ET DPI mouse

Olykiller

Hi guys

Any expert who can say a word about mouse DPI ?

I heard values around 400 - 800 DPI are considered good values.

Does it have a disadvantage or advantage to play with high DPI ?

Personally i play with 3200 DPI and very low ET sensitivity. Is it worth to test a lower DPI (and compensate with higher ET sensitivity) ?

Cheers

Oly

This is a very broad question to answer with little information!

I personally use 400 CPI (Same as DPI) and am a full arm player (Instead of wrist player I move my arm to aim) with a 1.05 sensitivity in game and a 7 windows sensitivity with 0 mouse accel! 

Generally higher DPI = better character aiming, lower DPI = better accuracy, it's been a lifelong debate of which is better when in reality if you have a good sensor in your mouse you won't skip any dots or counts and it's best to use what you're comfortable with!

Too high dpi can cause negative accelleration i was told , i use 800 dpi. Few use 400 dpi cause when they starte to play there wasnt mouse with more dpi. I guess😜

I play at 400dpi/500hz.   ET is all about tracking so having it low will take a lot of flaws out of your aim and keep your crosshair moving smoothly.  You won't find many really decent aimers running a high dpi.

• 100 1

As Heaven states It is a very broad question so you will get a very broad set of answers.

For example. :D

I use LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) and have my X axis 500dpi, my Y axis 450 dpi, no acceleration.

Windows 10 mouse speed is set at default 6 of 11 and i use ET resolution 2560x1440

I've also got a 1:1 ratio using Windows_10+8.x_MouseFix_ItemsSize=100%_Scale=1-to-1_@6-of-11

My in game sense is set to 0.7 if i use m_pitch 0.01501 m_yaw 0.022

Of late on FA servers as PB limits are not enforced i've kept my DPi the same but been playing about with a sense of 10 using m_pitch 0.001501 and m_yaw of 0.0022...I'm planning on dropping the sense back to 0.7 and upping my DPi to 800+ to counter the very low pitch and yaw.

I must stress though that i've only used m_pitch 0.001501 and m_yaw 0.0022 on FA NQ1, Silent1 and hardcore servers as PB limits are not enforced in any way. Other servers may allow the pitch but not the yaw so with a sensitivity of 10 you will end up with a very super sensitive UP and Down if thats the case as the yaw will be forced from 0.0022 to 0.022. 

Babbling now and probably got a bit too in depth.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
On 7/27/2020 at 3:02 PM, Snuffs99 said:

As Heaven states It is a very broad question so you will get a very broad set of answers.

For example. :D

I use LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) and have my X axis 500dpi, my Y axis 450 dpi, no acceleration.

Windows 10 mouse speed is set at default 6 of 11 and i use ET resolution 2560x1440

I've also got a 1:1 ratio using Windows_10+8.x_MouseFix_ItemsSize=100%_Scale=1-to-1_@6-of-11

My in game sense is set to 0.7 if i use m_pitch 0.01501 m_yaw 0.022

Of late on FA servers as PB limits are not enforced i've kept my DPi the same but been playing about with a sense of 10 using m_pitch 0.001501 and m_yaw of 0.0022...I'm planning on dropping the sense back to 0.7 and upping my DPi to 800+ to counter the very low pitch and yaw.

I must stress though that i've only used m_pitch 0.001501 and m_yaw 0.0022 on FA NQ1, Silent1 and hardcore servers as PB limits are not enforced in any way. Other servers may allow the pitch but not the yaw so with a sensitivity of 10 you will end up with a very super sensitive UP and Down if thats the case as the yaw will be forced from 0.0022 to 0.022. 

Babbling now and probably got a bit too in depth.

THose M_Pitch and Yaw limits work on Jaymod, too. That's what I use but for ETPro and N!tmod, you have to go back to default settings

• 100 1

Totally agree that this is mostly preference....

Played against people flicking around like crazy and hitting heads and also ones that cant even turn because their sensitivity/dpi is so low but will still headshot you everytime you run in front of them. At the end of the day it just comes down to what you're most comfortable with and practice with, 90% of aim is just muscle memory :) 

(I personally use 800dpi mouse with 1.7 in game sensitivity)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • 100 1

Funny I was just looking up settings for mouse sensitivity commands and trying to figure out what my mouse DPI is have no clue though, Cause I feel sometimes it moves way too fast and I have it set to 1.45

18 hours ago, Dink the Clown said:

Funny I was just looking up settings for mouse sensitivity commands and trying to figure out what my mouse DPI is have no clue though, Cause I feel sometimes it moves way too fast and I have it set to 1.45

Would depend on the mouse Dink, you would have better luck checking the make and model on google if you don't know as afaik there isn't really any precise way to get your DPI.

Most people i've ever spoken to who play FPS games and can change their DPI tend to use anything from say 400-1600 at most, no matter the FPS.

Some mice have a max DPI in the ranges of 18000+ which is just silly and a gimmick. 99% will never ever use those sort of DPI, certainly not for FPS games as the lower range DPI's tend to give the player far more control and precision.

I couldn't imagine being precise in ET if moving my mouse an inch or so effectively moved my cursor 4 times the width of my 27" screen. It tells you something when i use 450-500 and have a sens in ET of 0.7-0.9, i think my mouse max of 8200 DPI i'd need a sens of about 0.07 for it to feel the same.

At the end of the day everyone will be different, what works well for one wont always be the same for another. Its why using another persons config(s) or the same mouse as a pro player wont suddenly make you as good a player as that person.

Then we also have peak performance where each person reaches their peak and simply will never be much better that their personal best no matter how long they play or with what settings they play with etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i  had argument yrs ago on dpi  with i believe vtr .. an i had to prove every word i spoke.. wish i had info now but i discovered some where et doesnt like high dpi u will get a negative effect.

but mice nowadays are much better then when et came out.. i have mine at 800 an 1000 toggle but at my best i played at 400  there is also other things that factor in .. uwont find to many fellas shooting 50 plus acc with higher then hell dpi and mouse settings. haru is a great aimer i bet his advice would improve anyones aim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

7 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

i  had argument yrs ago on dpi  with i believe vtr .. an i had to prove every word i spoke.. wish i had info now but i discovered some where et doesnt like high dpi u will get a negative effect.

As Gladiator stated earlier, anything over 800 supposedly causes negative acceleration in the Quake3 engine.

• 100 1

On 7/27/2020 at 10:04 PM, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

I play at 400dpi/500hz.   ET is all about tracking so having it low will take a lot of flaws out of your aim and keep your crosshair moving smoothly.  You won't find many really decent aimers running a high dpi.

I play at 500 dpi and 1000 hz. Why are you using 500 hz?

• 100 1

Some mice work better with 500hz and some others with 1000hz

Haru uses the viper wireless like me and from my experience, because the vipers sensor is very sensitive and has 99.6 accuracy with tracking, 500hz works best. Others like the gpro wireless work better with 1000hz.

• Like 2
  • 100 1