Etkey missing

EyeofHorus

@RedBairdI never had that issue before , and i dont know why it happened now ( last time i reinstalled the game ) .
I even have etkeys from 2008 and they all were taken from the etmain folder .

Edited by EyeofHorus

Maybe it is punkbuster that is pointing to that directory.

Consider that not only ET use Punkbuster as anti cheat tool, maybe another game installation and the new way to handle the user profile informations with windows 7 and sequels, did the mess.

Without take a look on your system, in particular about punkbuster and ET installation, it is hard to give you an explanation with a guess.

What's important is that you have solved the problem. I think you did, right? 🙂

11 hours ago, Old Owl said:

Maybe it is punkbuster that is pointing to that directory.

Consider that not only ET use Punkbuster as anti cheat tool, maybe another game installation and the new way to handle the user profile informations with windows 7 and sequels, did the mess.

Without take a look on your system, in particular about punkbuster and ET installation, it is hard to give you an explanation with a guess.

What's important is that you have solved the problem. I think you did, right? 🙂

Yes, the important is that this question is solved . I made a copy of the files so i am happy with it :)
Again , thx for the help :)

• 100 1

• 3 years later...

Just use new etkey, update it in your profile and Ask some1  on discord to set your lvls 👍

Edited by Siwex89
  • Like 1

• Leader
17 minutes ago, 4FuN said:

Hello guys, I am trying to install ET again, however, couldn't solve this ETkey issue.

10 minutes ago, Siwex89 said:

Just use new etkey, update it in your profile and Ask some1  on discord to set your lvls 👍

His fa-tagged name shows up on TBS over 180 days ago, so he has lost all XP anyway :) 

@4FuN If you have kept a copy of the etkey file (from etmain folder) somewhere, then you can reinstall ET and just put the file into etmain again.

If you join NQ#1 without an etkey, the server should download another one for you.  

• Like 1