My Et is broken again:(

Mushrooms

Allow ET in and out on your firewall???, from the sounds of it its currently blocked, hence not being able to connect even with IP. An uninstall and reinstall wont change firewall settings if its already established a block rule so you will have to enable it manually.

• Like 1

• Leader
4 hours ago, Mushrooms said:

Can't load any servers.

Can you get a Screenshot of any error statements?

If you had just started ET and cannot join any servers, then no mod should have been loaded.  In that case, any type of  ET screenshot that you do should be found in your etmain\screenshots folder.  Uh, /autoscreenshot won't work in that case.  If you do a /screenshot, it will produce a *.tga file in your etmain/screenshots folder.

The SS below is from when I did a "ctrl ~+ to produce a "small console" , where I tested the "/screenshot" command.  That produced a 3,000 kb *.tga file.   The forums would not display it here, but only use it as a downloadable link.  

Here is the method to produce a much smaller *.jpg file from etmain (no mods loaded):  This file was saved as a 153kb "shot0001.jpg" , which is much, much smaller than a 3mb TGA file! 

shot0001.thumb.jpg.9cbfc403b8907183e60ccaf782fb4d9f.jpg

You could also do a "alt-enter" to turn ET into the "Windowed version" and hit the PrintScrn key to copy an image of the desktop into the clipboard.

BTW, I have TGA files in my ETMain/screenshots from 2012 through 2014 that are all 1,407 kb in size.  The three that I did in 2018 are 3,601 kb size.  The one that I just did today is 3,001 kb. :?:  I am wondering if that is because of the different versions of Windows that I was using during those years. :hmm 

I had upgraded this machine from Windows 7 to Win10, soon after the release-date of July 2015, hmmm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Buckwild said:

Try; Start ET, Press Esc, Play Online, Select Source(at top left): Internet...Refresh...

dont work but still abel to enter on server by typing the server but lost xp and level

25 minutes ago, oliveirapt said:

dont work but still abel to enter on server by typing the server but lost xp and level

XP and level are tied to your etkey mate, make sure you have your registered or old etkey otherwise as you see you wont have your XP or level.

Regarding no servers in the list....

Personally i use HLSW to store and to connect to my fav servers.....

However if your wanting to play FA servers you can delete all files starting with z from your ETMain folder and then add the attached .pk3 (FA's own z.pk3) to your ETMain folder......Loading up ET should then display all FA servers on the main menu, so easier to connect to if the server list isn't working.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.pk3

2 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

XP and level are tied to your etkey mate, make sure you have your registered or old etkey otherwise as you see you wont have your XP or level.

Regarding no servers in the list....

Personally i use HLSW to store and to connect to my fav servers.....

However if your wanting to play FA servers you can delete all files starting with z from your ETMain folder and then add the attached .pk3 (FA's own z.pk3) to your ETMain folder......Loading up ET should then display all FA servers on the main menu, so easier to connect to if the server list isn't working.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.pk3 17.43 kB · 1 download

i just lost xp and level i enter et with a neww et key and reinstall et again then put my old et back and lost everything

21 minutes ago, oliveirapt said:

i just lost xp and level i enter et with a neww et key and reinstall et again then put my old et back and lost everything

The key you copied over probably wasn't your real ETKey, if its quite an old ET install then your ETKey would be in

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Punkbuster\ET\etmain

So check that location and see if you have an ETKey there, if so copy that one to your etmain folder.

EDIT***Just remembered that AppData folder is a hidden folder so you will need to turn viewing of hidden folders ON before you can see it.

To turn hidden folders ON:

Open either MyPC or any explorer (folder) window

Click View from the top menu and a ribbon will drop down if its not already showing, tick the box that says Hidden Items and you should then be able to see the AppData folder.

Edited by Snuffs99

32 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

The key you copied over probably wasn't your real ETKey, if its quite an old ET install then your ETKey would be in

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Punkbuster\ET\etmain

So check that location and see if you have an ETKey there, if so copy that one to your etmain folder.

EDIT***Just remembered that AppData folder is a hidden folder so you will need to turn viewing of hidden folders ON before you can see it.

To turn hidden folders ON:

Open either MyPC or any explorer (folder) window

Click View from the top menu and a ribbon will drop down if its not already showing, tick the box that says Hidden Items and you should then be able to see the AppData folder.

totaly empty

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, oliveirapt said:

totaly empty

Sad times then

Just noticed you play beginners 2???..That is silent mod mate which doesn't use your etkey so you will need your silent.dat file from your old silent folder putting in your new one.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

Sad times then

Just noticed you play beginners 2???..That is silent mod mate which doesn't use your etkey so you will need your silent.dat file from your old silent folder putting in your new one.

deleted everything f.....

• Sad 1