Anime, Manga/Manhwa/Manhua, LNs

Raziel

As probably anyone who visited my profile or talked to me for 10 minutes has already suspected, I'm a pretty big fan of most of the things listed above.

I think I really got into it from 2013 onwards. I don't know what my first anime was that I recognised a such (probably Naruto or One Piece), but I remember distinctly how a friend introduced me to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I dropped it after three episodes because I found it very boring. When I picked it up again later (after watching more "newbie-friendly" titles like Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood), it quickly grew to become my favourite anime.

I started reading manga because Naruto Shippuuden was plagued with filler episodes and I got impatient for story continuation. Since reading is usually faster than watching for me, I started to read more manga as more anime series had no continuation.

The only light novel series I've read to this day is the Suzumiya Haruhi series. Yes, I am a huge Haruhi fan.

Manhwa and manhua, the Korean and Chinese counterparts to Japanese manga, were the latest related media I got to know. I think Solo Leveling was my first manhwa 

and Tales of Demons and Gods my first manhua.

Nowadays, I still try to expand my horizons in terms of genres and keep my watching and reading experience as diverse as possible. I tend to avoid most seasonals and instead watch whatever show strikes my fancy.

What I love the most about anime and manga is how diverse and vast the stories can be. You can probably find any kind of story here, be it about time-travel; superheroes; giant robots; high school volleyball; man-eating giants; rapping samurai; someone getting reincarnated in another world (again); pirates who can't swim; or tank-driving high school girls. 

So, in a nutshell:

My favourite anime: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

My favourite anime movie. Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu

My favourite manga: A bunch, but Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu is the only series of which I have physical copies

My favourite manhwa: Peerless Dad

What I'm currently watching: Boku no Hero Academia s5; Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san; and, most notably, the last installment of the Monogatari series, Zoku Owarimonogatari.

For a more detailed view of what I've watched and read, what I plan to watch and read, and how I think about it: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RD1042

So feel free to share your favourite titles here, discuss what you've recently watched or read, and give recommendations if asked for. Or maybe you don't like this stuff at all, stopped consuming it for a reason, or are curious about it but don't know where to start? 

I'm looking forward to seeing all kinds of positions towards this hobby of mine. Just keep it civilised ;)

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

I am manga/anime lover as well. 

My fav anime: Inuyasha ❤️, Death Note, nearly all Miyazaki/Ghibli workshop (Totoro, Sprited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Panda Kopanda and ect), allRurouni Kenshin series (Samurai X), classical Ghost in the Shell/Akira, and all qute not amime stuffs like Pui Pui Molcar (yes I am that insane! 🤣).. 

Can watch Cowboy Bebop, romantic  things like: OreGairu,  Melancholy,

sometimes some pantsu related funny weird shits or something meanless... XDD  

I dont know difference between manwha and manga :( So I guess I love everything what related to anime, (as I mention above). I read only Inuyasha manga - but its really big!

Manga is the way to know much more then showed and told in anime series... 

As you see I am amature anime lover indeed.

Edited by Nancy
Pui pui is not anime at all XDDD
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • 100 2

19 minutes ago, Nancy said:

I am manga/anime lover as well. 

My fav anime: Inuyasha ❤️, Death Note, nearly all Miyazaki/Ghibli workshop (Totoro, Sprited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Panda Kopanda and ect), allRurouni Kenshin series (Samurai X), classical Ghost in the Shell/Akira, and Pui Pui Molcar (yes I am that insane! 🤣).. 

Can watch Cowboy Bebop, romantic  OreGairu,  Melancholy,

sometimes even pantsu related weird things or something funny... XDD  

I dont know difference between manwha and manga :( So I guess I love everything what related to anime, I mention above. I read only Inuyasha manga - but it big!

Manga is the way to know much more then showed and told in anime series... 

As you see I am amature anime lover indeed

Again, manhwa are Korean manga. They look like this, read from left to right and top to bottom:

Solo Leveling Chapter 1 Page 1

You've watched a bunch of old ones I haven't watched. Inuyasha and Kenshin are titles I obvioulsy know about, but haven't watched at all. I plan to watch Ghost in the Shell, and can agree on how influential Akira is (though I still have to read the manga). Still trying to get around to watch all the Ghibli movies, but they require a certain mood for me. Kaze no Tani no Nauscaä (Miyazaki wrote and drew it iirc) is definitely one of the best mangas I've read (a friend of mine was so kind to let me borrow his collector's edition of it):

51wF1FgwkxL._SX419_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

I've seen and read many different anime and manga, but here is an extract of some of the best.

Also, for anime, like for every other movies or shows, it's always better to watch them in VO with subtitles ^_^

Manhwa

> Noblesse

> The Breaker

> Solo Leveling

Manga (mostly Shonen)

> One Piece

> Death Note

> Fullmetal Alchemist

> Attack On Titan

> Bleach

> D.Gray-man

> One Punch-Man

> Beelzebub

> Gintama

> Prison School

> GTO

I don't watch many anime movies, but I've seen all of Miyazaki's work of course 😇

And my favorite one is Spirited Away ❤️

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, Cross Marian said:

> Fullmetal Alchemist

> Bleach

damm i forgot this twoo!!!!

and my fav schizoid anime: Paprika

Edited by Nancy
  • Like 1

Yu-Gi-Oh !! I think I have all the episodes and all the books :) 

I like Parasite too in books

And for the movies I remember Ghost in the shell, Piano Forest, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Grave of the Fireflies, From Up on Poppy Hill, all the movies from Studio Ghibli in fact especially the ones by Miyazaki

2 hours ago, Cross Marian said:

And my favorite one is Spirited Away ❤️

I can't tell what's my favorite, every of thoses movies bring you in a wonderful universe

The first one I watched was Porco Rosso

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DeKing said:

Grave of the Fireflies

Porco Rosso

"Gave" is very sad anime indeed. 

In porco Rosso Miyazaki drew.... himself :)) he was an pilot back in WWII

@Raziel Raz, I am old :))) and I watched and love bunch of old anime 90', even 80' :)) 

Edited by Nancy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

i have moved from anime to manga  after spending a good 10+ years doing nothing but watching anime i once said i would never go over to manga but  afther spending so much time watching anime i came to find i enjoyed the reading more than the watching part 

my anime list and manga list are in my sig if you like to check them out it grows very little now that i do nothing but read manga and  99% of them are ongoing  so they don't see updates  very often

P.S 

i don't really have a  top list anymore i read way to much to have 1 but anime side 

GoSick i don't really need to say much about this one  people like it or hate it i happen to be one of the ones who love it and wish they do more with it 

D.N.Angel  the dark part in my name on must other sites  comes from this anime

Chobits and i really can't talk about my love for anime without bring up one of the very first full  season's i watched this one right here made me fall in love with anime all 3  season will not really 3 season of it  the first season has 26 Episodes and the others only have  1 and  the recap has 1 

Kiba the name i us now comes from this one 

Ai Yori Aoshi  season 1 and 2 were  my top pick for a very long time before i find gosick 

Appleseed XIII was a big fan of almost everything appelseed there for a long time to so it has a spot in my top 10 

Beck i can't really talk about anime without thinking about one of the best music  side animes that i ever seen this one and my next pick

NANA this one made me sad it was one of the first reason's i picked up manga  you will have to watch it to understand what i'm talking about  and if you do plz go read the manga 

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge if i had picked up the manga before i watched gosick this one would of been in my top 5 for sure but sadly  it didn't get the love that it  deserves so it never got a season 2 like it should have 

Clannad i was going to leave this one out  because i watched this in the wrong order so i didn't really get to enjoy season 2 like i should have so for you who do not know you watch season 1 then the movie then season 2 this anime was  also the first anime to make me cry so it has to have a spot in my top 10 for sure  

honorable mentions

Claymore this one should of made my top 10 but there just way to many to pick from to be in my top 10  so it didn't make it over some of the others  that i have watched more then once like nana and beck  

Dragon Ball Z this is other one that i would have put in my top 10 to but come on who does not love DBZ 

i have others but i could sit here all day naming  others that should be in my top 10 

i don't really have a top  manga list bc must of them are ongoing and i have no clue if there going to be shitty ending  or not  but one my top pick would have to be 

GHOST DOCTOR 

i have others to but i have to  wait for there updates to get there names so it's to annoying 😛 sorry 

Edited by *Kiba*
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...

Loved Manga growing up and watched many different things over the years.

Few older ones I can remember from 80's,90's

Akira,

Crying Freeman,

Ghost in the shell,

Guyver,

Fist of the North star,

Dragonball,

More recently

Attack on Titan,

One punch Man (highly recommended)

Invincible (American take on anime/manga)

Few others i can't remember off the top of my head.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Naruto (all saga)
Samurai x
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dragon Ball Z
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
Hunter x Hunter
Steins Gate
ToraDora
Your Name
Haikyu ( you HAVE to watch this one)
Bleach
Attack on Titan 
Monster (this is so amazing that hurts)
Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi
Demon Slayer
Berserk
Boku No Hero Academia ( to good to be true)
One Piece (the number ONE)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Yu Yu Hakusho
Fairy Tail
Death Parade
Charlotte

@Cross Marian

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1