Minecraft Skills reset

Midnight

I'll look into it, no promises. If the data got corrupted or overwritten (for some reason) when I had to kill the server last night, then everyone is SOL because I hadn't made a back-up in a long time since it hadn't been an issue before the last server migration.

Also, people, stop spawning ghasts outside of the nether....it causes a memory leak...When I got on to check it last night it was at 90% RAM usage...which is bad...I don't know if that's a problem with the game or CraftBukkit (probably the latter) but that's no bueno....

The server has been sketchy lately with increased traffic, I just got on to check it and it was sitting at 75% RAM use which means we must have had quite a bit of people on earlier today...it doesn't seem to like to handle more than 8-10 people at once lately. and the usage doesn't go down after they leave. Starting to suspect it  could have something to do with the size of the map but I have doubts since after a server restart it goes down to below 30% until someone joins....

Edited by GI-JOE

I'll look into it, no promises. If the data got corrupted then everyone is SOL

Also, people, stop spawning ghasts outside of the nether....it causes a memory leak...When I got on to check it last night it was at 90% RAM usage...which is bad...I don't know if that's a problem with the game or CraftBukkit (probably the latter) but that's no bueno....

The server has been sketchy lately with increased traffic, I just got on to check it and it was sitting at 75% RAM use which means we must have had quite a bit of people on earlier today...it doesn't seem to like to handle more than 8-10 people at once lately. and the usage doesn't go down after they leave. Starting to suspect it  could have something to do with the size of the map but I have doubts since after a server restart it goes down to below 30% until someone joins....

There were 11 people on at one point while I was on today..

I'll look into it, no promises. If the data got corrupted or overwritten (for some reason) when I had to kill the server last night, then everyone is SOL because I hadn't made a back-up in a long time since it hadn't been an issue before the last server migration.

Well more people is a good thing and I thought is what we  are trying to achieve.  So I have mixed feelings about this. Also I noticed yesterday the it said I was flying north, but the numbers were decreasing, suggesting I was going backwards.

Well more people is a good thing and I thought is what we  are trying to achieve.  So I have mixed feelings about this. Also I noticed yesterday the it said I was flying north, but the numbers were decreasing, suggesting I was going backwards.

Yes that is what we are trying to achieve, and it is a good thing...never said it wasn't. I'm just saying lately the server hasn't been handling the load as well as it used to, then again we rarely get more than 11 people on at a time...so as far as I know it's always been this way.

As far as stats go, I don't see that the file was overwritten, but stats for some players seem to have reset and I have no idea why or how to fix it without a backup.

Also after thinking about it the Ram spikes could be coming from anything....I am probably going to end up having to go through all the plugins one by one again and find the one that's causing it...fun fun...

Edited by GI-JOE

I only had about three hundred mining, and even that going away was noticable.

And what was it that made the server do this whole thing anyway?

(Also thanks for the hard work Joe, I give you a virtual pat on the back)

There have been three times the server has crashed that I know of. All for primarily the same reason: Spawning a ghast outside of the Nether. 

The first two times the ghast was spawned in a large area where it had room to move, but people went inside of it and we thought that walking inside the ghast was what caused the crash.

This last time ( :sorry ) the ghast was spawned a small area (due to a malfunction with the Nether portal and wanting to show a newb what enemies he was up against) and crashed the server.

Hence Joe's remark about no more spawning ghasts.

• Like 1

my 1337 mining skillz!! had the highest on the server :(

Um I think Soul and I had the highest, because we are mining fiends. He needs his gold and I need my lapis. It's like a drug. Plus I know a way to reset your skills if you really want them. But I'll have to check with Joe to make sure it's okay. Is this Nutcracker or Klink?