ET NQ #1 Tips for lags / get more hs in European Servers

Betinho

• Administrators

@Betinho  Nice, +1

One more I would like to add:

Don't download and watch movies when playing ET. Even if you have any members in your house doing it, you will see latency spikes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, daredevil said:

Don't download and watch movies when playing ET. Even if you have any members in your house doing it, you will see latency spikes. 

Yeah tell me about it 🤨 wife watches netflix every evening - daughter on disney+ on tv whilst on fb on her phone, son plays online games too on pc. What chance do I have 😑 only play best after 1am ffs

Edited by CaRaNo
spelling
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

My wife watch netflix when I play et and my ping is still around 2 and I depend of your Internet provider I am at 1000 mbt connection it's not the server I am on bell fibe and I got 4 pc on all day aND if I download a game on steam my ping goes to  10 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Betinho said:

I saw many players trying to play in nq1, from America/rest of the world and said me they got lags. I am from Argentina, playing a lot of years in European servers (with 220 ping). So i want to share with you why i haven´t lags, some tips:

problems with lags:

-if you play with /com_maxfps 200 or more, reduce it (for example i can play fine in nq1 with /com_maxfps 160 )

-if you play with /rate 50000 reduce it too (i play with /rate 40000 )

-screen resolution, 1280 x 1024

problems with hit the enemy?

-reduce it the mouse sensitivity: always 1.00

- write in console /m_yaw 0.01501

-write in console /m_pitch 0.01501 (both default is  0.022, when you reduce this, you will find the mouse more slow, but you will get more effectivity/hs for sure)

- last suggest, when you see the enemy not moving, ALWAYS crounch and fire! :D

I hope this help for some of you, regards

Betinho

its that even possible to set /com_maxfps 200 ? thought max is 125 with legacy or ETGold

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

its that even possible to set /com_maxfps 200 ? thought max is 125 with legacy or ETGold

You may confuse with cl_maxpackets ? With ETL it can be up to 125.

Gengis

as far as i know, NQ Mod allows 250FPS but its unplayable,... 125 in my opinion is best compromise between moving fast and have a good steady aim while moving.  Whatever, on baserace i have a bind for cg_maxfps 250, so doublejump gets even faster,...

thats the point where ppl accuse others to be cheating,... but they dont understand the game physics.

On my laptop i have to use 

r_picmip 3

and

r_primitives 2 

to get stable 125 fps in full HD.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grizzlyoldman said:

My wife watch netflix when I play et and my ping is still around 2 and I depend of your Internet provider I am at 1000 mbt connection it's not the server I am on bell fibe and I got 4 pc on all day aND if I download a game on steam my ping goes to  10 

I think it is mostly provider depended... (in Germany in the past, you could buy a Provider Option which was called FastForwarding and cost about 5€ per month)

Since i have become Euro Docsis 3.0 and full IP V6 with 200mbit/s i dont even notice if my wife streams full hd, too. the Bandwith isnt the proplem on playing games, since these tiny UDP packets find their way really fast,...(1 hour playing ET was around 40 MB, but i dont know what windows did in the backround) the biggest issue is if the modem is busy trying to defragment other packets and is busy with that. but since Full IPv6 i got pings around 0-10, before it was always 50-100 to nq1.

Edited by Vice86

At the end of the day ET is 17 years old so some things are very, very unlikely to really have a huge impact on its stability, internet connection is unlikely to be a problem for most unless your on dial up or have basic 1Mbit BB with 100 people using it,......don't even mention facebook ffs as that is so minute a connection its not even worth measuring.

Many, many things can contribute to a stable FPS and overall feel of the game though.

Ping? well Betiinho has over 200+ ping most of the time but doesn't stop him being highest fragger or having the most HS.

There have always been so called "magic" FPS in ET (43,76,90,125 etc)...I stick with 125 for the most part, my pistol though switches to 71FPS. 

125 allows a slight advantage over all other FPS settings, it allows you to jump slightly higher and further than others. Its not really noticeable on double jump but next time adler is on try jumping on a box with 76, 90 or 144FPS etc, its almost impossible, not an issue with 125 though.

71 FPS gives slightly less recoil on pistols and has been banned on some servers over the years.

Resolution can make the feel of the game totally different as can FOV, a lower resolution of say 1280x1024 can make the game visually wider with stumpier players than 1920x1080 or 2560x1440,.....110 FOV will make the game feel faster than the default 90, 120 faster still

Sadly its never the same thing with all and what works well for 1 wont work the same for others, just too many factors.......visual settings, max packets, operating system and whats running on said OS in the background, are you using wifi or ether, hell even other players having very high pings can fook half the players as the game has to factor that players ping etc into the game.

Its never going to be an easy fix or 1 fix does all sadly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
On 6/22/2020 at 12:08 PM, CaRaNo said:

Yeah tell me about it 🤨 wife watches netflix every evening - daughter on disney+ on tv whilst on fb on her phone, son plays online games too on pc. What chance do I have 😑 only play best after 1am ffs

You need to be limited so the rest of us have a chance

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1