ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

On 7/31/2019 at 3:41 PM, ElEl said:

Here's my go at making a rotation. I've based it off of other's suggestions as well as some of my own and shuffled some maps around so the rotation is a bit less 'familiar'. 29 maps total.

This looks like a fun rotation.

Specially with capuzzo and Xposed gone 😛

• Like 1

• Administrators

@ElEl @Letdown i am going to add access for both of you for jay2 - so u guys can change maps fast. I will work on the access ASAP. I had similar access set up done for jay3 for @Vindstot and @PhoeniXx as they camp jay3 and they can figure out what players want and remove hated maps without me. I am short on time as Dec is closing and office pressure and lay off are increasing. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Jay2, Could We raise the minimum players on radar_summer. 16, 52, ?
5 vs 5 was over in 5 Minutes...

Edited by Buckwild
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Buckwild said:

Jay2, Could We raise the minimum players on radar_summer. 16, 52, ?
5 vs 5 was over in 5 Minutes...

We very rarely get more than 16 players is the issue. The map will be played twice a month tops. I'll definitely keep an eye on it in the future and if I see the same thing happen again then I'll raise the minimum number to 12 or 14 when we put in a new rotation or remove the map if it's got a negative score.

Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated. :)

• Like 2

A few maps have been replaced on Jay2 based on feedback and warmup scores.

Here's what the rotation looks like right now:

arta, 0, 64,
rochelle_b2, 0, 44,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 40,
braundorf_final, 0, 36,
fueldump_revenge, 0, 64,
bremen_final, 0, 42,
marketgarden_et_r2, 0, 52,
adlernest, 0, 36,
supplydepot2, 0, 64,
bloody_omaha_b2, 0, 52,
chariot, 0, 52,
goldrush-gals, 0, 64,
praetoria_m2, 0, 64,
rtcw_depot2, 0, 52,
italyfp2, 0, 52,
mlb_starbase, 0, 52,
codename_lachs, 0, 52,
et_beach, 0, 52,
frostbite, 0, 36,
baserace, 0, 40,
warbell, 0, 52,
school, 0 ,32,
raid_final, 0, 32,
flame-guards, 0, 64,
breakout2, 0, 52,
sos_secret_weapon, 0, 52,
radar_summer, 0, 52,
axislab_final, 0, 40,

Changes:

Out:
1944_huertgen_final2 (was sitting at -9)
bucket_v2 (was sitting at -8)
haunted_mansion (quite a few people have said this was getting stale so time for a break, it will return for halloween)
venice_ne4 (was sitting at -5)

In:
axislab_final
bloody_omaha_b2
breakout2
chariot
fueldump_revenge
mlb_starbase

Only issue is anti-rush, some maps need it adding as bots just can't wait to destroy things.

I'll try my best to replace a map either when it reaches -5 or is at 0 to -4 for a few weeks. There's a lot of new maps I'm testing from the download section that I'd like to try on Jay2, if they get massively voted down in a week then no worries - I'll just remove them.

Also, I'm already working on halloween, winter and christmas rotations so feel free to leave map requests and suggestions for those and I'll get them on the server.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, Schmerzen said:

I have one suggestion. Take baserace out! 

What would you suggest replacing it with?

Map stats say that the current warmup score for the map is +22 out of 32 votes so 27 people voted up and only 5 people voted down. It has been on the server for quite a while and I've seen a couple people leave when it comes on so if you can suggest a similar map I'll replace it and see how it does. From what I gather, the general consensus is that people enjoy maps like this because it breaks up the normal gameplay of one sides attacks, one side defends so that's why I say a similar map 😛.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

i personally like bassrace..  i was wondering tho  we have been playing same goldrush map version for long while.. as goldrush is my favorite map... could we swap it out with  say stop watch version.

i really appreciate what ur doing here el! thank u .. but im not a fan of massive gigantic maps.  marketgarden is no good to me.. just my opinion.. i love seeing new maps thanks again.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

i personally like bassrace..

How about swapping baserace with the other version you found a while ago? Baserace2 I think it was. I don't think I was here when it was swapped back, was it laggy for people or something?

as goldrush is my favorite map... could we swap it out with  say stop watch version.

In games where every axis player camp the bank, attacking can be almost impossible. GALS has multiple access to it's a lot easier and that's why it's liked so much. I can see about swapping it out with Smiley's version that's currently on Jay1 if you'd be happy with that bud?

marketgarden is no good to me

Yep it's currently sitting in the negatives so that's going out next rotation. Not sure if lack of anti-rush killed that one or if it's just that no one that likes it. Either way, it's a pretty big map more suited to Jay1 so I'll find a replacement for it.

19 hours ago, Barn!e said:

Chariot and Omaha are very laggy :(

I found a newer version of Chariot yesterday so I'll replace the current version with it. Hopefully that sorts the lag out on that map. It's weird that it wasn't laggy for us when we found it during map testing. Are your primitives and hunkmegs set?

If I see a few others mention that they lag on Omaha I'll remove that cause I know there are people who enjoy that one.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

On 9/1/2019 at 4:27 PM, ElEl said:

What would you suggest replacing it with?

Map stats say that the current warmup score for the map is +22 out of 32 votes so 27 people voted up and only 5 people voted down. It has been on the server for quite a while and I've seen a couple people leave when it comes on so if you can suggest a similar map I'll replace it and see how it does. From what I gather, the general consensus is that people enjoy maps like this because it breaks up the normal gameplay of one sides attacks, one side defends so that's why I say a similar map 😛.

I can see by all the replies that I'm the minority in this opinion hahaha 😥. My opinion is that it breaks the pace but it seems to be the actual point of the map. I have no suggestion to replace it.

But hey, asking never hurts.

• Like 1

i love that baserace 2 ... but  it wasnt to popular either.

i dont know if im familiar with smileys version we could sure try it .. isnt there a diff one tho that has more rooms and a spawn for allies by the first tank barrier.?

im not apposed to taking out baserace but we need to replace it with something good.   axis lab? i do get annouyed by the high pingers trickjumping lol on dren.. its horrid when ur on a team in baserace that thinks defending base is good idea.lolor builds fence first .lol

• Like 2