ET Jay #2 FG42+Adrenaline

dasp

3 minutes ago, Xiahou Dun said:

So if that is the case indeed - the potential solution becomes very problematic. It's been already established, that limiting adrenaline per life is not the way to go. Decreasing charge rate for covert ops doesnt work well either, from what I've seen, and also it puts down objective-oriented covie players. So instead of tweaking adrenaline and charge times, FG42 itself should be affected. Limiting its ammo, rate of fire, recoils whatever goes. Again, as a NQ1 regular player, I am a bit biased, but I think FG42 is in a good place there. It shoots crazy fast, which enables you to take down enemy player in 1-2 seconds, but the downside of this RoF is the recoil.

I am genuinely interested where this topic goes.

To be honest, I rarely see a Covert Ops with a FG42 destroying objectives with Satchel Charges. I do see Covert Ops with Sten do it. I rarely see anything objective related done by Covert Ops with FG42, I only see them run as fast as possible, kill a few, or in the case of Lorthae kill the whole opponent team, respawn and repeat.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

1 minute ago, dasp said:

To be honest, I rarely see a Covert Ops with a FG42 destroying objectives with Satchel Charges. I do see Covert Ops with Sten do it. I rarely see anything objective related done by Covert Ops with FG42, I only see them run as fast as possible, kill a few, or in the case of Lorthae kill the whole opponent team, respawn and repeat.

Yeah I understand that, but that's exactly why limiting charge time for Covert Ops as a whole is a double-edged sword. It affects FG42 users in a way intented, while it limits Sten users even more ( Sten is a hell of a thing to shoot with, I respect anyone who is even remotely good with Sten )

• Like 1
  • 100 1

25 minutes ago, Xiahou Dun said:

I find it extremely interesting that you point out people so called "attitudes" while being so passive-aggresive. Even more so, you are a member of FA, not some random guy on the forum.

Yes you're surely right in that point. I cannot be sure by myself. Look... everything I write here is not delivered with my "face"... And if the wrong words is chosen, then may it appear more aggressively as it being meant so far. When someone feels "attacked" and don't feels good, even you ELEL, a big sorry about that.

Also it is hard to formulate a bunch of points a whole day in not your language (and that to about 5 people simultanously). Keep that pls in mind...

When I took a lot of time to formulate several points each and only a few is answered and the rest ignored - so I repeat and repeat and repeat... Maybe then it is more hard to find the right "sound" or likewise.

And when I critize attitudes, then it is "attitudes for my point of view" so I am sure that some people don't like my attitudes as well and that is okay.

Back to earth:

33 minutes ago, PHNTM said:

Chaos, you must have noticed before that taking shots from an FG42 feels like being hit by one massive powerful punch.

Especially at close range. And anyone playing with this weapon can be fairly vague with their aiming you don't need to be too precise to get the headshots.

It's very overpowered. 

Close range, yes. 

Middle range: meh

Far range: useless.

20 minutes ago, Avagantamos said:

i went on jay2 and tried to do as much long range shooting as possible. just straight action with as much adrenaline as possible to show how op this is.

the beginning sucks but it gets better once the tank has passed the 2nd bridge. below is a link with the full demo (30 mins) on riverport.

https://easyupload.io/azg26e

in the end i had an acc of ~ 43% with close and long range combined.

Thx a lot, i go watch it :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dasp said:

To be honest, I rarely see a Covert Ops with a FG42 destroying objectives with Satchel Charges. I do see Covert Ops with Sten do it. I rarely see anything objective related done by Covert Ops with FG42,

I do, many others too.

I find it wrong to throw those phrases in the room.

3 hours ago, dasp said:

I rarely see medics using adrenaline. And I spend a lot of time in spec.

The promised Jay2 demo...

https://isocity.info/2020-05-21-234414-pirates.zip

I just spectated medics... 

When I count right 7 of 10 used dren permanently.

24 minutes ago, ChaOs said:

Medics using adrenaline on an adrenaline server???? What's next engineers constructing and field ops giving ammo??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

This is what I meant with ripping out of context. It was an answer to the sentence

"I rarely see medics using adrenaline. And I spend a lot of time in spec."

You are fine ignoring how I give evidences point by point. It is senseless to discuss with you and you wonder why you are ignored.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, Xiahou Dun said:

So if that is the case indeed - the potential solution becomes very problematic. It's been already established, that limiting adrenaline per life is not the way to go. Decreasing charge rate for covert ops doesnt work well either, from what I've seen, and also it puts down objective-oriented covie players. So instead of tweaking adrenaline and charge times, FG42 itself should be affected. Limiting its ammo, rate of fire, recoils whatever goes. Again, as a NQ1 regular player, I am a bit biased, but I think FG42 is in a good place there. It shoots crazy fast, which enables you to take down enemy player in 1-2 seconds, but the downside of this RoF is the recoil.

I am genuinely interested where this topic goes.

At what point does playing the game for the game supersede playing the game just to have full adren at every respawn? I mean, are people playing because they love ET or just because there is Adrenaline that makes you move faster and be harder to kill?

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, ChaOs said:

If I was on, I'd be one that didn't. I've never used it nor will I ever

• Like 1

Let's keep it civil guys. Its not the end of the world if things change or if nothing changes. Keep it friendly. Bsck and forth discussion is absolutely fine too fyi. :)

Edited by CheepHeep
  • 100 1

38 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

At what point does playing the game for the game supersede playing the game just to have full adren at every respawn? I mean, are people playing because they love ET or just because there is Adrenaline that makes you move faster and be harder to kill?

Im sorry, but how is this remark related to my post?

• Like 1

its a  big vote NO

for me  too just take off adren in jay2!

but i am open  too  say a week trial of no dren if we make some other changes too .

just think how powerful soldier becomes!

WOW on the work load ur gonna put on the never give up engineers!

mines and nades still work fine on trucks and tanks..

a real medic stands no chance .... becuz   they have to drain there charge bar and  can only heal dead in limbo peeps with needle , if we could change it  so u could heal  a depleted soldier with ur needle . then he might stand a chance.

an limit the amount of field opps .. so it forces people to play a more helpful class. so many times  super tard over in corner spamin arty !!!! in stupid spots. an hear i am other field opps and i could call arty if i wanted.

drens 10sec speed  and -50 damage . big woopie do  . a hs is a hs so what it takes a couple more!

its a game!

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
13 minutes ago, Xiahou Dun said:

Im sorry, but how is this remark related to my post?

You said "So if that is the case indeed - the potential solution becomes very problematic. It's been already established, that limiting adrenaline per life is not the way to go. Decreasing charge rate for covert ops doesnt work well either, from what I've seen, and also it puts down objective-oriented covie players." which makes it seem like you're saying people would have negative reactions if things were changed?

7 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

its a  big vote NO

for me  too just take off adren in jay2!

but i am open  too  say a week trial of no dren if we make some other changes too .

just think how powerful soldier becomes!

WOW on the work load ur gonna put on the never give up engineers!

mines and nades still work fine on trucks and tanks..

a real medic stands no chance .... becuz   they have to drain there charge bar and  can only heal dead in limbo peeps with needle , if we could change it  so u could heal  a depleted soldier with ur needle . then he might stand a chance.

an limit the amount of field opps .. so it forces people to play a more helpful class. so many times  super tard over in corner spamin arty !!!! in stupid spots. an hear i am other field opps and i could call arty if i wanted.

drens 10sec speed  and -50 damage . big woopie do  . a hs is a hs so what it takes a couple more!

its a game!

Cap, no one ios saying to remove Adren completely, just look at the effects of it combined with FG42 and/or changing the rate of recharging Adrenaline

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • 100 1

9 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

You said "So if that is the case indeed - the potential solution becomes very problematic. It's been already established, that limiting adrenaline per life is not the way to go. Decreasing charge rate for covert ops doesnt work well either, from what I've seen, and also it puts down objective-oriented covie players." which makes it seem like you're saying people would have negative reactions if things were changed?

Dont know where in this statement I've indicated that people will have negative reactions. I simply stated that:

1# Limiting adrenaline to even 1 per life will not solve covert op problem. Again, medics are another story, but this topic is about covert ops.

2# Decreasing charge rate for COVERT OPS  will hurt covert players that use Sten. Problem at hand is about FG42, no need to punish Sten players.

Yeah, people WILL have negative reactions when you take adrenaline off jay2. It's an adrenaline server, and while both you and me do NOT use it, this will not change the fact most people do. I myself could see it disabled completely, but like it or not, MOST, NOT ALL players do use adrenaline.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
22 minutes ago, Xiahou Dun said:

Dont know where in this statement I've indicated that people will have negative reactions. I simply stated that:

1# Limiting adrenaline to even 1 per life will not solve covert op problem. Again, medics are another story, but this topic is about covert ops.

2# Decreasing charge rate for COVERT OPS  will hurt covert players that use Sten. Problem at hand is about FG42, no need to punish Sten players.

Yeah, people WILL have negative reactions when you take adrenaline off jay2. It's an adrenaline server, and while both you and me do NOT use it, this will not change the fact most people do. I myself could see it disabled completely, but like it or not, MOST, NOT ALL players do use adrenaline.

Dun, man, we're on two different pages and both missing what the other is saying. It's all good, let's just move on