Pope says: Gay marriage threatens humanity’s future

nani*

I think when people start taking faith (any, not strictly Christianism) and church (also any) as the same thing, with all the hateful and discriminative ideas it might bring with it, problems tend to show up. Haters gonna hate, people shouldn't let themselves get dragged into it.

to be honest: I know a dude who's father is gay, don't ask me if he's gay because I'm not sure about that. So it's still a possibility

some gay people can't accept they are gay.

I'm just throwing out another possibility, and from what Kami has suggested, it is very difficult/unlikely that a person can just disobey their genes.

Um, No. Have you ever even read the bible?

Anyway -- This is a religious leader, and Religion does NOT belong on the forums, and this is pretty religious, from all the comments and the article, So this shouldnt even be on the forums. --

Actually, i think you will agree that the Bible can be so heavily misquoted, paraphrased and taken out of context that it may be different in different countries according to their national/local religious authority/leader. It is likely that things will have changed since when I studied it (2-3 years ago) but since I went to a Catholic school, you'd be hard pressed to disagree.

EDIT: To avoid further spam, I would like to say that the Pope was probably being "metaphorical" when he spews stuff about "humanity's future", etc, etc - like most of the BIble.

Anyway -- This is a religious leader, and Religion does NOT belong on the forums, and this is pretty religious, from all the comments and the article, So this shouldnt even be on the forums. --

I agree. Please ban the pope, ask him to end himself as well as die in a fire, and we'll be all set :)

• Like 1

I agree. Please ban the pope, ask him to end himself as well as die in a fire, and we'll be all set :)

yep, fire is a solution for everything (even for ponies)

kill-it-with-fire-motivator.jpg

Their is also a point that no one has mentioned yet and it is rarely talked about except in growth & development college level studies.

Most young boy's first sexual encounters are same sex. Whether actual homosexual intercourse or mutual masturbation, this may play a factor in later life relationships.

One of the problems here is that you are trying to mesh science & religion and it has NEVER had a happy ending.

LOL what do you have against ponies bro? LOLOLOL

nothing, I even have a favourite (my little) pony: SPIKE

but anyway: this is dam off topic

back on topic: :gay

I'm actually quite surprised that so many people here are so surprised over this. For example, we had slavery for centuries. (Not just counting the enslavement for Africans, but also the Romans and others.) Furthermore, gay marriage is a concept that's about 10 years old and quite possibly as controversial as abortion. Did all of you really expect that when gay marriage was allowed, everybody would just walk side by side accepting eachothers wishes and believes? Of course not.

Now don't get me wrong, I am 100% okay with gay people getting married. However, I doubt that anyone here seriously believed that an 84 year old devoted Christian was really going to just change his mind about something that has been pushed into his brain for quite possibly, 84 years. Acceptance is a proces. An important proces, but most importantly it's a proces that takes TIME. Honestly, I wouldn't ever expect full acceptance of homosexuals. It'll always be seen as something unnatural or even wrong. We still have racism and have had it for ten thousands of years, so why would you even begin to expect that Gay people will be treated any better?

I do have to make a statement though, it's probably been said a milion times already, but that is that I'm against "gay marriage." Not against gay people getting married, but against the label. Marriage should be a commitment between two people that love eachother. We shouldn't have regular marriage for straight people and then gay marriage for gay people. Because that way, we will ALWAYS emphasize the differences between people, when we should we looking at what brings us together.

And that was my rant at 2:20 am...

What I dont agree with (nor understand) Is that MaKy and I can go to any church here, of any religion and get married. We dont have to believe in that faith to be married "in the eyes of god".

We can also have a "civial" ceremony that is not religious at all, yet still in the eyes of the law, be legally married. That is all the gay population want. Is to have their relationship noticed legally. To be able to legally get married.

I'm not sure what to say really, this new comment from the Pope is just down right stupid. We are in the year 2012, why can't we live whatever way we want? We have the right to choose who we want to live our lives with whether it's with someone of the same sex or not. Anyone who is hatred towards a gay person who is marrying someone of the same sex doesn't deserve to be living imo, I mean it's their choice what they want to do with their life, they can marry who they want just like us. I noticed in America, not every state has same-sex marriage laws still and that sucks I know. It should be allowed in every state and country in my opinion and no matter what the Pope says, they can do as they please.

The Pope is worried about Catholic attendance in church and Catholic families having as many kids as they can to, "make more Catholics". In a nutshell gay's don't normally have large families and don't attend Catholic churches so they are a great scapegoats

for the Catholic Churches and the Worlds problems, from the Catholics point of view.

Also yes negative gay stomping has been a catholic thing since "God" supposedly destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.

For the record I believe in God and Jesus but I don't believe in any churches religion.