ET Crashes with Menus and Disconnect

Symfony

Legacy does the same on Silent. Generally the server list error happens at least once every time the game starts.

As far as pak0, pak1, etc., they are from a clean install. I really think that this has more to do with a graphics card issue as when I switched back to the 1050 from the 550 it started crashing again

Legacy does the same on Silent. Generally the server list error happens at least once every time the game starts.

As far as pak0, pak1, etc., they are from a clean install. I really think that this has more to do with a graphics card issue as when I switched back to the 1050 from the 550 it started crashing again

This is quite odd. Graphics cards (being solid state devices) normally fail in one of two ways.

-They don't work, period

-They work for a short period of time before failing due to overheating chips. (freeze/artifacts)

Could you confirm the driver edition you are using for each card?

Please retry your 1050 card and add the following cvar to your config: "set logfile 1" (minus quotes). If you're not using a custom config, type "/set logfile 1" into your console. Then trigger a crash. Navigate to your etmain directory and attach the "etconsole.log" file to your post.

As for etlegacy... maybe try an older version. It looks like there might have been a new bug or regression.

• Like 1

With that error log it looks like you are missing the silent binaries. Try copying them from 2.60b installation silent folder.

Some et Legacy installations ( no clue why ) don't properly download basic files from server and throw an exception cause of missing files.

Etlegacy downloaded files are in mydocuments/etlegacy/

As for menus they were tested thoroughly with various devices so it's more hardware or missing files.

• Like 1

With that error log it looks like you are missing the silent binaries. Try copying them from 2.60b installation silent folder.

Some et Legacy installations ( no clue why ) don't properly download basic files from server and throw an exception cause of missing files.

Etlegacy downloaded files are in mydocuments/etlegacy/

As for menus they were tested thoroughly with various devices so it's more hardware or missing files.

The silent files are there in all of my installs, I will add the logfile cvar. It doesnt make sense that my gfx card would be failing since I can play the new Wolfenstien games.

Issue was a nvidia developer toolkit. Now that that's uninstalled, the game works normally. 

Did that come via drivers update? Cus im having similiar problem, but it only concerns silent mod, basically game crashes  upon each map switch on the loading menu, been trying to figure it out for a while already but didn't yet find any solution.

Did that come via drivers update? Cus im having similiar problem, but it only concerns silent mod, basically game crashes  upon each map switch on the loading menu, been trying to figure it out for a while already but didn't yet find any solution.

Nope, it's a separate download. I have that issue sometimes. Are you using ETL? Are you on Win10?

Nope, it's a separate download. I have that issue sometimes. Are you using ETL? Are you on Win10?

Normal ET and yeh, on win10, but somehow i think its got to do with nvidia drivers, since it worked without problems at beginning and then suddenly started crashing.

Normal ET and yeh, on win10, but somehow i think its got to do with nvidia drivers, since it worked without problems at beginning and then suddenly started crashing.

Could be the newer drivers maybe. I don't have the issue all of the time, just sometimes.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
On 11/16/2017 at 3:38 PM, Symfony said:

@bigbro is having same issue. Did you figure out what was causing it? Are you 100% sure it was GPU? If yes then I can ask him to run some diagnostic on his GPU. 

@Symfony can you please help? Thank you