Etkey missing

EyeofHorus

Hello, i wanted to make a new copy of etkey and for my surprise, when i went into the etmain folder, i can´t find it . I looked over and over but it is not there .
I even used the search bar to search the file there but it isnt there .
Is there any chance, any way of generating that file keeping the xp that i have now on Recruiting server?

I talked some minutes ago with RedBaird ( to who i thank the time he spent trying to help me ) about this and he advised me to post this question here .
Thank you in advance,

EyE

• Leader

He does show a W:ET in his !finger-info and does have XP saved from a prior session, and has a level 1 on that guid.  

I tried to help him find the etkey file in his ETmain, but he says that he could not find it.  He would like to save a copy of it, as should we all. :D 

He thinks that he is using Windows 7.

• Like 1

I checked the windows version is Windows 7 , the same old computer where i play ET for years .

I had the etkey before . I add in attachement a photo of my files from " e " letter on my etmain folder .

20200418_034635-min (1).jpg

• Leader

Have you checked in your recycle bin? maybe delete by mistake?

Or a big maybe, try this to show hidden files

Start button > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.

Folder Options > select the View tab.

Advanced settings > select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

Then go back to your etmain folder and see if you can see it. I really dount it will help you but you have nothing to lose to try it

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Also might sound a bit funny or odd but are you sure that is your active and actual working ET install? I'm only asking as i have a few ET folders from over the years and have been caught out checking for things in the wrong installs.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

Have you checked in your recycle bin? maybe delete by mistake?

Or a big maybe, try this to show hidden files

Start button > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.

Folder Options > select the View tab.

Advanced settings > select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

Then go back to your etmain folder and see if you can see it. I really dount it will help you but you have nothing to lose to try it

Rambozo, thank you for your reply.
Unfortunatelly none of those were the answer to this problem :(
But thank you for caring and trying to help .

9 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Also might sound a bit funny or odd but are you sure that is your active and actual working ET install? I'm only asking as i have a few ET folders from over the years and have been caught out checking for things in the wrong installs.

Yes Snuffs, i am sure about that .

Thank you for trying to help .

50 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

doesnt et generate a key when u dl mod and join server.is there a profile folder in etmain.

Captnconcrete, yes there is a folder named Profiles but it dont have any etkey inside. It used to be on etmain folder :(

14 hours ago, EyeofHorus said:

Is there any chance, any way of generating that file keeping the xp that i have now on Recruiting server?

Are you playing silent recruiting server??

If so then you wont have an etkey as silent uses silent.dat which will be in your silent folder??? Save that and good to go.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

Errr captn might be on to the issue as is that not silent mod???

If so then you wont have an etkey as silent uses silent.dat which will be in your silent folder??? Save that and good to go.

I dont really understand what you mean Snuffs . The server where i usually play is Recruiting server. Sometimes i play on others but the on ei play more is Recruiting server .

Just now, EyeofHorus said:

I dont really understand what you mean Snuffs . The server where i usually play is Recruiting server. Sometimes i play on others but the on ei play more is Recruiting server .

FA has a few ET servers with "recruiting" in the name, they have jaymod and silent mod ones, jaymod uses ETKey but silent mod uses silent.dat to save your XP and lvl..... whats the server IP/Name of where you play?

https://fearless-assassins.com/servers/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

EDIT* my bad

@EyeofHorus

When you log in server do you still have your XP and everything?

I assumed so, be funny if not, lol

14 hours ago, RedBaird said:

He does show a W:ET in his !finger-info and does have XP saved from a prior session, and has a level 1 on that guid.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1