ET BEGINNERS #2 beg server 2

oliveirapt

this server i think its time to get more attention the shuffle command all it does is making teams unbalanced most off the time id like to be more helpfull on that part if possibel, maps we r always playing the same maps over and over making people leaving the server please need new solutions , adrenaline to me is another thing thats kills the server please reduce it or disabel mu opinion, bots they r to many on the server and they arent very helpfull too, lags im seeing a lot people lagging even with low ping

ths for your attention best regards oli

• Like 3

Hey Oli, I won't reply to everything as others can do that but there's a few things to mention here:

- Kermit recently just added 2 new maps on the server. You can always suggest new maps for Beg2 on this topic here https://fearless-assassins.com/forums/topic/75785-beginners-2-map-suggestions/page/21/ 

- The only map I see people leave on (including me) is fuel dump, the others seem to be fine.

- With respect, I do not think reducing the amount of bots is a good idea. This has been discussed many times before. It is easy for someone like you who has high KR to think bots are useless but for someone like me, who has bad aim. The bots are there as a way to at least kill something. After all, it's a beginners server.

• Like 6

Thanks for the feedback Oli.

In what way do you think shuffle makes teams unbalanced?

I told you when you play on server a bit longer, get to know on how we do things there and once we see you helping with teams, that I could give you the !putteam command.

I know it is a pain in the ass sometimes, but since you have high kr, we expect you to be more active with team balancing. So I wuggest you look a bit more closely to the balancing of kr/each team and try to balance more, then the command is yours. Also we do not look exact equal teams (weaker team can have 2 more ppl if scores are bad) as it is not possible mostly, but the /scores give you the better idea (kills/deaths for each team) and combined to that the map progression and time left.

By now you should have the hang of the fraggers out there, so if you want to help out, try to balance even more than you do, as you have seen some just dont care and admins are not around always. And if you really want to help, then apply to become an admin there :)

As for others who might wonder why I told this, is that I've known Oli for like 10 years already and we used to be clanmates. There were totally different rules for balanced teams where we played, so I just wanted to show Oli how things are around here and get him to know more about our ways and rules before handing him commands. I know he can handle the command, but ppl on server can sometimes be a bit difficult, so keeping teams fair is a must thing to know first.

About the adre and bots, well I agree on some part on those, but then again as Hitch said, it is a beginners server after all and we have other servers also with different settings to cover maybe what you'd like.

• Like 5
  • 100 3

I can't give much more about it because Rendel & Hitch have already put it in a nutshell, but I'm with you on one thing. The bots don't have to be, there are really too many, maybe you can really reduce these to 5 or 6 per team.

• Like 5

Also I have discussed about some changes with DD, the thing is also he is very busy in rl atm. But once he has time, we look into these for more and see what we come up with.

Keep the suggestions coming if you have any, but notice that not everything wont or cant be changed. Server settings has been like this for years with just a little changes, tho times are different these days, hence the discussion also behind the front line 🤓

• Like 4

19 hours ago, RendeL said:

Thanks for the feedback Oli.

In what way do you think shuffle makes teams unbalanced?

I told you when you play on server a bit longer, get to know on how we do things there and once we see you helping with teams, that I could give you the !putteam command.

I know it is a pain in the ass sometimes, but since you have high kr, we expect you to be more active with team balancing. So I wuggest you look a bit more closely to the balancing of kr/each team and try to balance more, then the command is yours. Also we do not look exact equal teams (weaker team can have 2 more ppl if scores are bad) as it is not possible mostly, but the /scores give you the better idea (kills/deaths for each team) and combined to that the map progression and time left.

By now you should have the hang of the fraggers out there, so if you want to help out, try to balance even more than you do, as you have seen some just dont care and admins are not around always. And if you really want to help, then apply to become an admin there :)

As for others who might wonder why I told this, is that I've known Oli for like 10 years already and we used to be clanmates. There were totally different rules for balanced teams where we played, so I just wanted to show Oli how things are around here and get him to know more about our ways and rules before handing him commands. I know he can handle the command, but ppl on server can sometimes be a bit difficult, so keeping teams fair is a must thing to know first.

About the adre and bots, well I agree on some part on those, but then again as Hitch said, it is a beginners server after all and we have other servers also with different settings to cover maybe what you'd like.

i think the shuffle on the server only chance teams to one side to another basiclly is this what ive been seeing (my point of view) i think i prefer to be a clan friend or something and trying to help balance the teams beeing an admin cares a lot and i think im not ready to be on atm maps we can chance that if possibel like we play a map and we will be played after a few maps adrenaline reduce the time it last if a nornal  last for 10s reduce it to 5s, bots after a number off players on the server the number off bots will reduce to half cause most them r crashing into eatch other on spwns or after the server have between 50% or 60% people playing the number off bots will be reduce to a minimum ths all for the attention

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've said this before, medic adrenaline settings should be the same as all other classes, super sayan medics have it way too easy and generally speaking this is the class with the better aimers (with the exception of a few players like hexch, etc).

Why would we be making it so much easier for the higher skilled players??

Or at least have a the eng class with the same adre settings as medics to stimulate people into playing for the obj. 

Yeah, if there could be a way of automatically balance the number of bots on server it would be great. I could be wrong but it seems to me like each team needs 12-15 (?) players before all bots are removed?

At 8vs8 we should no longer require bots, they become a nuisance in some smaller maps blocking corridors and doorways. 

I really think the server requires a revision on certain aspects, it's like most of the settings are on steroids but only for a few classes. 

• Like 7

another good thing is tripmines only blow up or with the enemy or the eng who planted otherwise eng plant one and bots or teamplayers destroy it by passing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PHNTM said:

I've said this before, medic adrenaline settings should be the same as all other classes, super sayan medics have it way too easy and generally speaking this is the class with the better aimers (with the exception of a few players like hexch, etc).

Why would we be making it so much easier for the higher skilled players??

Or at least have a the eng class with the same adre settings as medics to stimulate people into playing for the obj. 

Yeah, if there could be a way of automatically balance the number of bots on server it would be great. I could be wrong but it seems to me like each team needs 12-15 (?) players before all bots are removed?

At 8vs8 we should no longer require bots, they become a nuisance in some smaller maps blocking corridors and doorways. 

I really think the server requires a revision on certain aspects, it's like most of the settings are on steroids but only for a few classes. 

i just an ideia and now on we all can improve as y did, like you idea

Hmmm i like the idea of if 8 v 8 players or more then no bots. They do get in the way when there is too many of them, they do trip the mines, they do spam, they do diffuse all dynamite too easily when too many bots.

Also i like the idea if you are going to keep adrenaline to make it more even across the classes; as mentioned medics have it too easy.

However i think we need to only change things little by little rather than a full overall change. 

We need to keep this server attracting the beginners rather than appeasing the pros.........................hence the server name.

• Like 6

The bots out when theres a real players 8 vs 8 looks good. 

I know the bots are here to make the server more attractive for new incomming players and an easy kill for the starters,and make the server look populated,but they also can ruin a map very fast (rushing,walking into friendly mines,blocking shots,blocking exits etc.) but the discusion about the bots is as old as me so nevermind 🤪

On the opposit the adren isnt a nice welcome for beginning players,, a new player comes in and gets destroyed by good players  on adren..unhitable for them,to fast movemant,they die before they can even get a hit..I think that really scares of newcomers very fast.instead of making them getting comfortable on beginners 2.

But bots and adren are often the subject of  a topic and we will see what will happen or not.

ExC

• Like 5

I definitely agree with the points being made about medic + adre, if they were nerfed slightly this may hopefully reduce the egos of certain players and in turn help with the issue I have with KR.

Edited by Hitch
  • Like 3

The remedy for this problem is playing on hardcore and silent servers.

Compared to those servers there is adrenaline, double jumps and ppsh-41 for each class. If this server is to differ from the others, leave adrenaline, double jumps are a problem for me in combination with adrenaline, because when someone is jumps well, defense obj is impossible, but probably some of them play there for them.
There are too many bots, there should be a maximum of 2-3 per page with more people on the server.
The problem here is ppsh-41, especially for a medic, because in combination with adrenaline it is too strong and should be removed for this class.
Recently, I have been picked on by players who have good statistics on this server, including the founder of the thread, and call "adre freak, adre noob" :), 90% of cases are using the medic or field class + ppsh-41 + and adding adrenaline and a good spot there is power. I somehow deal with them with SMG, if I don't aim well, I also die, but the weaker player has no chance.

• Like 3

Good thoughts and opinions about keeping the server fresh and enjoyable for all. Personally I don't mind too much about this issue about medics with adre, I just use to think damn those guys are good, but I get my ass kicked adre or no adre😁.

Anyway hence the name of the server is beginners#2 it might feel bit too tough for newcomers. As for the bots, yes they can be a nuisance at times, but once again for beginners server they might make getting started period bit easier i you are starting from the scratch with the game. 

Beginners#2 seems to have a fair share off people on most of the times I have been there so I think that things can't be too much off. It doesn't mean that there is no room for changes to improve.

Big thumbs up for regulars and admins for helping to keep teams even and making gaming fun for everyone.

BR

Merl1n

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

/rename beginners#2 to onlymentalgrownupsandplaydafriggingobjectivexD

All of the problems i get and feel the same pain. When you are a die hard objective player it's NO fun to get killed everysingle time.

But, it's still a fun server to play on. I play for and with the people not the mod xD

But those damn good KR players. Please stop whining about being good! You're only good if someone else tells you're good. You have to earn to goddamn respect of the mass players.

My preference is just the ETpro mod with the ppsh-41 weapon just for engi, field and soldier.

Peace out! (Mic drop xD)

Jeff 

• Like 4