Disable Poison Knife Yes/No?

Raptor

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, Eazy said:

If 50% of that team were knifer user , doesn t that mean they are popular? And that 25%+ the players ,at that moment , on that server liked it? Every class have poison knifes soo it s not giving advantage to anyone . Everyone is having the same possibility to use them or not .

This is what I can say for me and only me. It takes about 3 poison knives and then the frustration kicks in, then once I get frustrated, the bad HipKat starts to show up. We don't like the bad HipKat. We like the GOOD HipKat, right?? Ok, then

Like Hulk says, you don't want to make me mad. You REALLY don't want to make me mad lolz lmao!

• Love 1

So why not have both to make all happy. tou che😉

I hear your point but there are more then one server.. Let people enjoy there relax time in there own way... (this just my opinion everyone entitled to there own)

P.S. No we don't wanna see the bad hipkat sometimes we don't even want to see the good... Haha i joke. hope to see you around.😋

Edited by Hulk

• Platinum VIP
6 minutes ago, Hulk said:

So why not have both to make all happy. tou che😉

Well to be serious for a minute, I don't think dropping damage on knives is a good idea. Hitting an opponent with a knife is a skill. Getting a kill is part of that skill. The poison makes it so one sided, there's no defense. I know I'm not winning this one, but that's my opinion on it

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 2

A good medic is the antidote, but we can agree to disagree.. Don't want to draw this out just my opinions only..

• Platinum VIP
1 minute ago, Hulk said:

A good medic is the antidote, but we can agree to disagree.. Don't want to draw this out just my opinions only..

Yeah, if there's one near you, but that's not how it always is

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
2 minutes ago, Hulk said:

A GOOD medic is the key. So many times I'll be hitting Heal Me, Heal me and 3 meds will run right past or just stand there

some people on jay3 just use it too much which can be really annoying the more of them you have on one team. seen this very often. death by one knife shot and having to wait til poison kills you before being able to respawn a few rounds in a row makes some people quit. its becoming a jay3 desease.

no poison knifes for field ops would be a good solution imo so its limited a bit. everybody might be happy with that. this topic has been discussed so often because there are actually many people who dont like that poison on knifes and some do.

• Like 1

some people on jay3 just use it too much which can be really annoying the more of them you have on one team. seen this very often. death by one knife shot and having to wait til poison kills you before being able to respawn a few rounds in a row makes some people quit. its becoming a jay3 desease.

no poison knifes for field ops would be a good solution imo so its limited a bit. everybody might be happy with that. this topic has been discussed so often because there are actually many people who dont like that poison on knifes and some do.

A GOOD medic is the key. So many times I'll be hitting Heal Me, Heal me and 3 meds will run right past or just stand there

Yes, I understand you both and you are entitled to your opinions, as am I. Been through a lot of knife battles back in the early days of my playing. I hope we can come to some kind of understanding that's mutually benificial to all.(as i said though this is my opinion would like knives on certain class or in some manner)

Edited by Hulk
bad spelling
  • Like 1

I've been playing a lot more on Jay1 recently and its made me realise how bad i am at the knife on that mod haha. That being said, i can see why people dislike the knife because those that are really good at using the knife (looking at you @Eazy :P) are unstoppable especially in narrow spaces. BUT, i found it to be more fun and challenging to try and dodge the knives. Half the time i did and half of the time i didnt and i think that is completely fine. Its another element of the game that attracts another set of players and just like how many people dont like rambo medics for example, we shouldnt remove it IMO just because people dont like it when theres a good amount of people that do like it. Maybe I haven't played a match where theres a tonne of people using poison knives but from my personal experience it hasnt been over the top or a problem. Just another part of the game. Besides, there are a tonne of other servers without poison knives. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, r3wind3r said:

Like i said, for me field ops class shouldnt have poison knife, because at gorge points, they keep spamming knifes. For example in bremem, there´s a player that keeps behind axis spaw, once you leave the spawn, you are already knifed... a bit frustrating. im talking abuout j3.

• Like 1

Poison knifes - more methods to back f* ... doesn't it is enough that guys waiting behind walls to kill ambush everytime?

First thoughts last year on Jay2 were -> poisoned knifes? Ok pretty way to troll noobs like me ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Poision knifes are good, but overpowerd(even I find that), they should not be removed tho. A beter solution would be to limit the dmg they do. Lets say 3 hits instead of constant dmg until death. Removing posion knifes wil give newer players no chance to kill somone, and make their game boring thus making them leave/quit. Thats just my opinion :)

• Like 1

• Administrators

Jaymod - No one is going to recompile it after doing the code changes in it. So changing damage, speed, etc is not possible for now.

Either we keep it or remove it. Jay1 and Jay3 both have it and Jay2 doesn't have it. So if someone doesn't like knifes, they can play on jay2. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Jaymod - No one is going to recompile it after doing the code changes in it. So changing damage, speed, etc is not possible for now.

Either we keep it or remove it. Jay1 and Jay3 both have it and Jay2 doesn't have it. So if someone doesn't like knifes, they can play on jay2. 

The same to classes? About field ops not having poison due to infinite ammo.