Website Coronavirus Updates

-=HipKat=-

Thank God here in El Salvador there have been no more cases, the 3 found so far remain, yesterday the President decreed a household quarantine and only one person can go out to supply the homes, but thank God we stay at home with the family with the proper precautions and we are fine, I hope to return to the servers soon.

I miss play 😢

Killah...

IMG_20200322_165100917.jpg

• Like 2

• Leader
4 hours ago, ed_ said:

Who knows?

The poster's language is Indonesian and the upload date is 19 July, 2019.

It does look like what some call a "wet market",  a term new to me, and first heard in stories about Wuhan.

Wikipedia definitions:

A wet market is a market selling live meat, fish, produce, and other perishable goods as distinguished from "dry markets" which sell durable goods such as fabric and electronics. 

Wet markets are common in East Asia and Latin America, but are also found in traditional open-air markets in Europe, North America and Oceania.

The USA has "Farmers' Markets"  that definitely do not sell such "exotic" living & dead animals.  The term is mostly thought of as a produce and fruit market.

... is a physical retail marketplace intended to sell foods directly by farmers to consumers. 

Farmers' markets may be indoors or outdoors and typically consist of booths, tables or stands where farmers sell their homegrown produce, live animals and plants, and sometimes prepared foods and beverages. 

Farmers' markets exist in many countries worldwide and reflect the local culture and economy.

" local culture and economy. " is the key part.

Edited by RedBaird
2019, not "2009"

• Platinum VIP
11 hours ago, daredevil said:

I agree on this and I believe companies are working 24 x 7 to resolve it. I know in my wife company they are working round the clock to provide all stuff to hospitals. Last week she worked 12 hr every single day including weekends.  Problem is till now world didn't needed equipment in this large scale. But also imagine after math. Lot's of this equipment are going to rot and companies renting them would be going in loss soon. Their is no plan for that yet and hence all bio medical companies are getting worried and some are just saying out of stock because they don't want to file losses later. Welcome to corporate logistics. Some private owned companies are actually helping big time. 

Needs to happen for 7 days. Some dumb ass egoistic morons in Boston think they are king and roaming like nothing is happening. Problem is few people can't comprehend simple logic and they are ruining it for everyone. My company said WFH for all and yet some jerks show up at work and now infecting all the places. 3 tested +ve and i am sure that they have touched many stuff along the way. It should be lock down. If you show up on road, office, etc. without valid reason all your property should be sold and money used to save life for others. It's hard for old people to recover from infection. 

College dorms are being used at least that's what I heard. 

PS @HipKat I hope all is well at your end. NY numbers are pilling up. Stay safe my friend. 

Things are good here. I’m still working and I have plenty of food. But grocery stores are open and I have money so no worries. I hope you’re doing well

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
On 3/21/2020 at 10:55 AM, daredevil said:

I hope everyone is safe!  I am good for now. Prayers for all human beings. f***ing biological warfare has begin! I don't believe it came for bat shit or whatever animals. 

Wuhan biological laboratory is right near Wuhan market. Imagine a low-paid worker taking animals from the laboratory that survived and selling them to the market so he can put a little extra money in his pocket. Maybe some that didn’t survive. Market sells the meat or the entire animal and all hell breaks loose

• Like 1

17 hours ago, L3ftY. said:

The real test according to what I've read and heard is getting the hospitals around the world adequately equipped with the resources they need to fight this.

Without the masks, the gloves, hand sanitizer, etc. it won't be easy. The hospitals are saying they are not sufficiently supplied right now as the pandemic numbers grow each day. 

Governments need to stop talking about what they promise to do and just do it.

My mother and sister work at a local hospital.

They have almost no gear at all that could protect them from being infected.

Staff is ordering gear privately, I myself ordered them masks, mask filters, etc etc. Considering there is no gear in hospitals, almost none in the market, the prices went awfully high. -.-

• Sad 3

Pennsylvania's scumbag democrat governor Tom Wolfe has announced the unconstitutional (also unenforceable) 'shelter in place' rule statewide for 'non-essential' businesses (as if the government is qualified to determine what is essential).  Governments are trying their best worldwide to incite civil unrest, it seems.  Let's see if the police uphold their oaths and the state and U.S. Constitutions.  If I had a 'non-essential' brick and mortar business, I'd open it just to invite prosecution.  While the state documents on emergency do not allow him to do this, here's a quote:

"The idea of the police going out to make sure that we had full compliance is something that I think is really important," said Wolf.

Also,  get some Sun.  Coronavirus is highly susceptible to heat and U.V. light.  Here's a quote from an article:

The University of Maryland mapped severe COVID-19 outbreaks with local weather patterns around the world, from the US to China. They found that the virus thrives in a certain temperature and humidity channel. “The researchers found that all cities experiencing significant outbreaks of COVID-19 have very similar winter climates with an average temperature of 41 to 52 degrees Fahrenheit, an average humidity level of 47% to 79% with a narrow east-west distribution along the same 30–50 N” latitude”, said the University of Maryland.

“Based on what we have documented so far, it appears that the virus has a harder time spreading between people in warmer, tropical climates,” said study leader Mohammad Sajadi, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine in the UMSOM, physician-scientist at the Institute of Human Virology and a member of GVN.

In the image below, the zone at risk for a significant community spread in the near-term includes land areas within the green bands.

temperature_bands_COVID19.jpeg

14 hours ago, daredevil said:

@ed_ So far in all test no direct co relation was found. Why do China had to kill their own scientist? Something is/was messed up their. 

DD hope your are oki with your family , stay safe

Cathleen

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, smAshomAsh said:

Also,  get some Sun.  Coronavirus is highly susceptible to heat and U.V. light.  Here's a quote from an article:

The University of Maryland mapped severe COVID-19 outbreaks with local weather patterns around the world, from the US to China. They found that the virus thrives in a certain temperature and humidity channel. “The researchers found that all cities experiencing significant outbreaks of COVID-19 have very similar winter climates with an average temperature of 41 to 52 degrees Fahrenheit, an average humidity level of 47% to 79% with a narrow east-west distribution along the same 30–50 N” latitude”, said the University of Maryland.

“Based on what we have documented so far, it appears that the virus has a harder time spreading between people in warmer, tropical climates,” said study leader Mohammad Sajadi, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine in the UMSOM, physician-scientist at the Institute of Human Virology and a member of GVN.

In the image below, the zone at risk for a significant community spread in the near-term includes land areas within the green bands.

1, what does the Governor's political party have to do with it and 2, stop buying into conspiracy theories. No one knows anything about how to to treat the virus. Take your weak conspiracy theories and go away

On 3/21/2020 at 4:55 PM, daredevil said:

f***ing biological warfare has begin! I don't believe it came for bat shit or whatever animals. 

This seems unlikely, because scientists would use viruses they know to be deadly, not the existing viruses in bats; while the rna string resembles most that in bats - not that of SARS or MERS. Source sciencedaily

Edit - after sourcechecking a bit more I found this has been published in Nature, which means it's been peer reviewed https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

Which reminds me how interesting molecular biology is :)

PS - I think about all people as well - and hope for the best possible outcome... This darned virus certainly took us by surprise...

Edited by Platonic
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, smAshomAsh said:

Your attempts to gaslight me are hilarity.  Take your ignorant comment and stick around.  Stew in it.  We'll wait for you to catch up and stop naabing. 

the scumbag governor is a democrat.  democrats like to expand government  overreach, which is already rampant. 

I do understand reservations about the government severely restricting personal liberties and freedom. But in the current situation, what is the alternative?

If the government does nothing, the number of infections will continue to grow exponentially. High lethality, the dangers of a collapse of the healthcare system aside: the idea to just let it burn through the population is based on the assumption that people develop a long-term immunity against SARS-CoV-2 after they have had survived an infection. So far we do not know if people actually develop such long-term immunity. What if immunity only lasts a couple of months? If they don't and you let it just burn through the population, this could have grave consequences, not only for the personal wellbeing but also for modern civilisation itself with high population density. Imagine successive waves of SARS-CoV-2 infecting people every couple of months, killing x% (whatever the lethality will be determined at when the dust finally settles) and overloading the healthcare systems of the world. Now, it's rather unlikely, but who would take that risk? I'd rather risk a severe economic downturn than risk modern life as we know it.

If anything, Western governments have reacted far, far too late. The earlier you start with quarantine and isolation procedures, the higher your chance of containing the spread of the virus and the smaller the economic costs. Shops, factories and companies can be rebuilt, people cannot.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Sorry for the links but when our governments(especially Polish one) aren't doing enough, we need every help we can get:

1. https://staythef***home.com/

2. https://wearaf***ingmask.com/

It's been almost impossible to get masks in Poland for few weeks coz they were all bought out, the prices reached the ceiling... But, since China started working normally, you could buy them on aliexpress, thousands of masks. So our beloved hatred government decided to block us from buying them since tomorrow. Today it's the last day when you can order them from Polish store. Tomorrow... Banned :) we are expecting one of the or maybe few politics just bought a massive factory to produce those type of masks so he can get monopoly :) great country I live in.

• Like 1