Smacking a child. Yes or no?

WeetBix KiD

The violence should be the last way to use, imo. But if the kid really doesn't understand that what he's doing is bad, a little smack doesn't hurt so much.

An other solution is : don't make children and avoid all those problems :P

• Like 3

I say totally no. I have 2 kids. Btw here it is also criminalized to physically abuse children anyway.

Masa_1964

Nobody said physically abuse, we said physically discipline :P This only has to be a slap on the top of the wrist or on the ass.. I'm TOTALLY against physical abuse towards children. But controlled and mild discipline can be beneficial :)

I never got a spanking from my parents...but they always find a good way to punish me...like taking my door off cause I use to slam it often...once I came back after school, no more door room lol....or my mom use to take my gadjets away...it was a good way to punish me. I do the same to my boys...when they are punished is 1 or 2 weeks without gaming...and trust me it works ;) you dont need to spank your child to punish them...theres alots of methods without using violence.

• Like 1

People seem to confuse the term 'violence' with 'physical contact'. Slapping your kid's ass as a genuine act of discipline, NOT because you're angry and can't control yourself, is NOT violence.

• Like 1

Oh god... *remembers childhood* I think I cried LOADS every few days because my dad liked to punch me a lot when I was annoying or whatever else.

I remember one time when my brother threw a hair brush on my eye and I started crying and my dad heard us fighting so he came running upstairs and just punched me while I was already crying and in a lot of pain and he didn't do anything to my brother -.- This still makes me cry thinking about it.

I had a black eye for 2 weeks after that

It wasn't just a spank on the ass.... it was damn painful, trust me... if a big tall man of 2 meters punches you it hurts a lot...

But, I love him a lot though :] He's 9999times better than all the "hitler" boyfriends my mom has had, yes I call her ex boyfriends hitler 1 and 2 lol

Oh god... *remembers childhood* I think I cried LOADS every few days because my dad liked to punch me a lot when I was annoying or whatever else.

I remember one time when my brother threw a hair brush on my eye and I started crying and my dad heard us fighting so he came running upstairs and just punched me while I was already crying and in a lot of pain and he didn't do anything to my brother -.- This still makes me cry thinking about it.

I had a black eye for 2 weeks after that

It wasn't just a spank on the ass.... it was damn painful, trust me... if a big tall man of 2 meters punches you it hurts a lot...

But, I love him a lot though :] He's 9999times better than all the "hitler" boyfriends my mom has had, yes I call her ex boyfriends hitler 1 and 2 lol

That shit is just disgusting. That's not 'smacking a child' as referred to in this topic. That's not discipline.. Thats total lack of respect or self-control. Thats pig-headedness, and outright disgraceful behaviour. I know people who had the same thing.. f***ing disgusting.

• Like 4

That shit is just disgusting. That's not 'smacking a child' as referred to in this topic. That's not discipline.. Thats total lack of respect or self-control. Thats pig-headedness, and outright disgraceful behaviour. I know people who had the same thing.. f***ing disgusting.

Atleast it stopped after my parents seperated... guess that was the only positive thing about them seperating lol

Atleast it stopped after my parents seperated... guess that was the only positive thing about them seperating lol

Indeed, a poor relationship can fuel such things.. But it's no excuse. I'm glad you still have a good relationship with your father though. It doesn't make anything he did right, but I would say as long as you both still love eachother, having a relationship and putting that stuff in the past is definitely the best option providing it's fine with both of you.

All I can say is I hope he regrets it >.<

Indeed, a poor relationship can fuel such things.. But it's no excuse. I'm glad you still have a good relationship with your father though. It doesn't make anything he did right, but I would say as long as you both still love eachother, having a relationship and putting that stuff in the past is definitely the best option providing it's fine with both of you.

All I can say is I hope he regrets it >.<

Sometimes he did come back to my room to say sorry though, but not always

I dnno if he regrets all that lol, maybe, who knows hehe

I never really got beat, maybe I did, cant remember well, but being told off was bad. NEVER did bad things around my father. I feel that physical punishment, with it being controlled, is good. Too many kids are so freakin spoiled today. Cell phone in 3rd grade!? Give me a break.

I remember one time, i tossed a tennis ball against the ground very lightly...it bounced off the window...that window was huge, like 10ft wide and 4ft tall...it completely shattered. I thought i was going to be hung >.< I was 5! Didnt even know how I did that..wasnt even out of anger or w/e, total accident