ET Server Suggestion FA ET:Legacy suggestions

Valk

I assume suggestions are welcomed, thought I'd throw mine into the hat. 

I was always kind of against legacy, just didn't sit right for me, and some bits I am still adjusting too, probably the same for a lot of others, as I play ETPro more and have done. But playing on the F|A legacy yesterday throughout, it's not bad. I did notice that there aren't any skills, and I know for scrims that's good but for pubs, maybe not. Even if you had level 1 on all stats, but make it so it's not easily achievable, for example, have light weapons level 1 and have the required xp set to 100/120.

Also some maps are a bit far fetched, looking at TM and their legacy server, they have the standard maps you'd find on an ETPro public server, not saying to copy but would be nice. 

• Like 6

Since Valk already started a topic i will just put my 2 cents in here aswell.

I personally really enjoy the "scrimlike" settings skillwise leading to a more obj and teamplay focused playstyle. More tapouts, playing around limited ammo, adding a field ops in crucial spots when multiple mags for medics are needed etc.

Sadly i wasnt able to join in earlier yesterday so was just playing some 3vs3 at max at the end of the day. Therefore i cant say if the gameplay was still objective and teamplay focused when the server was much more crowed earlier and if its even the direction admins want that server to go.

Edited by Infiltrate
  • Like 3
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, Infiltrate said:

I personally really enjoy the "scrimlike" settings skillwise leading to a more obj and teamplay focused playstyle. More tapouts, playing around limited ammo, adding a field ops in crucial spots when multiple mags for medics are needed etc.

+1

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was thinking about it a lot recently.

Since ETPro oriented players are not usually here I decided to take some feedback from people by myself while on server. Usually they like server, it's settings, mapvoting and maps avalivable to vote but main discussion is always about skills. After observing, talking and listening to people I have come to the following conclusions:

1. People who likes competetive skills settings are usually on server once in a while. Except rare cases, most of them if they wanna play competetive gameplay then they are choosing scrims or play in Weekly 3vs3 (here, if you are interested) but not visiting our server anyway. Most people who were praising comp settings are not back or are back on very rare occasions.

2. Allowing adrenaline is not an option. People hate it.

3. Gaining skills levels is a goal - it should increase people time on server. Personally I would allow people to it but keep it stored only at the time they are on server. Disconnect = losing skills levels and after connecting to server fun starts from the beginning.

We need to remember it's public server - we never gonna satisfy everyone but we should listen to what most people have to say. We need to balance competition with voice of people somehow. I think enabling skills upgrade is that compromise.

• Like 4
  • 100 1

Enabling the skills is a good idea, in its own way it forces peeps to stay a bit longer and up their skill levels, some people (like me) like to up skills and obtain faster reloads and some like 2 pistols, f ops wise 2 or above gives much faster strike recharges, or meds who can heal 100% rather than the 50% they get @ lvl 0 etc etc etc. Many pro servers allow skill upgrades, not so much in scrims but its ETL on map votes.

As stated certainly doesn't have to be XP save but adding skills would help IMHO bring in a few more and maybe make others feel they want to stay a bit longer to up their skills before they leave and its wiped out.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2

From the early days of Enemy Territory, before XP save became widespread, I remember XP and Skill Levels being transferred from map to map inside a campaign cycle, but then being reset when a new campaign cycle started. Taking the two original campaigns (Europe [Würzburg, Rail Gun, Fuel Dump] and Africa [Siwa Oasis, Battery, Goldrush]) this meant that XP and Skill Levels were transferred from Würzburg Radar over Rail Gun to Fuel Dump and when Fuel Dump was finished and the Africa campaign cycle started, all the accumulated XP and Skill levels were wiped out and all players were back to square one for Siwa Oasis and the other African maps.

I always took a liking to that system as even if you did not win a map, as long as you managed to farm XP for skill levels (e.g. reaching Engineer level 3 or 4), you knew you would have an easier time next map.

Maybe this would be an option for the server as well? It would make it necessary to group different maps together to campaigns, but this could add a distinct flavor to the server as well.

• Like 3

• Inactive Member

I agree with all tbh.

I dont go there for xp etc but getting better skill.

But yes this things can help out so little XPS (guess not possible for campign here)

but maybe like 8 to 24hours would call more players to play - some for better skills and some for XP satisfactions.

In both scenarios good for server, I think atleast its worth try.

• Like 2

I love no skills, it is very rare to find a server, never mind a legacy one that has these settings in public gameplay. It separates the server and appeals to many players like myself, people who I know (not on this forum) really enjoy the setting too.

Its a new server, people are still only just finding out about it, i genuinely believe that if we keep going on this trajectory, it can become a mainstay of players.

No matter what people think, want to believe and hope for, unfortunately ET is a dead game with a dwindling player base apart from the old school nerds like us 😄 so all you are doing is moving old players around from one server to another. There is already many servers that offer the skills upgrade, i think that this server needs to remain different and unique compared to everything else.

You will notice as soon as you have 3v3 on the server it fills up fast, people people want a legacy server, where they are playing against real players not bots, friday nights is always a blast from 6-10 :)

15 hours ago, Lt Steiner said:

From the early days of Enemy Territory, before XP save became widespread, I remember XP and Skill Levels being transferred from map to map inside a campaign cycle, but then being reset when a new campaign cycle started. Taking the two original campaigns (Europe [Würzburg, Rail Gun, Fuel Dump] and Africa [Siwa Oasis, Battery, Goldrush]) this meant that XP and Skill Levels were transferred from Würzburg Radar over Rail Gun to Fuel Dump and when Fuel Dump was finished and the Africa campaign cycle started, all the accumulated XP and Skill levels were wiped out and all players were back to square one for Siwa Oasis and the other African maps.

Muppets have a server set up exactly like this, its a good fun idea but I have never seen a single player on it when i have joined or looked at the player history logs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 1

Hello there lads!

my 2 cents about ingame skill lvls:
- i like it with no lvls gained but i'm used to it

- can be ok with max lvl 2 gained across the board (not 3, to be just a touch more "friendly") and logging out makes it reset ,  something like exp needed for lvl 3 is 1.21 Gigowatt worth of XP  (<--- if you get the reference i love you)

- if we're going for full 4 lvls , adrenaline excluded from the equation, there's need of a reset that is not just the logging out, 

expecially if the playerbase is not only made up by ex etpro players can be a bit rough to start playing with 0 lvls VS a 4 star everything;

old etpro servers had campaign cycle, as pointed out by Steiner, lets say 10 maps and xp is gone (an avg of 10/15 mins per map makes it like 2 hrs or so) , Nexus and Hirntot server comes to mind

If we want to involve more and more players and have a more "friendly" server than we can think the other way round:

give lvl 4 across the board with 1xp , that boils down to a mere mod preference... doublejump, loads of weapons, poison, foot kicks, HITBOXES etc..

Anyway at the state of the art this is something that differ this server from others, it's a bit harder about the human skills requirement but more focused on teamplay, and there's a voice channel on discord that can help the gameplay

(ps. this could lead to an easyer players management....less whining)

image.thumb.png.980908f85f20e240c3198e103732bc14.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • 100 1

I've stated it before and I am still 100% with ASBO here. The current server settings are giving this server a unqiue selling point and attract quite a different clientele from the other F|A servers, mainly being somewhat higher skilled players interested in some teamplay focused pub gameplay.

Eventhough this server is quite new we already have a higher regular basis than several other F|A server, including active ETLegacy scrim players aswell as a few former etpro guys up to even some well known etpro tournament guys. In my opinion, this server has made a great start so far.
At the moment everybody starts the game on equal terms and difference arise solely from teamplay, good communication, knowledge and of course skill. For my part this is as fair as it can get. Furthermore, so far, I have not come across any players who had problems changing teams in order to guarantee more exciting, fairer or closer games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 1

14 minutes ago, Infiltrate said:

I've stated it before and I am still 100% with ASBO here. The current server settings are giving this server a unqiue selling point and attract quite a different clientele from the other F|A servers, mainly being somewhat higher skilled players interested in some teamplay focused pub gameplay.

Eventhough this server is quite new we already have a higher regular basis than several other F|A server, including active ETLegacy scrim players aswell as a few former etpro guys up to even some well known etpro tournament guys. In my opinion, this server has made a great start so far.
At the moment everybody starts the game on equal terms and difference arise solely from teamplay, good communication, knowledge and of course skill. For my part this is as fair as it can get. Furthermore, so far, I have not come across any players who had problems changing teams in order to guarantee more exciting, fairer or closer games.

I suppose if no lvls is a unique point and why some or most currently come to the server then as always "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" springs to mind.

I'm happy either way if i'm honest but i suppose one could certainly argue that the ETL server has only been up a very short time as it currently is and only just getting known...... so give it time as is and tweak if needs be if you struggling for players?

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

• Leader
On 8/3/2022 at 9:00 AM, LarrY said:

1.21 Gigowatt worth of XP  (<--- if you get the reference i love you)

1737158019_Vice-RedB-OffTopicEMOJI220610.png.6f84dcfda940958d3c1604f62a0d61f3.png  I am so sorry that you can never love me.  :(  I had not noticed that 'glitch' the first time that I saw it!  😆

• Administrators

Personal choice skill level 0 BUT from avg. players, perspective, they might want incentive for playing 3 hours. That might help server as well. 

We can run server poll i.e. vote during in-game server - like we do for maps. Will that help? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, daredevil said:

We can run server poll i.e. vote during in-game server - like we do for maps. Will that help? 

If poll in game is possible then for me it's excellent idea.

I'm personally for skills lvl0 as well, but I'm trying to look at it from wider perspective.

• 100 2