Returning player looking for good server - cant connect

sykezzz

Hello all, I just found out that ET is still alive and well with ET Legacy.  I am looking for good servers to play on, and I see this clans servers in the list and they usually look like they have plenty of players... Howrver, everytim i try to connect, my game crashes after all the downloads and stuff for your servers. 

This is a fresh install of ET Legacy... any tips?  

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hey, welcome back!

I normally play with the default ET 2.60b version, I tried to connect to one of our servers with ET Legacy and it worked.

Can you tell us which server specifically you tried joining?

What message do you receive when the game crashes?

Here is the default ET install, maybe try that and see if it works with that.

@staff Can we move this topic to ET Support?

Edited by Smileyyy
  • Like 1

Heey mate , welcome to forum's.

Here you have some link's for anything what you need for help in ET , good to see more people coming around :D

FA Discord: https://discord.gg/5Qx6mM

WolfET:https://discord.gg/6HQ8nx

And feel free to ask.

How did you get to our forum's ?

Is it Facebook page where you find that ET is still alive?

thanks for Replies!

So yes, I found this out through the facebook group which i stumbled upon accidentally. 

When my game crashes, i get no error message at all.. Literally the client just dissapears... Frustrating! 

I can connect to other servers it seems that dont have any mods or anything like that installed, but they are all just full of bots..

I have tried to connect to all of the Fearless Assassins servers in the list... everytime it will go through the downloads, and then say awaiting gamestate, and i see the FA Server info in the bottom right corner, and then the game client just crashes.. no error messages.

• Sad 1

• Leader

DareDevil seems to have uploaded a new version of our PK3-cleaner.  You can try running that to clear out possible "interfering" or partial/corrupted files in your ET-installation.

• Like 1

• Administrators
11 hours ago, sykezzz said:

Hello all, I just found out that ET is still alive and well with ET Legacy.  I am looking for good servers to play on, and I see this clans servers in the list and they usually look like they have plenty of players... Howrver, everytim i try to connect, my game crashes after all the downloads and stuff for your servers. 

This is a fresh install of ET Legacy... any tips?  

Thanks in advance!

Lots of our members play from ETL without any hassle. What crash error you are getting? 

47 minutes ago, daredevil said:

What crash error you are getting? 

10 hours ago, sykezzz said:

When my game crashes, i get no error message at all.. Literally the client just dissapears... Frustrating! 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, r2truckman said:

I'm facing the same problem. Running from Linux Fedora. Could you please advise? Thanks.

@Shana tagging him. he is our linux client expert. 

Open terminal(any tty emulator) and run game with etl. After the game crashes please share output from the console here.
I had game shutting down without any error message both on windows and linux. At least here we should be able to know why 🙂

• Like 1

I find ETL randomly crashes without errors on some maps when connecting on Jay3. 2 things helped me running as admin and changing r_ignorehwgamma to 1 before joining the server. I also load jaymod in the mods options first then join.