Windows Ultra Budget Build (Upgradable)

Achilles90

wasn't really referring to sdram but I did put that out there like that typical me meant everything else

should really go to bed at night instead of speaking my mind

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, DoubleDragon said:

wasn't really referring to sdram but I did put that out there like that typical me meant everything else

should really go to bed at night instead of speaking my mind

Now I'm even more confused. xD All good though, I can relate to lack of sleep.
But if you or anyone else wants to chat about standards, cross-compatibility, ECC buffers, or other highly technical aspects to PC platforms, I'm down for it. Let's just do it in a new topic since it doesn't really relate to someone building a new PC in the near future.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, DoubleDragon said:

If your still confused then your shouldn't be offering opinions

You specifically mentioned DRAM. I quoted it. And then you tell me you're not referring to DRAM? So what exactly are you talking about then?
"Everything else" is beyond vague.

5 hours ago, DoubleDragon said:

If your still confused then your shouldn't be offering opinions

that not nice mate  he is asking for  help everyone  opinion is welcome 

5 hours ago, Xernicus said:

You specifically mentioned DRAM. I quoted it. And then you tell me you're not referring to DRAM? So what exactly are you talking about then?
"Everything else" is beyond vague.

come on guys this is a help me  topic not a  topic to fight in 

There are alltime new  components … 

but he ist starting in lower price range. We can start a discussion about DDR 5, NVme, PCI-E, Videocards aso. But then he has to double or triple his Budget. 

On 7/31/2019 at 8:48 PM, Mufasa said:

CPU: I'm a few years out of date. There might be a better deal, so I won't comment on that. What I can tell you: your gut is right, the extra cores aren't worth the money for cat videos and ET. The only time you'd want a bunch of cores is if you're editing videos professionaly or doing AutoCAD or something.

Motherboard: I would change the motherboard you picked to an mATX mobo. You don't need a premium one with a ton of features, you just need something to hold your RAM. I added one that looks like it has good reviews and is still $50 cheaper than the ATX motherboard that you listed.

RAM: I changed it to something a bit cheaper with similar specs. Slightly better CAS timings, same frequency, $10 cheaper (at the moment).

HDD: I'm guessing you're just reusing the hard drive from the laptop? If so, this is fine. If not, lmk and I'll give you a better recommendation. Because yes, the SSD is 100% worth it.

GPU: Reusing again, I'm guessing? It'll play ET and cat videos.

Case: It's a case. The stuff you have fits in it. Good to go.

PSU: Buy something new. There's a SeaSonic PSU on sale right now for $59.99 with a $20 mail-in rebate. Fully modular. It's worth it, do it.

Here's a PC Part Picker list with the changes I made: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6kq3V6

Lol, genius

Ordered.

All in one box from new egg

I read a review this week that said

It's RAM. It's fast RAM. I needed fast RAM.

Made me laugh

That's mostly the depth of my thought process here

On 8/2/2019 at 4:55 AM, Xernicus said:

Personally, I think now's the perfect time to build a PC. There's always something new coming out... ... If people were to wait every year for something new, they'd never get a new PC.

I'm building a modest work station

Maybe I'll edit my cat videos

My highest aspiration MAYBE would be to run minecraft someday

But I do have a PS4 for that

The ultratechnical direction this conversation has gone is quite fascinating.

I seem to know enough to decide what affects me and be okay with what I don't understand XD

I am in complete agreement. New stuff is coming and always will

I'm just hoping that if DDR5 is kick ass and makes DDR4 obsolete:

I can buy up a bunch more DDR4 for cheap! XD

Maybe not, but I am hopeful.

The same goes for any other part

On 8/2/2019 at 4:55 AM, Xernicus said:

that's one nice thing about AM4, you can pretty much slap any AM4 processor into it (2017-2021)

I remember when I thought "what would I need double digit ram for?"

Now I'm wondering if I should build for 100+ GB of ram? XD

Exciting times

A bazillian thanks to @Mufasa

He found a ton of sales and discounts 

I was in the right place at the right time to catch them all

Please tell me where to send the beers, or other nonalcoholic beverages

I think I bought something at 2 am with minutes left on the discount

That being said, I ran out of time to hunt a monitor in the same box

Maybe someone wants to recommend one?

I admittedly know nothing. I kind of stopped paying attention when 4k came out.

I started to read about one this morning and realized I have never heard of a DVI port 😕

Idk if I even have one...

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/

Edited by Achilles90

@Smoky NVME won´t triple the budget, there´s like 10-20$ diff in Crucial MX 500 and Adata XPG 8200(the older NON PRO model is fine also, I think it performed even better than newer one in benches):

https://www.newegg.com/xpg-sx8200-960gb/p/0D9-0017-000C4

Crucial MX 500: https://www.newegg.com/crucial-mx500-1tb/p/N82E16820156174?Description=crucial mx500 &cm_re=crucial_mx500-_-20-156-174-_-Product

For ULTRA-budget I would even consider: https://www.techspot.com/review/1878-amd-ryzen-3400g/ *notice the iGPU and dGPU performance.

You´d get modern performance 4c\8t CPU with a integrated GPU, which can play any modern games@1080p on LOW settings.(depends on which GPU OP already has)

I´d leave Asrock out, as I´ve heard Asrock is really lazy by updating BIOS. MSI is coming out with MAX series, which should solve the BIOS problem, where you couldn´t "play" all the latest CPU-s from the AMD lineup. I´ve seen people and reviewers using MSI and talking down to Gigabutt. So who knows...

Some 16 GB 3000\3200Mhz DDR4, for an APU like r5 3400G you´d want the best. For ordinary CPU like 2600x doesn´t really matter, 2666-3200Mhz, on low GPU the difference is really marginal. So better save the money. 2133-2400Mhz is really gimping.

So that would be: 530.- = 150.- CPU + 110.- mobo + ~100 NVME SSD + and 90.- for 16GB of RAM + 80.- PSU

RAM(https://www.newegg.com/corsair-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820233859?Description=corsair 16gb lpx&cm_re=corsair_16gb_lpx-_-20-233-859-_-Product)

PSU(https://www.newegg.com/corsair-cx-series-cx650m-650w/p/N82E16817139148?Description=corsair cx650m w&cm_re=corsair_cx650m_w-_-17-139-148-_-Product)

@Vanaraud

i understand me wrong. Not only NVme only will double or triple Budget the whole… x3600+mainboard+ Ram (DDR4 and discussions about DDR5) aso. 

Afaik the mx500 is a little bit slow on NVme 500Mb/s vs ca 2000 at Samsung 970 evo. If you wanna buy NVme at Crucial then buy P1. 

Edited by Smoky

sorry bud didnt see the notification for you @'ing me.

Did you order your parts yet? for a $500 USD budget you can easily get more performance. Mobile i7s on laptops are fairly neutered, and the intel onboard graphics are a joke, so any old midrange graphics card will run laps around it.

The PC part picker looked decent, if it were me for storage drives I would sneak a SSD in there as the boot drive, in combination with or in-lieu of the 1tb HDD. In SSDs M.2 NVMe drives are much faster than SATA in benchmarks but day to day use with your usage scenario you'll likely never see a difference, either platform smokes a typical HDD.