ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

9 hours ago, tipsy said:

People don't know objective because they don't have interest in it and they don't want to learn it either. Posting names of new maps and expecting anybody going to learn it don't make sense . 

UJE don't kill server, I have played it plenty of time with server full and its totally fun to get  lots of mine kills. It get intense when tank cross the bridge . There are almost 28 maps on server, enjoy 27 other maps. leave 28th for who wants to play . 

P.S.:    The screenshot cabal posted is of during late night, when server is mostly empty . I got SS from fellow clan mate during morning time and I see decent population. 

2020-09-23-224953-uje_00.jpg

You say server empty. But the literal map prior we were running with 0 bots on server and at a great player count for that time frame. UJE00 killed that within minutes.

During late night NA hours, having the right maps that people enjoy are gonna keep them on for "one more map" or entice the europeans to get on early. Having liked maps is more important.

During NA morning/early afternoon hours the server is going to be busy no matter what map you have played. People wanted Northpole tossed out after christmas period but they still played.

And this map is one that gets requested by only one or two people in forums, then once its in it gets downvoted all to hell and people want the map tossed out.

You guys ask us to provide new maps for the server, which we do with the list I provided above as a summary of recent map requests posted this very thread. So why are we still recycling maps that is only enjoyed by a small percentage of the server population? Take some risks with maps once in a while, if NONE of those new maps work for jay1 whether it be a performance issue, layout issue, w/e then throw it out. But until then dont get upset that we "dont request new maps".

Maybe try and turn jay2 into a testing ground for a lot of these maps. If they run smoothly without issue on jay2 and seemed to be liked by the people who play the maps, then put it on jay1.

• Like 1
  • 100 2

I've been following this post for a bit now and am finally getting around to posting. I play on the server just about every night and I am too getting a bit bored with pretty much the same exact map rotation. Is there some way to implement a weekly rotation of maps or is that too hard to do? Like keep the ones people really like, but rotate out certain maps weekly so it mixes it up and never gets stale. I don't know how difficult or easy it is to add and remove maps so not sure if that is even something to consider. As for my map suggestions it would be nice to see stalingrad, frostbite, eagles, transmitter, axis lab, bridges, dubrovnik. not sure if any of these maps are too small for this server or not though. it's been a bit since i've played a lot of them.

• Like 3
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, CabaL said:

You guys ask us to provide new maps for the server, which we do with the list I provided above as a summary of recent map requests posted this very thread. So why are we still recycling maps that is only enjoyed by a small percentage of the server population? Take some risks with maps once in a while, if NONE of those new maps work for jay1 whether it be a performance issue, layout issue, w/e then throw it out. But until then dont get upset that we "dont request new maps".

Maybe try and turn jay2 into a testing ground for a lot of these maps. If they run smoothly without issue on jay2 and seemed to be liked by the people who play the maps, then put it on jay1.

I agree with Cabal. I was one of the people who voted to get UJE on the server but it already has -50 votes on server so I think it should be taken off. I'm in favor of trying more maps for short periods of time to see how they go, or testing them on Jay2 first. Because I also see a lot of maps suggested here that never get tried in the rotation, so maybe trying new maps in Jay2 would be a way to do that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CabaL said:

to link to this, i made a couple of suggestions here which really don't need a lot of effort to be tested. Feedback is coming. but will it be for nothing? 

Edited by NippleSlip

@NippleSlip  Railgun is laggy map.  The problem with  most of you is , you don't know problem with map. You just run imagination and want thing done.

@CabaL Again, there is no problem with UJE, if you don't like single map out of 28 maps , don't play it . When there is correct time to change map it will be removed.  Me and few other like to play UJE , let us play. I see you in spec  every now and then, it's not a big deal to sit in spec for another map. 

@bell reavue   I don't care what other 50 thinks,   50 wrong don't make 1  right thing wrong.  If you don't want to play its fine. 

@Graceful   do /connect s1.clan-fa.com   ....  tomorrow and take cabal with you.     Different maps , different rotation, vote for which map you want to play. Best server . 

@tipsy
I understand that this is a post for people to come and make suggestions but everyone either gets turned down or we are told we are wrong lol so I guess it’s pointless then.

There are also a lot of people who complain about maps on the actual server, they just don’t come here to say it.

And it’s not even that I have issues with any specific maps, it would just be nice to have some type of rotation with different maps being added so it’s not always the same. 
And why would I want to connect to a server that hardly has anyone on it at the hours I normally play at? I play on jay1 because it’s the most populated server you guys have basically throughout the entire day. 

• Like 3
  • 100 1

5 minutes ago, Graceful said:

@tipsy
I understand that this is a post for people to come and make suggestions but everyone either gets turned down or we are told we are wrong lol so I guess it’s pointless then.

There are also a lot of people who complain about maps on the actual server, they just don’t come here to say it.

And it’s not even that I have issues with any specific maps, it would just be nice to have some type of rotation with different maps being added so it’s not always the same. 
And why would I want to connect to a server that hardly has anyone on it at the hours I normally play at? I play on jay1 because it’s the most populated server you guys have basically throughout the entire day. 

Playable maps are chosen by suggestion only. Rest whatever you wrote is false and full of dillusions. 

I like current rotation and it's best.

• Confused 2
  • 100 1

8 hours ago, tipsy said:

@bell reavue   I don't care what other 50 thinks,   50 wrong don't make 1  right thing wrong.  If you don't want to play its fine. 

Why don't you care what people on Jay1 think? Isn't that the point of this thread? Correct me if I'm wrong but if the majority of people on Jay1 don't like a map to the point where they go in spec or leave the server then there's no reason it should be in rotation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bell reavue said:

Why don't you care what people on Jay1 think? Isn't that the point of this thread? Correct me if I'm wrong but if the majority of people on Jay1 don't like a map to the point where they go in spec or leave the server then there's no reason it should be in rotation. 

I don't add maps on server. I suggested baserace, mlb temple , helmsdeep after "your"suggestion . Added uje after your , buck and bunny's suggestion, and you saying I don't care? Please check thread and refresh your memory.  Don't come here  and throw shit at me .  

Just now, tipsy said:

I don't add maps on server. I suggested baserace, mlb temple , helmsdeep after "your"suggestion . Added uje after your , buck and bunny's suggestion, and you saying I don't care? Please check thread and refresh your memory.  Don't come here  and throw shit at me .  

Was not trying to throw shit at you, Tipsy.

You said "I don't care what other 50 thinks" - that was what I was referring to when I asked you why you don't care. I wasn't insinuating anything else. 

1 minute ago, bell reavue said:

Was not trying to throw shit at you, Tipsy.

You said "I don't care what other 50 thinks" - that was what I was referring to when I asked you why you don't care. I wasn't insinuating anything else. 

It was a metaphor, I don't care because there is no pleasing. Add any new map, they cry. What is the problem with newly added map decay? Ppl are down voting it too. Same with baserace. They want "new" maps nobody wants to play or learn , like mesh's suggestion "house".

Maps are added only by suggestion and mostly are repeated because players are aware of those maps. I said many times I say it again , there is no map to please majority. 

@tipsy When was last time you played jay1? Maybe you need to come back and see that everyone on the server is getting very tired of this rotation. I thought the rotation also was supposed to change every 3-4 weeks? But we only see 1-2 maps (if we’re lucky) , maybe every few months? 

Every map in ET works for the most part (except the ones with performance issues) I’ve played on plenty of servers since almost game release. I feel like we’re trying to please a certain few rather than the community which is more important than a “few people” 

Edited by bLade.
  • Like 1

• WhiteWidow changed the title to JAYMODE 1 MAPS ROTATION SUGGESTION