ET Server Suggestion Unbalanced teams

RockET

I know you all put a lot of effort into making the teams balanced and even and I know thats hard to do. For 7 min I watched the teams unbalanced and one team not be able to leave spawn.  Scores were something along the lines of 638 to 308. Now my issue is that a bunch of known players CONSISTENTLY DO THIS. I think to be fair to everyone they should be the first to move. As far as I know it is a rule to keep the teams even and we have certain players not following this. This is not the first time I have seen it. They need to get over that K/D ratio because it means nothing if the entire map was you camping an unbalanced or uneven team. The entire half the team left, Including myself. /ENDRANT. Attached is a partial list of the players in question. Most of them medic, with the exception ET3 becuase he hoards panzer and wont switch because of it. 2 sec after this screenshot Even F|A=Roytown left. Supplyguy was nice enough to move, and always a great teammate.

For the players I am speaking about please Refer to rule #3 of global rules. https://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Server_Rules

shot0000.thumb.jpg.5210f6b03b49a58638f11df848891a36.jpg

Edited by RockET
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • 100 4

1 hour ago, daredevil said:

This is why you need to join us and help balance the teams with !put or !shuffle. This is why we are aggressively recruiting new admins to help the other players. 

Mid map - i use !put - first 1 min of map !shuffle. 

Unfortunately I joined mid map and this is what I joined in on. Did not make me encouraged to stay so I pmed admins. Tipsy is usually very good at fixing it but he was probably afk. I just think a few of these, random rambo shooters, that never play as a team, and keep teams stacked, should be addressed. I have tried mentioning it or adressing/asking the player to move, but just got grief instead. Really just disappoints me to see such a skilled player with lack of teamplay in a team oriented game. We need more players like Danger.

Edited by RockET
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, daredevil said:

This is why you need to join us and help balance the teams with !put or !shuffle. This is why we are aggressively recruiting new admins to help the other players. 

Mid map - i use !put - first 1 min of map !shuffle. 

I agree, I think you would make a fine admin Rocket and I been bugging ya to do it, you should go ahead and make that app now :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 3

I agree with u,but sometimes,more players not means more stronger teams,2 more bad players can disrupt to harmony of a team.and shuffle just care about K/R and it might be misleading time to time,I have 3.2k kr and a guy can own me who has 1.5k kr,as a matter of fact it happened at once.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PXRockET said:

Unfortunately I joined mid map and this is what I joined in on. 

I believe you misunderstood what DD said. He meant for you to join F|A, not one of the teams :P So you are able to sort out the teams yourself with commands if things become like this again and nobody is moving. 

Thanks for the report btw!

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

Gee, where have I heard this before???? The only thing surprising is that it's not Allies for once, although I see the same players......

And I don't think K/D Ratio means anything on Jaymod

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, PXRockET said:

I have tried mentioning it or adressing/asking the player to move, but just got grief instead.

They give us grief too but we just develop thick skin and use !put. Once you join as admin, you can !put others and balance it out for everyone's game play. We expect admins to balance the teams once at least 2-3 maps and then not all admins are really skilled so they can use !put on skilled players. 

General rule of thumb is if move !player A in map 1, map 2 i will not bother player A but rather ask player B.  That way skilled players don't always feel, they keep getting moved. 

7 hours ago, PXRockET said:

Really just disappoints me to see such a skilled player with lack of teamplay

Teamplay is less in some players and it's more of frag play when killing non skilled players for their fun. Then they whine OMG empty server. Off course, no one likes to get slaughtered. Slaughtered is next level vs getting killed in game.  

• Like 2
  • 100 1

= F | A =RockET ??? it would not be bad, keep that option in your head so that this type of problem does not happen again, from now on if you think about joining already have my +1

:)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

ive been trying to get  rocket to join now for bit...  rocket isnt ur average admin tho he is aggressive at times. he has alot a passion for et.very great person to get to know in et... 

there are some regulars who love to stack...just take a mental note let me or letdown know.. on jay2 it can be very annoying..redbaird also very great admin.those two always help me if i need it.

one thing i did notice is the more u police as a admin the more the jerkwads heckle u.. its very discouraging sometimes...lebron and the mezoulos boys really got it in for me.lol also would like to say on jay2 rocket is very observant of uneven teams an is quick to move.

Edited by captnconcrete
redbaird
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, PXRockET said:

Now my issue is that a bunch of known players CONSISTENTLY DO THIS.

You are correct and sadly it happens on every server.

A quick example on jay2 few days ago  : a well-known player joining the server and begging me to !put him allies, even though axis were in trouble but he did not give a .....

I refused to !put him, explaining him why. Guess what, he disconnected !

I will not give his name not to embarrass him, but cmon dude, don't you want a decent challenge by helping the weakest team ?

10 hours ago, daredevil said:

we just develop thick skin and use !put.

Teamplay is less in some players and it's more of frag play when killing non skilled players for their fun.

Thick skin : hell yeah 😊

@ everyone recently we have had some interesting games on jay2 with teamwork . Yeah I said it : teamwork. There is a player called Biff Webster and he yells at me (nicely) if I don't cooperate to help him for the objective. Actually he tries to convince players to play as a team. Many join that effort and we end up having some nice team play and great fun (at least I do). 😄 You don't believe me ? Join  (I try to promote as much as I can) !

Some guys will only play for kills but it's part of the game : let's try to convince them  (and others) to help if they don't. We could get nice surprises.

9 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

rocket isnt ur average admin tho he is aggressive at times. he has alot a passion for et.very great person to get to know in et... 

there are some regulars who love to stack...just take a mental note let me or letdown know.. on jay2 it can be very annoying..redbaird also very great admin.those two always help me if i need it.

one thing i did notice is the more u police as a admin the more the jerkwads heckle u.. its very discouraging sometimes...lebron and the mezoulos boys really got it in for me.lol also would like to say on jay2 rocket is very observant of uneven teams an is quick to move.

Yeah, good chats with Rocket on Jay2. He helps a lot and would be a great fit ( that topic is an obvious example).  But wait, what am I writing here ? Is that my review ?🤣 At this time I think he just wants to have fun and that's totally fine. Let Rocket decide if he wants to join without bothering him.

Yes Capt, as I said above, on Jay2, we do our best to keep teams fair on a daily basis. To be honest we have a bunch of nice regulars helping us. Ofc we have some who do not cooperate but we know how to deal with them. 😁

About the "police", yes some players like to test you and see how you react. Don't worry, you are tough and will handle this accordingly. Anyway we are a team. 😉

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thank you everyone. I didn't realize my post was going to be encouragement for me to apply. Maybe it's time? I have been in 3 large clans usually years at a time.  I am going through a lot of personal things right now so I just wasn't sure that it's a good time. If and when I get this divorce finalized, we will see. I can get a little moody at times and I'm working on it. I try to be a decent teammate and friend. Redneck even added me on Facebook. I try to help other players and keep teams even and follow the rules. I just like when others show the same respect. Also anyone that needs help in game, tips, a personal medic, backup, or personal advice. Always feel free to pm me. 

• Like 6
  • 100 3

Sounds all good. Still I'm sure you have friends on server/forums , you should talk with them more, it helps get over with real life problems. No hurry in applying, take your time. 

• Like 5
  • 100 2

5 hours ago, tipsy said:

Sounds all good. Still I'm sure you have friends on server/forums , you should talk with them more, it helps get over with real life problems. No hurry in applying, take your time. 

Thanks Tipsy. Always like messing with you in game. One of the most fun, and serious admins. I have even been trying to log onto discord more. If you see me in the jaymod channel. Come say hi. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 3/5/2019 at 10:50 PM, RockET said:

I know you all put a lot of effort into making the teams balanced and even and I know thats hard to do. For 7 min I watched the teams unbalanced and one team not be able to leave spawn.  Scores were something along the lines of 638 to 308. Now my issue is that a bunch of known players CONSISTENTLY DO THIS. I think to be fair to everyone they should be the first to move. As far as I know it is a rule to keep the teams even and we have certain players not following this. This is not the first time I have seen it. They need to get over that K/D ratio because it means nothing if the entire map was you camping an unbalanced or uneven team. The entire half the team left, Including myself. /ENDRANT. Attached is a partial list of the players in question. Most of them medic, with the exception ET3 becuase he hoards panzer and wont switch because of it. 2 sec after this screenshot Even F|A=Roytown left. Supplyguy was nice enough to move, and always a great teammate.

For the players I am speaking about please Refer to rule #3 of global rules. https://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Server_Rules

shot0000.thumb.jpg.5210f6b03b49a58638f11df848891a36.jpg

Just saw this.  Thanks, Rocket - made my day.

• Haha 2
  • 100 1