New Monitor Config changes

ASBO

u can read alot in to the game ..

but its really all in personal preference.

that math mike posted seems right. but only works if server lets u. and for me anything over 125 is really pointless. its not magic tho your not going to all the sudden be sum uber eter . by getting higher stable fps. hell  mirror only used 43 fps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HarryAimpotter said:

Ok, then explain this. 

Video is done in FA BEG2

See left it a bit longer and others answered for me. 😄

Your video just enforces what i've been telling peeps for many years, i've mentioned it in a good few threads on here over those years that 125 is pretty much the best you can hope for in ET with your jump arc. ET can not process more than 125 calculations/second, as a result the jump arc of the engine deteriorates once you go beyond 125,,,,,,Sure we can have 144FPS to match our monitor refresh or 166 and 333 but 125 is pretty much the peak arc for the game engine, has been for years and you have to remember that 18+ years ago 125FPS was more or less unheard of and like the holy grail on our 9800 and 4200ti graphics cards 😄

As Captnconcrete says anything over 125 is pointless, can argue the finer points all day long but your jump arcs are fixed to the FPS with 125 being the "peak" for jump height and length, your video shows a good example of the arc degradation when you do go over 125.

• Love 1

On 8/22/2021 at 9:35 PM, Snuffs99 said:

ET can not process more than 125 calculations/second

Do you have a source for this?

your jump arcs are fixed to the FPS with 125 being the "peak" for jump height

333 is the max height for servers not using g_fixedPhysicsFps as per the video I posted in my other reply. Where have you found this information? I'm trying to look into it more but what you've said contradicts what I've found.

10 minutes ago, ElEl said:

333 is the max height for servers not using g_fixedPhysicsFps as per the video I posted in my other reply. Where have you found this information? I'm trying to look into it more but what you've said contradicts what I've found.

on a test server at bunker  i could pull 500 fps solid before it goes connection interrupt.with 0 players tho i was bymy self. but like i said before thats way to high in et 125 anything else is just pointless. i used to have the videos and screenshots saved here of it.  but they disappeared.lol

53 minutes ago, ElEl said:

I'll try and find the video that explains the quake engine fps arcs, it was a long time ago that i watched it but it was specific to the quake 3 engine

Think this explains the FPS limits etc quite well but iv'e seen another (i'll try and find) which also talks about how and why the strafe in Q3 allows you to get faster and faster depending on the way you move while running.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

Think this explains it.

It explains that 333 is the max jump height. It's the same video I posted in this post

It doesn't explain what you said here though:

ET can not process more than 125 calculations/second

Where did you find this???

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ElEl said:

It explains that 333 is the max jump height. It's the same video I posted in this post

It doesn't explain what you said here though:

Where did you find this???

That video says as much mate, he mentions the calculations per second as he explains.

Think from 3:10 onwards he explains.

So i understand it as saying that on the internet although 333 IS the game engines max height your limited by the maximum 125 calculation per seconds (maxpackets),,,,as a result 125fps is the best to use in the Q3 engine online?? Yet on a LAN you could use 333 with better results as you don't have the 125 max packet limit.?

I also noticed in your post above you have given a good example of having g_fixedphysicsFPS turned on server side.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

So i understand it as saying that on the internet although 333 IS the game engines max height your limited by the maximum 125 calculation per seconds (maxpackets),,,,as a result 125fps is the best to use in the Q3 engine online?? Yet on a LAN you could use 333 with better results as you don't have the 125 max packet limit.?

I think ET differs in that cl_maxpackets has a maximum value of 100. So I guess this shows that the video has no relevance in regards to maxpackets for ET?

I tested on the test server and there's a clear height difference with g_setphysicsFPS 125 and 333. With 333 you can jump higher, not by much but it is higher. Next time supply depot is on Jay2 I'll be sure to test if the server has that setting on.

I'm not sure why beginner's #2 wouldn't have it on, seems daft not to in my opinion. Is that where you recorded that video on pirates @HarryAimpotter

I just tested it on Jay1 and Jay2 with 85, 100, 125, 250 fps and the box jump from my video is possible on both servers with those FPS values => both servers have g_fixedPhysicsFPS 125.