My Et is broken again:(

Mushrooms

why not give the masterredirect fix a try its in our download section.

anytime u have a  et problem.. u should run our pak3 cleaner very first thing.its also in our download section . 

if your et worked fine then alsudden u having trouble. dont just reinstall et  ...  fa has a great deal on everykinda issue ull ever encounter.  i mean jeez everytime ur car breaks down u dont just get a new car.lol

• Leader
6 hours ago, Gladiator said:

the frault is not by you the masterlist is broken , it works in ETL

I have ET version 2.60b and tried the server-list function of the et-browser for the first time in years.

From my etconsole.log, // = comments

Resolving etmaster.idsoftware.com
etmaster.idsoftware.com resolved to 198.20.216.55:27951

//CMD=DOS ping 198.20.216.55 gets no return

// "https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/etmaster.idsoftware.com.html" says that it is DOWN
//                                                                           idsoftware.com          is said to be UP
// "https://downinspector.com/check/http://etmaster.idsoftware.com" says DOWN

NOTE:  I found that some "is it up" sites won't accept the "etmaster." part of the 'domain name', but only the 'idsoftware.com' part of it.  The sites seem to just do a Ping command on any real or fake 'domain name' that you might enter into them. 😄 

I wonder if ETL is using that fan-created MasterList that was created several years ago when ID stopped the masterlist server for a while?  I will have to look it up.  I probably have the settings in my ETmain somewhere? :?: 

Well, I found this in a condump from 14 September 2017 

etmaster.idsoftware.com resolved to 192.246.40.60 :27951

It is different from the one that I received today = "198.20.216.55 ". I wonder if that implies that ID changes the server-address from time to time.  I wonder if they changed the IP, but we are no receiving it from idsoftware.com. :?:  I am "full of wonder" today!

Okay, I did find a fan-site with a modified ET.exe, from 2012.  It did not work, although the site and their etmaster IP did respond to dos-pings.

@Gladiator can you check your ETL console when you start the game and see what the master-list IP that ETL is using?

Edited by RedBaird
no joy
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 9:57 PM, Mushrooms said:

Can't load any servers. Uninstalled & redownloaded, still no servers are shown and cant connect with IP adress.
Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

i have the same problem and you can put F|A servers list then you just have to choose the server you like to play

8 hours ago, RedBaird said:

I have ET version 2.60b and tried the server-list function of the et-browser for the first time in years.

From my etconsole.log, // = comments

etmaster.idsoftware.com resolved to 198.20.216.55:27951

//CMD=DOS ping 198.20.216.55 gets no return

// "https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/etmaster.idsoftware.com.html" says that it is DOWN
//                                                                           idsoftware.com          is said to be UP
// "https://downinspector.com/check/http://etmaster.idsoftware.com" says DOWN

NOTE:  I found that some "is it up" sites won't accept the "etmaster." part of the 'domain name', but only the 'idsoftware.com' part of it.  The sites seem to just do a Ping command on any real or fake 'domain name' that you might enter into them. 😄 

I wonder if ETL is using that fan-created MasterList that was created several years ago when ID stopped the masterlist server for a while?  I will have to look it up.  I probably have the settings in my ETmain somewhere? :?: 

Well, I found this in a condump from 14 September 2017 

etmaster.idsoftware.com resolved to 192.246.40.60 :27951

It is different from the one that I received today = "198.20.216.55 ". I wonder if that implies that ID changes the server-address from time to time.  I wonder if they changed the IP, but we are no receiving it from idsoftware.com. :?:  I am "full of wonder" today!

Okay, I did find a fan-site with a modified ET.exe, from 2012.  It did not work, although the site and their etmaster IP did respond to dos-pings.

@Gladiator can you check your ETL console when you start the game and see what the master-list IP that ETL is using?

Will do asap iam home

MOTD: resolving motd.etlegacy.com... resolved to 5.135.27.11:27951
Updater: resolving update.etlegacy.com... resolved to 5.135.27.11:27951
Requesting servers from the master etmaster.idsoftware.com (198.20.216.55:27950)...
Requesting servers from the master etmaster.idsoftware.com (198.20.216.55:27950)...
Requesting servers from the master master.etlegacy.com (5.135.27.11:27950)...

dunno if that helps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the ip of   masterlist seems to be hardcoded in the exe ,maybee someone can make a fix and add the legacy one too , better would be to make it external  dump it into a txt.file  so u can always change it.

• Like 1

• Leader
10 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

I don't use the server list built into ET but this might be of use to some.

http://etmaster.net/

I cant say it works as ive not tried so feel free to try and let us know.

That is the one that I had found. The modified et.exe that I had downloaded was dated 2012 and does not seem to work, though IP for the masterlist used by it does respond to pings.

11 hours ago, FRANK UK said:

I have the same problem but on my ET main menu screen it has the FA servers already there 😛

That is from a file that FA-servers download to us when we first join one.  It will allow us to connect to FA servers easily, but on my  system it only shows up after I have joined an FA server. :hmm AH, that is not quite true.  If I select a mod, such as Jaymod, it will then show the FA Menu.  I "suspect" that it will not show that FA menu for mods that FA does not use. ??? 

When I first start ET, the standard ET Menu shows up on the top-left of the screen.  Clicking on the "Play Online" tab shows the ET-server-Browser with no servers listed, nor after the FA-menu has appeared.

11 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Requesting servers from the master master.etlegacy.com (5.135.27.11:27950)...

He, He.  I just started my ET 2.60b and clicked on my imcomplete(?) ETLegacy mod and then did a /connect 5.135.27.11.  I was taken to ETL's official server and the serverstatus showed that I was connected with 2.60b.  When I wanted to leave, ETL sent a message that my software was out-of-date and offered to update it for me.   I still couldn't see the ET-Server-List.  I now wonder what I might have done to my ET installation. 😄  

I am not sure that the ETL-server-list can be used with 2.60b, even if  2.60b is recoded to use the ETL service and compiled again.  I suspect that ETL-dev might have a way to prevent non-ETL clients from using their master-list-server.  

• Like 1

when i had to reinstall et back in 2017 lol i did that masterlist fix in fa downloads  and it worked fine it doesnt work now??????? hum maybe ill have to do another install to see whats broken now...maybe pb has something to do with it also.

Edited by captnconcrete

11 hours ago, RedBaird said:

That is from a file that FA-servers download to us when we first join one.  It will allow us to connect to FA servers easily, but on my  system it only shows up after I have joined an FA server. :hmm AH, that is not quite true.  If I select a mod, such as Jaymod, it will then show the FA Menu.  I "suspect" that it will not show that FA menu for mods that FA does not use. ??? 

That can be that.

With ETL I have FA menu only when I select jay or NQ mod, Or after leaving a server running thoses mods.

When I take a condump of my console in home screen it will save in Legacy mod folder, so it load legacy mod when ETL starts

But I'm still able to see the server masterlist

Btw there's no FA menu for silentmod?