ET NQ #1 Opinion on reducing the spam

Pferd

1 hour ago, Ford (Cz) said:

I tried. And as I've seen I am not the only one saying this. Recent settings with limits for this and that. It is really annoying when you join team, choose weapon or class and few mins later you loose it cos somebody else picked other class. Panza or flame - sure I am going to hear "panza noob" comments but don't care cos as I said it always come from egoistic "Rambo medics" loosing their killing spree. So don't care really. Btw. Rambo's are getting almost untouchable with limitations etc. (check stats after rounds, now like 70 kills + easily as a most hits, kills etc stat.) When you pick flame or panza (don't care there is limit 1 per team) and later on somebody else goes eng, you loose it. Same for medic. Going to play medic and few minutes later loosing it and going to be sold cos somebody went other class. Happened to me a lot. Don't know if it is bug or if you planned it to be like that but it is annoying to loose class or limited weapon cos of somebody joining team later on. Limits for engi riffles? Imagine playing baserace for example with shotgun. Easy feed for Rambo meds. Or having 3 fields in a team. Pointless. Just saying. Imho these changes aren't the best ideas as all this shouts about limiting came from spree hunting and ego pleasing Rambo meds. It should be about fun so comments like you should get skills or learn how to be pro are pointless. I could  use an argument that if you feel too good for NQ1 you should go to Pro servers etc. Just saying. 

Thanks for the feedback but by all means tell the "others" who have the same issues as yourself to post here or come on discord and message me, i cant read minds and up to now the only feedback given is either by people who discord me or have posted here and its been mainly positive, had a bit of negative feedback via whatsapp group but that was passed on to me via discord as i'm not on whatsapp. No point talking or moaning to one another, that will achieve nothing.

Atm these are the current settings.

Heavy weapons like panzer/bazooka and flamer have been limited to 1 of each per team, if you are the person who has a panzer or flamer then you cant lose it as as no one else can select it, you will have to learn to share them like they do on other FA servers. For fairness sake they have also not been touched power wise to compensate for the number limitation.

F-ops have had their arty times increased from 35 to 45 seconds between uses, other than that no changes

Rambo Medics that you have issues about have also been reduced to 50% of a team...So in a team of 10 they can only have 5 medics instead of the whole team as it was before.

We had a few hiccups sorting rifles out at the start but after many nights testing Daredevil and i managed to sort and set them at what we thought were reasonable levels.

Engineers have not been limited numbers wise BUT rifle has been limited to only allow 3 continuous nades at once instead of 4 and rifle numbers are limited to the following.

if (numclients < 13) then

et.trap_Cvar_Set(cvar, "20");

elseif (numclients >= 13 and numclients <= 20) then

et.trap_Cvar_Set(cvar, "25");

elseif (numclients >= 21 and numclients <= 32) then

elseif (numclients > 33) then

end

There settings are in percentages and cover the entire player base but basically mean:-

Less than 6 players per team each team can have 2 rifles

Between 6 and 10 per team 2-3 rifles per team

Between 10 and 16 per team 3-4 rifles per team

And if there are more than 16 players per team each team can have 5-6+ rifles.

I think these numbers are fair but you are more than welcome to give your thoughts on the numbers and we can maybe revise the settings.

Also regarding limits, they work different to what you think.

For example, lets say you have 16+ players on a team and have 5 Engies with rifles but a good few leave the team and you end up with only 10 players, that doesn't mean you suddenly lose rifles...instead it means no one else can join your team and select a rifle and those with rifle already will keep them until they either switch class or the map changes.

Works same for all classes with player or weapon limitations, you have 12 players and 6 meds but lose 2 players you don't suddenly lose a med until one of the meds changes class or the map changes.

Feedback is always welcome but it would be nice to also get constructive thoughts on class numbers etc, saying you dont like it as is isn't really helpful unless you give an alternative limitation etc.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Heavy weapons like panzer/bazooka and flamer have been limited to 1 of each per team, if you are the person who has a panzer or flamer then you cant lose it as as no one else can select it, you will have to learn to share them like they do on other FA servers. For fairness sake they have also not been touched power wise to compensate for the number limitation.

That's not the case. Few moments from the game: being sold either with panza or flame - somebody changed at the team (not that new player joined) from 1 class to eng and i lost gun (flame or panza). Once that player went back to other class then engi, I was able to pick flame or panza back again. Not before. Not sure why- apparently it was limited by total count of heavy + nades. Not sure but I keep loosing it when somebody change class. Now I'm not sure if it didn't disappeared as well when covert picked up that gun. Just can't remember but I am like 80% sure it happened. Next case when I was medic for few minutes, then somebody joined team and I lost med class and was thrown straight to sold class. Again happened quite often to me recently. Not sure if it is bug or whatever. Point is I choose weapon or class and loose it during playing. So as a summary - it is not bitching, that loosing of class or weapon during round  is a real thing which is happening. And I'm not being funny but by some responds I am seriously sometime thinking if I just lost my mind and this "loosing" is happening just in my head or if it is real bug and I'm the only one who spotted that and says that. No joke.  That field count - my point was that if you have 3 or more fields in a team then it is usually only 1 or 2 useful, the rest is just like soldier with thompson or mp sometimes able to throw ammo pack (cos arty is occupied by other). Again, not a complain, just a thought how useful it is to have lets say 5 fields in a team when 80% of them are technically just able to run around as an easy target with no specific or unique capability to do something just cos engs or medics are limited.  Also when I talk about Rambo medic I talk about Rambo medic, not about medics. Rambo medic is when you run around, not healing anybody apart of yourself and hunting for spree, nothing else, no team support etc. I got it, not everybody is always playing for objectives and from time to time everybody is having round when you just don't care and do silly things but it is difference between "always" and "from time to time". Again - my point - most of "bitching" about nades or panza or flame kills almost always came from Rambo medic players when you broke their killing spree. Also next point - I know why you say let's say things on a forum etc. but as I mentioned previously - try to take a screen of players list and check on a forum how many of these players (including guys playing on servers for years) are active on a forum or at least are registered members. That's the reason why I said that it wasn't just me saying things. Again, not a complain, just a fact. How to attract people to go to this web and speak or interact? I don't know. Seriously. Million dollar question. 

Edited by Ford (Cz)

43 minutes ago, Ford (Cz) said:

That's not the case. Few moments from the game: being sold either with panza or flame - somebody changed at the team (not that new player joined) from 1 class to eng and i lost gun (flame or panza). Once that player went back to other class then engi, I was able to pick flame or panza back again. Not before. Not sure why- apparently it was limited by total count of heavy + nades. Not sure but I keep loosing it when somebody change class. Now I'm not sure if it didn't disappeared as well when covert picked up that gun. Just can't remember but I am like 80% sure it happened. Next case when I was medic for few minutes, then somebody joined team and I lost med class and was thrown straight to sold class. Again happened quite often to me recently. Not sure if it is bug or whatever. Point is I choose weapon or class and loose it during playing. So as a summary - it is not bitching, that loosing of class or weapon during round  is a real thing which is happening. And I'm not being funny but by some responds I am seriously sometime thinking if I just lost my mind and this "loosing" is happening just in my head or if it is real bug and I'm the only one who spotted that and says that. No joke.  That field count - my point was that if you have 3 or more fields in a team then it is usually only 1 or 2 useful, the rest is just like soldier with thompson or mp sometimes able to throw ammo pack (cos arty is occupied by other). Again, not a complain, just a thought how useful it is to have lets say 5 fields in a team when 80% of them are technically just able to run around as an easy target with no specific or unique capability to do something just cos engs or medics are limited.  Also when I talk about Rambo medic I talk about Rambo medic, not about medics. Rambo medic is when you run around, not healing anybody apart of yourself and hunting for spree, nothing else, no team support etc. I got it, not everybody is always playing for objectives and from time to time everybody is having round when you just don't care and do silly things but it is difference between "always" and "from time to time". Again - my point - most of "bitching" about nades or panza or flame kills almost always came from Rambo medic players when you broke their killing spree. Also next point - I know why you say let's say things on a forum etc. but as I mentioned previously - try to take a screen of players list and check on a forum how many of these players (including guys playing on servers for years) are active on a forum or at least are registered members. That's the reason why I said that it wasn't just me saying things. Again, not a complain, just a fact. How to attract people to go to this web and speak or interact? I don't know. Seriously. Million dollar question. 

I cant help with what you refer to as rambo meds as they will always be around regardless, usually good aimers who play medic and simply want to frag.

I'll keep an eye on Heavy weapons over the next few days and try and see what problems exist, if its bugged as you suggest it can be fixed once we find the problem, same with meds and any other classes or restrictions. I'll stick on NQ1 and see how things go.

Please be patient and give feedback where you can, like i say we cant change or revise things if we don't know there are problems, simply posting you don't like somethings doesn't really help unless you elaborate like you have done.

I don't know if you use discord but its a quick and easy way to get your opinions and problems across regarding servers and their settings and its a better platform to get things "fiixed" faster, failing that your more than welcome to post here in this thread or PM me directly in game or here with suggestions and problems and i'll help get them sorted asap.

You and others may think we simply changed things for the sake of it but every recent change has been really thought out and "tweaked" off the feedback received. We cant make everything exactly how every player would like them to be so there will always be the odd things you may not want or like BUT if the current settings do need changing then we will be all means change them as best we can to suit the majority of players and their feedback, yourself included.

Again please be patient and i'll check on HW and class limitations over the next few days, i will need a few days so i can check with various player numbers etc, should anything need changing or fixing i'll advise Daredevil and we can take it from there and hopefully fix any problems. 

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Ford (Cz) said:

That's the reason why I said that it wasn't just me saying things. Again, not a complain, just a fact. How to attract people to go to this web and speak or interact? I don't know. Seriously. Million dollar question. 

What worked for me so far is give the website and ask them to share their logic on site in the topic. So if someone on server has good opinion/logic  to improve, they can directly come to topic and reply. I create short URL which is easy to share for me and ask for feedback on it. 

But then again, everyone got opinion and that doesn't mean we can add each one. We need to see what makes sense and what doesn't and based on that, we work it out. Sometimes even if it makes sense technical limitations block it up. NQ is not open source either. :) 

• Thanks 1

@Ford (Cz)

You were correct regarding heavy weapon limitations and them not working correctly, the issue should now be fixed.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days as stated in my last post and make sure everything is as it should be..........Please let us know though if you encounter any more problems and we will have another look. ;) 

• Platinum VIP
17 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Less than 6 players per team each team can have 2 rifles

Between 6 and 10 per team 2-3 rifles per team

Between 10 and 16 per team 3-4 rifles per team

And if there are more than 16 players per team each team can have 5-6+ rifles.

I think this could be simplified<12 is 2-3 Rifles

>12 is 4-5 Rifles

15 might seem like a big number, but literally with 12 or less players, 1 quarter of the team can have Rifle Nades. Add in Panzer, Flame, Mortar, and that's half the team with Heavy Weapons and IRL, Heavy Weapons are for support, not the main part of battle. 

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I think this could be simplified<12 is 2-3 Rifles

>12 is 4-5 Rifles

15 might seem like a big number, but literally with 12 or less players, 1 quarter of the team can have Rifle Nades. Add in Panzer, Flame, Mortar, and that's half the team with Heavy Weapons and IRL, Heavy Weapons are for support, not the main part of battle. 

Thanks for the suggestion, appreciated as always. It was changed yesterday so that all weapon limitations are now whole numbers instead of percentages, overall it works far better and is easier to tweak as and when needed. The player count covers the total players of both teams so <12 would be from 1 Vs 1 to 6 Vs 6 and >12 could be 6 Vs 7 to 18vs18+ in which case using your suggestion would mean at the lower end of 6vs7 5-6 players could effectively have rifles. Available rifles have been staggered over the 4 range groups to increase or decrease slowly along with player numbers per team and prevent a scinario of 6vs7 and 5-6 rifles/team.

Current setting are

< 13 players in total 2 per team
 > 13 < 20 players total 3/team
 > 21 < 32 players total 4/team
  > 33 players total 6/team

It was all working as it should last night along with Panza and flamer restrictions so I will keep an eye on it and revise further if needed.

Edited by Snuffs99

22 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

@Ford (Cz)

You were correct regarding heavy weapon limitations and them not working correctly, the issue should now be fixed.

This issue is not yet fixed and is currently ongoing, we will try and figure the problem so it can be resolved but for now please be patient.

After observing and testing for a good few hours it only seems to be a small glitch in the matrix and "livable" for now.....It is however a very big glitch in my brain trying to suss the problem so yeah, gimme a few days.  :D 

Edited by Snuffs99

On 5/25/2020 at 4:47 PM, Ford (Cz) said:

I tried. And as I've seen I am not the only one saying this. Recent settings with limits for this and that. It is really annoying when you join team, choose weapon or class and few mins later you loose it cos somebody else picked other class.

Quite some players told me this, but i could never recreate it. Only thing i personally noted is that i lost medic a few times when someone new joined in and picked medic. Personally im fine with it and just pick a SMG engie or covert ops so other people can play as medic.

On 5/25/2020 at 4:47 PM, Ford (Cz) said:

Panza or flame - sure I am going to hear "panza noob" comments but don't care cos as I said it always come from egoistic "Rambo medics" loosing their killing spree. So don't care really. Btw. Rambo's are getting almost untouchable with limitations etc. (check stats after rounds, now like 70 kills + easily as a most hits, kills etc stat.) When you pick flame or panza (don't care there is limit 1 per team) and later on somebody else goes eng, you loose it.

We dont have a single rate player on NQ#1, which is a good thing. Medics will most likely be played by the more skilled players and are the backbone for the fighting. HW, riflenades, arty etc. are support weapons. 70 kills in 30 minutes is not a good stat and quite normal. When i played for rate in 2017 on this server 100-130 kills in 30 minutes were normal, even with heavy spamming. To be fairly honest the weird hitdetection from the NQ mod helps the HW and riflenade engies quite a bit aswell.

The problem most people have with "rambo medics" is them being simply just better at the game. Its not the healing, its not the slight advantage in hitpoints. Its for the most part a better aiming and "smart playstyle" (using cover, taking good fights, avoiding bad fights, breaking 1 vs X situations into multiple 1vs1s, etc.)

And personally dont see a problem with that. There are tons of people crying about them and DEMANDING (not you Ford!) a method to easily kill those medics (e.g. HW, riflenades, medics being unable to heal themselves, etc.). ET is a competitive shooter. If there is someone better than you, well the solution is getting better yourself or except it and play around it.

When i was on the server i asked a lot of people about the current changes and ideas behind it. And when people were unhappy about it i told them about this topic. But to be honest quite some guys were not just unhappy but being freaking rude. Being it on the server or private chatting. I even offered to tell their critic directly to S!mples. Well, end of the story: Most guys just simply insulted Simples and DD for changing stuff and refused to visit the forum or go to the discord. Im not going to baby-sit 30 year old manchilden who cant even get some manners towards the men putting literally tons of hours of their free time into this server. I told S!mples about them but wont do that in the future. If people want to be heard they need to join the forum or the discord. I creeped around the forum for years and just got active like 2 months ago. Every topic i made got quite some feedback and good discussions. So in my experience one's suggestions are glaldy heard over here.

All in all eventhough we have completely opposite opinions regarding this topic and i love to shittalk in your direction on the server Ford. I really appreciate you and your posts here. See you on the server.

• Thanks 1

Regarding the changes.

All the changes that have been made have actually been quite minor. There are/were a few problems but we have always tried to get them fixed or tweaked as fast and as best as we could once feedback comes in.

Engies:-

They are unlimited numbers wise so the whole team can go engie if they so wish. It is just the rifle that has been tweaked very slightly and limited per team.

We had a few issues getting the numbers right regarding rifles but other than that nothing really has changed, certainly nothing drastic. We reduced rifle charge very, very slightly to limit them to 3 (instead of 4) consecutive nades in a row with a very slight wait for the 4th and 5th.

We had to reduce the available rifles because since Covid19 and many countries going into lock down the player base jumped up and we were having 18-20+ players on each team with sometimes 10+ rifles on each team, this was just silly and not really viable with those numbers so they did need reducing,,,,this being said it was only really the top end that was capped, you can still have 2/team with only 2 players on each team for instance.

Soldier:-

Panzer/bazooka, flamer were reduced to 1 per team however we didn't really go mad and lower the power levels to make up for the 1/team. 

Field ops:-

Fire for effect and airstrike timings have been upped from 35 to 45 seconds, mainly because if you got the timings right a good field ops could constantly block an enemies exit or path etc, 45 seconds allows a small break in the arty, BUT 45 seconds is still a very quick recharge and tbh if i hadn't said here most wouldn't even have known or noticed.

Medics:-

Reduced to 50% of a team, this was done to help spread the player base and force the use of other classes.

ALL of the above can be tweaked or even put back how it was previously and will constantly be watched.

Its been said before that we can't please everyone and some will have to get on with it, i wish i could make the game custom for everyone but that is just impossible, without feedback though its impossible to know what is and isn't currently working for players. Until we were told about HW for instance we had no clue, why would we, but i've spent teh best part of 2 days trying to figure why they behave the way they do and people lose them randomly. WE are on it though and i wont rest until its fixed. :D 

Maps:-

We have way more maps to be added to the rotations but they need to be added slowly over weeks. Now i'm going to put this out there that although most people moan and say they want newer maps its actually rare the newer ones are played, i know because i watch the votes. 

Just cant please everyone so i'm not going to try, BUT one thing for sure is those who do moan and complain yet don't bother to come to the forums or discord and pass the feedback on......well they will gain nothing.

We don't bite and i thank all those who do give feedback and suggestions, we welcome ALL suggestions and do listen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

@Snuffs99 I appreciate your help and to provide me 'summarized' update, testing live whenever I do the changes and 'continuously' monitoring on server.  I seriously need to find a way where people learn or are forced to explain the issue in simple few lines rather then writing the essay. 

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
21 hours ago, Infiltrate said:

Quite some players told me this, but i could never recreate it. Only thing i personally noted is that i lost medic a few times when someone new joined in and picked medic. Personally im fine with it and just pick a SMG engie or covert ops so other people can play as medic.

So, I don't play every mod, all ghe time, but i have played every mod and I keep seeing you say this. Unless I missed something, how can you lose your class just because someone else joined?? I've never heard of such a thing!

If I join and there's already the limit on Engi's, for example, I can't be an engi unless one quits. 

@Snuffs99 I'm just using engi as a random example, BTW

Edited by -=HipKat=-

9 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Unless I missed something, how can you lose your class just because someone else joined?? I've never heard of such a thing!

I dont think it happens with someone else joining as the option for a maxed out class shouldn't be selectable. It can happen, however, if the limit is based on percentages of the team and people leave.

I'll give you an example. Limit on medics is set to 50% of the team. There are 20 people on the server meaning 10 can be medic. If say 6 people leave. 50% of 14 people is 7, so 3 of the medics will have to spawn as another class by force.

That's the only way I see someone suddenly losing their class. 

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
21 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

I dont think it happens with someone else joining as the option for a maxed out class shouldn't be selectable. It can happen, however, if the limit is based on percentages of the team and people leave.

I'll give you an example. Limit on medics is set to 50% of the team. There are 20 people on the server meaning 10 can be medic. If say 6 people leave. 50% of 14 people is 7, so 3 of the medics will have to spawn as another class by force.

That's the only way I see someone suddenly losing their class. 

Ahhhhh!! Yes, yes, I never thought of that

Just a note. That loosen medic class happened on baserace map (recent version). But first time it happened to me like ever was after that changes with numbers of weapons etc. Not before. It didn't happen in last few days but I didn't play much recently so hard to say if it is still happening. Heavy weapons loosing was on Italy map, sure it was more then Italy map, I just don't remember the rest of maps. Same as first case - after changes. But I guess I'm getting into different topic now ... 

• Thanks 1