Anyone else have some autoexec settings not working after Windows 10 update?

Beeshbum

On 6/17/2019 at 7:51 AM, daredevil said:

I think my wifi drivers are f***ed - i loose connection every few minutes... I re-installed GPU drivers cos it kept on crashing when under load. I think, I will do same for wifi and fix this old POS. 

PS Time to look into new laptops. Time to retire 6 year old laptop. Was my work horse, but i need more then 8GB RAM now. Even fking lightroom whines for less RAM. 

Hmm... I had GPU issues with 1809, but none with 1903. Try DDU first- make sure to set Windows Update not to automatically install drivers.. If that does not fix the problem, try this:

Check Windows Integrity: sfc /scannow
If all is good:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Should be successful. If there is an error, hit me up. 

Reinstall driver.
If you still have issues, do an in-place upgrade. (Make USB media using Windows 10 Media Creation tool and run setup while in Windows).

Wi-FI driver should be as simple as downloading from manufacturer's website, disconnecting from internet, uninstalling using Device Manager - then - running uninstallation tool in the driver setup directory. Reboot, install manufacturer driver, reboot again, try to connect.
PS: 8gb RAM got screwed by the Spectre/Meltdown fixes. InSpectre by GRC used to work, but not with 1903. You will need Registry patch. Check steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4072698/windows-server-speculative-execution-side-channel-vulnerabilities-prot

EDIT: Looks like GPU issue got solved? Now it's just Wi-Fi? If so, then disregard this post. :)

Edited by Xernicus
"if it fails" -> "if you still have issues" + EDIT

On 6/17/2019 at 10:12 AM, Snuffs99 said:

Well if your drivers are fooked dare I'm assuming this new update will fook my zboard fang, its a legacy device which windows 10 no longer support and every major update seems to block unsigned drivers and my fang stops working till i rename all the needed drivers and then i have to force windows to use unsigned drivers.....arggghh, I'll back them up now before i forget and wonder why my fang isn't working when it finally gives me the 1903 update....pain in my arse these larger updates.

Making new post so there's no confusion. Feel free to give more details or hit me up in PM. I can help with unsigned drivers (as long as I can prove you are actually using zboard fang and not using pirated software with spoofed device ID).
Windows 10 v1903 has been more stable for me than the past years worth of releases, so I want everybody to have the same experience.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Xernicus said:

Making new post so there's no confusion. Feel free to give more details or hit me up in PM. I can help with unsigned drivers (as long as I can prove you are actually using zboard fang and not using pirated software with spoofed device ID).
Windows 10 v1903 has been more stable for me than the past years worth of releases, so I want everybody to have the same experience.

Thanks for the offer of help mate but i've had to do the process a few times now with windows 10.

Soooo in a nutshell. to get my fang working with windows 10.........

Had to install zengine and then rename all the Alpham files (.inf and .sys mainly) to fang (so fang1.sys, fang2.sys, fang12.sys etc),

delete the .cat files,

install Windows Driver Kit,

add inf2cat.exe install directory,

create a new .cat file (fang12.cat in my case),

disable unsigned driver enforcement within windows

then go device manager and point windows to the driver files i'd created instead for all Ideazon USB Human Interface Devices.

Doesn't really do all the fooking about justice when its condensed into 8 simple steps, obviously way more to it than just those steps but you get the idea and gets the point across.  :)

Works great and I've got the driver(s) iv'e created saved but every large windows 10 update (creators (1803), October update (1809)and no doubt the may (1903)) up to now reverts windows back to enforcing unsigned drivers and i have to turn it all off again and once again point windows to the drivers i've created instead via device manager etc.

Probably easier to just buy a new device but i like the fang and after 16 years of playing ET with it would miss it, a lot.

My fang

IMG-20190619-165325038.jpg

Device manager

fang.jpg

Drivers i've had to create

fang2.jpg

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1