Anyone else have some autoexec settings not working after Windows 10 update?

Beeshbum

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, daredevil said:

Mine just showed up fine. I was checking last night for updates - it popped in. If it doesn't show for you - don't do it. I don't see anything special besides they said performance boost which I didn't noticed any. 

Note - I don't use Light theme and other updates - I hardly use them often to notice any ground breaking stuff. 

I watched the video a few days ago. There's actually a lot of new  things in this release

57 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

Haha Gengis mentioned 500GB

....although tbh i cant believe i even thought for as long as i did that it was 500GB, course its not lol, think i got giddy so went with it, oh well there goes the evo 970....DOH!

It was a joke.

DD mentioned he had to upgrade to a 750 GB SSD to install  release 1903. So 750 minus 250 gave me 500.

ROFL

Gengis

Edited by Gengis

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I watched the video a few days ago. There's actually a lot of new  things in this release

Something which you will use? Examples, please? The reason I am asking is because may be i am missing something. Can you please share link to that video? 

Windows Sandbox is a nice feature. Also nice not to have bogus web results come up when I use the search on the Start menu. More control over Windows updates, and easier rollback of those that are fubar.
Improved RAW file support too, if u use windows photo viewer. I had to stop using it cuz it was freezing all the time.

These are just the ones off the top of my head. Interestingly, I didn't lose any space for future upgrades though I was expecting to. Had about 44.3gigs free on my boot drive when I upgraded-- have 44.1gigs free now.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Xernicus said:

Had about 44.3gigs free on my boot drive when I upgraded-- have 44.1gigs free now.

wait u didn't loose space at all? 

40 minutes ago, daredevil said:

wait u didn't loose space at all? 

Nothing aside from Windows.old (rollback) directory that I erased using disk cleanup once I made sure all was working well. Here are my Windows and upgrade folders if you want to compare sizes:
win10folders.thumb.JPG.9524fd572f55441626399dea7cb99a41.JPG

• Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, daredevil said:

Something which you will use? Examples, please? The reason I am asking is because may be i am missing something. Can you please share link to that video? 

I don't know how much I'll consciously use, but there's a lot of streamlining, graphic and under the hood changes that I don't see as a bad thing, either. Separating Search from Cortana, which I never use, is a good thing, for sure

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Thanks 1

It looks more like just security updates for driver and apps previously installed before 1903. It does state the rollback on this version is easier from the way they put it makes it sound like there is known issues.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/whats-new-windows-10-version-1903

If you suspect your system installed the wrong version of any drivers x86 or x64 you can look here to make sure do mind it is all the updates that a present for all devices 514 pages worth

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=1903

but most are just security updates 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think my wifi drivers are fucked - i loose connection every few minutes... I re-installed GPU drivers cos it kept on crashing when under load. I think, I will do same for wifi and fix this old POS. 

PS Time to look into new laptops. Time to retire 6 year old laptop. Was my work horse, but i need more then 8GB RAM now. Even fking lightroom whines for less RAM. 

Im using the one from MediaTek and removed the one that came with the system update for build 17763 (1809) by default is a native driver built with the update it gave me issues to

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=ralink+wireless+g+pci

Originally made for windows 95 it's still a universal driver for windows you can control the wifi driver more efficiently it's more or less a USB driver

The only limitation it has is the max receiving rate is 150mbps

It works on Acer laptops and Dell laptops I do know that and I have this on a desktop with a Ideaworks usb wifi extender and still get 90mpbs at 200 feet see no difference then Ethernet cable

• Administrators
1 minute ago, DoubleDragon said:

The only limitation it has is the max receiving rate is 150mbps

Mine is N series card so i even if i get 100Mbps I would be happy :D 

• Like 1

Well if your drivers are fooked dare I'm assuming this new update will fook my zboard fang, its a legacy device which windows 10 no longer support and every major update seems to block unsigned drivers and my fang stops working till i rename all the needed drivers and then i have to force windows to use unsigned drivers.....arggghh, I'll back them up now before i forget and wonder why my fang isn't working when it finally gives me the 1903 update....pain in my arse these larger updates.

Edited by Snuffs99