Decay_b7 - Enemy Territory Map

Dynasty

Decay_b7

View File

The latest version of decay!

B7 Changelog

Fixed the hunkmegs. Total hunkmegs in use is now 44mb instead of 52mb. It should be good for any player to connect on the server while the map is on.

back to 15 minutes total 

Added new settings for lighting and should make a difference for those complaining it was too dark.

New waypoints available.

Thank you @Smileyyy for helping me out testing and fixing it.

B6 Changelog

- Lighting has been completely reworked and optimized.

- Changed the skybox.

- Map is now 20 minutes instead of 15

- Added ambient war sound at outdoor locations.

- New temporary barrier at Flag entrance. Will go down by arty and nades and is not reconstructable.

- Side gate location was retextured, added a new axis team door and more cover.

- New route to gold room for allies. Accessible after the generator is blown up or by a coverops in disguise.

- New health and ammo cabinets located between new route and gold room.

- More cover added at truck location and small bunker roof top is now easily accessible.

- Axis spawn room made a bit larger and spawn entity were spaced out.

- Many other minor fixes and details

OBJ for allies

- transmit docs to secure forward flag spawn and open main gate.
- destroy side gate and build CP for an additional spawn point.
- dynamite the generator to access gold crates in the vault.
- deliver 2 gold crates to the truck and win.

OBJ for axis
- defend forward spawn flag and do not let allies transmit the secret docs.
- defend side gate and build CP to prevent allies from having an aditional spawn point.
- defend the generator.
- defend the gold and do not let allies deliver the gold crates to the truck.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/03/20
  • Category
  • Map Type
    Objective
  • Map Size
    Medium
    Large
  • Map Theme
    Day
  • Attacking Team
    Allies
  • Waypoints
    Yes
  • Known Issues
    None

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, daredevil said:

We go live with this on hardcore? Old version omnis will work? @CheepHeep @Dynasty What you guys say?

Yes. Once the waypoints are updated then good to go. Dynasty said that the old ones are okay but not optimal. If you are okay with that, I can always add it now? 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

Yes. Once the waypoints are updated then good to go. Dynasty said that the old ones are okay but not optimal. If you are okay with that, I can always add it now? 

yes please upload on redirect and add the map up. Once done ping me on discord and i will rename omnis. if u have access to rename omnis do that as well please. OR Ping me up. My head is fked with booze and i am about to crash. 10 mins max. Shower and I doze off! 

• 100 3

New waypoints are in the work! the old one do work surprisingly good but are not optimal. 

thank you for uploading, can't wait to try it out :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi

From what I saw it seems gorgeous!

The few things I dislike the previous version was the cosmetics.

You did put a lot of effort on this time around.  Now the colors/brightness and textures are on another level. Make you feel like a modern ET.

About the new changes I like them - I don't think is easier for allies - specially this part below with multiple crossfire options.

I've seen glowing comments as well.

I have to play it with server full, could be a massive success on other bigger servers.

I just love interior battles.

You're a legend man, congratz!

I never thought I could saw a Quality new map in ET in 2020.

2020-05-06-051532-decay_b6.jpg

2020-05-06-051923-decay_b6.jpg

Edited by zrong
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, zrong said:

Hi

From what I saw it seems gorgeous!

The few things I dislike the previous version was the cosmetics.

You did put a lot of effort on this time around.  Now the colors/brightness and textures are on another level. Make you feel like a modern ET.

About the new changes I like them - I don't think is easier for allies - specially this part below with multiple crossfire options.

I've seen glowing comments as well.

I have to play it with server full, could be a massive success on other bigger servers.

I just love interior battles.

You're a legend man, congratz!

I never thought I could saw a Quality new map in ET in 2020.

Thank you! Really appreciate it. Many hours of my personal time were put into this project and I’m glad that people like it.

The goal has always been to make a map relevant to the style of ET played today on servers with larger number of players while having the same game play from other classic maps that we love to play over and over.

I have played the map 3 times on hardcore so far, and I think it will take a bit of time for everyone to get accustomed with the new changes.

Also, not everyone start the map at the same time since some have to download it, but I am confident that in a couple of weeks, we will have a lot of fun fragging around the new parts. :)   

Edited by Dynasty
  • Like 3

• Administrators

@Dynasty Hello ... my concern is hunk meg required i.e. 128MB min. Problem is i can't force hunkmeg or others will be pissed.. can u pls see if u can optimize it? it would help tremendously. Right now for other non tech generic servers, we are forced to use b5 version. 

Even though helping numerous times, players have difficulty to adjust basic command. I am helping where I can but server can't loose players either because of it. Smiley suggested to banner which is my next plan i.e. to update all server banners but even then I am not sure. We will see what can be done from our side to bridge the gap. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

@daredevil Hello, yep I will shortly work on a release of the map that use less hunk meg. (should not be too hard to achieve)

With around 25 users on HC yesterday, my total hunk usage was about 52mb

But yea, I totally understand that some players are less techie and just don’t know how to fix the issue. Will be in touch shortly

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

@Dynasty

I played a couple times on HC.

I liked it.

New versions are always fun and this one is.

Gengis

• Like 4

Hi

I've noticed an increase of hunkmegs as well after download it for the first time. Hope this won't be an issue and spoil your work.

The  bots waypoints need to be added.

Someone mentioned it was too dark. Personally I like it as it is. Like Bremen Truck Mode.

Of course there are similarities with some parts of other maps but that doesn't mean it's bad quite the opposite, it's the way things work in any art form.

Everyone agrees is more balanced for both sides now.

Keep the good work! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It appears I can't play this map on HC. Logged on, downloaded the map and got "Hunk_Alloc failed on 63904". Couldn't get on until the map was over.

Tried again today, was playing other maps, then this map got picked and I was immediately booted with the same error.

Any ideas?

5 hours ago, Raw64life said:

It appears I can't play this map on HC. Logged on, downloaded the map and got "Hunk_Alloc failed on 63904". Couldn't get on until the map was over.

Tried again today, was playing other maps, then this map got picked and I was immediately booted with the same error.

Any ideas?

Looks like you have too less memory reserved for et. Try increasing by /set com_hunkmegs 196

• Like 1