for "etkey" on the entire harddrive where the game is installed? (I tried searching whole pc for mine, and it didn't find one, but when I narrowed it to the harddrive my game is on, it found one)

Yes, i did . The only ones i find are the ones i had saved before ... created in 2008 and 2009 :(

4 minutes ago, EyeofHorus said:

This is really strange :(

Isnt there any chance of creating an etkey and keep the xp that i have at the moment ?

XP and lvl are linked to your GUID which is unique and basically written to your ETKey file, but if your able to go to a server and have saved XP and level then you obviously have an ETKey somewhere, its a very strange situation.  :D

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

2 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

XP and lvl are linked to your GUID which is unique and basically written to your ETKey file, but if your able to go to a server and have saved XP and level then you obviously have an ETKey somewhere, its a very strange situation.  :D

i searched in all folders and cant find anything

It means that you played in a server based on ETlegacy

BTW Why you dont install a new etkey file in your etmain folder?

As Siwexx said, go to etkey.org and generate a new etkey for your installation

Edited by Old Owl
  • Like 1