ET NQ #1 Opinion on reducing the spam

Pferd

• Administrators
5 hours ago, ElEl said:

How about having a subsection for each server? Would that work well or is it too much changing it now/a bit overkill?

Could make each admin on that server a moderator of just that section, server suggestions and complaints could go in the right place so admins know if it happened on their server and need to get involved etc. I can see quite a few upsides to it.

subsection for each server would be too much and if someone suggests good idea for jay1 we can implement that for other servers as well. So having all in one place it makes sense. May be we add subsections:

Ex - main Suggestion section and then implemented and Denied. So that way main suggestion section have much limited topics of ongoing discussion rather then archive of 12 plus years! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ElEl said:

How about having a subsection for each server? Would that work well or is it too much changing it now/a bit overkill?

Could make each admin on that server a moderator of just that section, server suggestions and complaints could go in the right place so admins know if it happened on their server and need to get involved etc. I can see quite a few upsides to it.

i like this idea   ... myself i dont have the time to frequent every server! 😝

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

Maybe for each mod then. :D 

That's still doable but then again - for each mod we will have to add Completed / Denied list. 

The way currently it's set up is with Prefixes you control the server. What we can do is clean up the Prefixes.  For example -- If you click on ET NQ#1 - it will show you all NQ #1 suggestions.  Problem is people always use incorrect when creating suggestion and we never fix the prefixes. So most of it goes in ET Server Suggestion which was added like a generic option when specific server is not available OR its generic server wide suggestion. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
On 4/26/2020 at 6:16 PM, Infiltrate said:

Hi Guys,
im quite sure this post will make the regular panzer hogs, flamer spinners and riflenade users hate me even more but its annoying me personally for quite a while now, so here we go.

Nowadays NQ1 is quite crowded, which isnt a bad thing by itself. But the missing/lax heavy weapon and riflenade regulations turning quite a lot of maps into a crazy slugfest of spam. Most of the time you will find teams of 10 players + consisting of:

- 2 Panzerfausts

- up to 2 flamers

- roughly 50% of the players playing riflenades (cant really say rifle when they fire more riflenades than normal rifle ammunition over the course of a map)

- some medics and covert ops

Every player with a bit of gamesense and knowledge will see that these weapons are heavily overpowered in comparison and therefore nearly always were met with strict regulations. In the current situation good decision making, playing around cover, taking good fights, avoiding bad fights etc. isnt even close to being rewarding. I get that NQ1 is a fun server, but the definition of fun cant be giving bad/worse players overpowered weapons based on a lack of will to invest time/effort to get better at the game. The fun behind the usage of multiple heavy weapons or 5-6 rifles in a single team is solely limited to the people using it, not the ones playing against.

All in all i would prefer a stricter regulation, for example:

- Panzerfaust limitied to 1 per team (maybe in combination with the 3 map rule like on Jay1?)

- Flamer limited to 1 per team in combination with better visibility/overheating in accordance with the current flamer thread discussion.

- Limiting the usage of riflenades to like 3 per team. maybe like 4 when there are 12+ players (is there a possibilty to disable solely riflenades and not the rifle? So an unlimited amount of rifles can be used but just a limited amount of people can use riflenades)

In the end thats just my 2 cents, but i would like to see the opinion of other regulars and maybe admins, since after some talks im apparently not the only being bothered by it. Thanks for reading that wall of text.

My friend, you sound just like someone I know....... I’ve been saying these same things for a long time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

My friend, you sound just like someone I know....... I’ve been saying these same things for a long time

Jay 1 is already on 1 panzer and 1 flamer... and NQ is different in flamer look and power. You never played on NQ 1 much :P 

• Haha 2

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, K.LisTa said:

Currently at max engineer level, you can fire 4 rifle grenades in a row without needing to wait.

That's nuts.

Which server? NQ? This topic is all over the place and hence the question.

• Haha 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, daredevil said:

Jay 1 is already on 1 panzer and 1 flamer... and NQ is different in flamer look and power. You never played on NQ 1 much :P 

I been going there but it's been dead at night, regardless, it's the r nades he mentioned that I would focus on. Especially the line about shooting more nades than bullets out of the Rifle

On 5/6/2020 at 5:52 PM, K.LisTa said:

Currently at max engineer level, you can fire 4 rifle grenades in a row without needing to wait.

That's nuts.

This has now been reduced (08/05/2020). With a full charge Engie can now only fire 3 in succession then has to wait longer for charge to go up enough to fire 4th and 5th etc....Please give it a few days and if it needs tweaking more then either msg me in game (S!mples) or post here and we can see about making the charge slower. ;)

Also Field ops FFE and airstrike time has been increased to widen the gap between uses and help reduce the spam from field ops. Again give it a few days and if this needs more tweaking then msg me or post here and we can have another look.

As always a huge thanks to @daredevil for making himself available to change the settings in game while i tested. Really do appreciate the fast hands on as do many of the other regs on NQ1

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

With a full charge Engie can now only fire 3 in succession then has to wait longer for charge to go up enough to fire 4th and 5th etc....

So just to be clear, is that change affecting Engineer as a class or the K43/Garand as a weapon? And by that I mean, is Covert Ops picking a rifle will be affected by this change too?

Great change in my opinion, keep it up!

Edited by Xiahou Dun
Correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xiahou Dun said:

So just to be clear, is that change affecting Engineer as a class or the K43/Garand as a weapon? And by that I mean, is Covert Ops picking a rifle will be affected by this change too?

Great change in my opinion, keep it up!

@daredevil 

AFAIK a co-op picking up a rifle nade would be subject to the exact same restrictions? Bit like if you pick up a flamer, its not suddenly going to be better for you than it would be for soldier, it would be the same.

"I think"....  lol

Edited by Snuffs99

• 3 weeks later...

I tried. And as I've seen I am not the only one saying this. Recent settings with limits for this and that. It is really annoying when you join team, choose weapon or class and few mins later you loose it cos somebody else picked other class. Panza or flame - sure I am going to hear "panza noob" comments but don't care cos as I said it always come from egoistic "Rambo medics" loosing their killing spree. So don't care really. Btw. Rambo's are getting almost untouchable with limitations etc. (check stats after rounds, now like 70 kills + easily as a most hits, kills etc stat.) When you pick flame or panza (don't care there is limit 1 per team) and later on somebody else goes eng, you loose it. Same for medic. Going to play medic and few minutes later loosing it and going to be sold cos somebody went other class. Happened to me a lot. Don't know if it is bug or if you planned it to be like that but it is annoying to loose class or limited weapon cos of somebody joining team later on. Limits for engi riffles? Imagine playing baserace for example with shotgun. Easy feed for Rambo meds. Or having 3 fields in a team. Pointless. Just saying. Imho these changes aren't the best ideas as all this shouts about limiting came from spree hunting and ego pleasing Rambo meds. It should be about fun so comments like you should get skills or learn how to be pro are pointless. I could  use an argument that if you feel too good for NQ1 you should go to Pro servers etc. Just saying. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ford (Cz) said:

Imagine playing baserace for example with shotgun.

Their is no limit on covert ops, field ops, soldiers overall, etc. Only panzer 1, flammer 1, etc. is limited and so does rifle nade. We can make those limitations map specific as well. Also it's not we are limiting weapons i.e. we only modified flammer so others get chance and no rifle nades you can't spam i.e. 4 in one shot. We also made venom powerful which we useless kinda before. 

We can also balancing at map level if required. Try to think out of the box and I will see what can be achieved. Their is always room for improvement where ever possible. 

• 100 1