Pope says: Gay marriage threatens humanity’s future

nani*

Pope Benedict XVI denounced gay marriage in his annual “State of the World” address Monday, going so far as to say the same-sex nuptials threaten the future of humanity.

In the speech, the pope, 84, unleashed what some consider being his strongest tirade against gay marriage, saying it is among conventions that “undermine the family” and “threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself,” Reuters reported.

“Pride of place goes to the family, based on the marriage of a man and woman,” the pontiff said.

“This is not a simple convention, but rather the fundamental cell of every society,” he continued.

“Consequently, policies which undermine the family threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself.”

The pope also condemned laws that “not only permit but at times even promote abortion for reasons of convenience or for questionable medical motives.”

The annual address was delivered to an audience of Vatican diplomats from nearly 180 countries.

And i say: a turtle moves more in the time that the church ... regrettable.

Not one of the commandments says 'Love your neighbor as yourself'? There are so many things that the church has contradicted herself throughout the story ... In the century in which we are, and think that today we have to see or hear these things, is a throwback in time.

A.) Coming from a religion where priests have bum-fun with little boys for centuries, the irony was clearly lost on him and he took "turn the other cheek" a little too far

B.) The old fart is so far stuck up his own arse he can't even tell that religion will undermine the future if he keeps being a cry-baby. Someone !mute, !spank and !ban the pope from making these ignorant comments.

That's one of the major problems with like every religion. You're believing in something that didn't even exsist but everybody - in their point of view - got to follow that blindnes. If you're not covered by the holy book, the paper roll or what ever you're just one of the bad guys.

Once more I'm proud that I don't confess to any religion in this world an never will do so.

Don't take any offense in this personally if you - the reader of this post - are religious but sometimes I think everybody going to church, temple, mosque et cetera just tries to flee reality to some weirdo fantasy.

Let's get married now!

Ok , so wait i should propose before .... erh erh erh

Alex *bend on knee* You are my light in this dark tunnel called Life, U make me smile. I think of u when i go sleep and when i wake up ...I love your smile ,and they way u hide when u feels shy. I can talk with you about everything is in my mind,and u will never criticize me , oh well only for smoking ...

Alex R D D WILL YOU MARRY ME ? <3

Ok , so wait i should propose before .... erh erh erh

Alex *bend on knee* You are my light in this dark tunnel called Life, U make me smile. I think of u when i go sleep and when i wake up ...I love your smile ,and they way u hide when u feels shy. I can talk with you about everything is in my mind,and u will never criticize me , oh well only for smoking ...

Alex R D D WILL YOU MARRY ME ? <3

So romantic <3

Yes! I will marry you :] *cries tears of happiness*

I'm not the Catholic expert, but I was under the impression that this was always the Church's belief?

I think it's anchored in any religion you'll find on this planet. To be a good human you've gotta marry the opposite sex.

I'm not the Catholic expert, but I was under the impression that this was always the Church's belief?

No, its pretty new.

I studied Religious education for 3 years.

The catholic view is that its OK as long as you don't do homosexual activities, b/c of quotes taken out of context.

They accept homosexuality as a concept, but not as an act, they will not allow any gay priests either.

Now... When in get into evangelical territory, that's a different story altogether ("burn all heretics" sound familiar?"

But liberal prots. are the most liberal.

@Alex Only 2 words, respect and tolerance. I don't care if you're not catholic or buddhist, just learn to respect.

10 years after gay marriage, the population will be reduced, how homosexuals can have children?, no offense, but gradually the population will be affected by this, I imagine that is what the Pope is concerned.