ET Different sensitivity in different mods?

HarryAimpotter

Hello

I have noticed that my mouse sensitivity feels different in different mods. I play silent, NQ, jaymod, ETpro and Nitmod.

I have to change my sensitivity between 2.0 - 2.2 to get the same feeling in different servers (mods), although I use the same config, mouse, laptop, etc.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it all in my head?

Mouse acceleration in windows can cause this slight difference if it is on you should disable it

It's called Enhanced pointer precision in newer windows

C:\Windows\System32\main.cpl

Pointer Options uncheck Enhanced pointer precision

If it's different between each mod and you're definitely using the same config then I'd say there's mouse related cvars missing from your config and you only have them set on one mod before you exec your config. You could check this by doing '/writeconfig mousetest' on the mod where your mouse feels right and then using this test config on other mods.

If there's no difference and it still feels off then yes, it's just in your head 😛.

• Like 1

yes when i play silent i have too turn down from 2.01  too 1.71  and i have to change up my m pith 

i agree it doesnt feel the same in some mods mostly silent. i also think silent feels slower than other mods.and etl i cant stand that one .lol 

The speed of players vary from mod to mod. Jaymod ups is somewhere around 272 and silent 258. Can't recall if it was opposite. Maybe that gives you the feeling :P.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m00jii said:

The speed of players vary from mod to mod. Jaymod ups is somewhere around 272 and silent 258. Can't recall if it was opposite. Maybe that gives you the feeling :P.

Do you mean g_speed? It should be 320 for every mod we have servers for.

• Like 1

Normally sensitivity should stay same along every mod u play, there might be placebo effect u are facing because of different server settings that might make u think that your sensitivity is different towards each mod.

There are several mouse settings you might want to check and tweak on each mod:

• sensitivity (general mouse movement speed)
  • m_yaw (horizontal sensitivity)
  • m_pitch (vertical sensitivity)
  • cl_mouseaccel (ET mouse acceleration - higher values gives more acceleration)
  • m_filter (another mouse acceleration)
  • cg_fov*

*While modifying cg_fov cvar doesn't actually change mouse speed, it has a huge impact on how you 'feel' your mouse.

I don't know much about mouse sensitivity differences in ET mods, but there is one mod that will make your mouse move like crazy - it's Legacy mod. They modified fov scaling type so more or less, 90 fov on Legacy feels something like 105 on ETPro. People who came to Legacy with 105 fov have noticed they mouse moved much faster, even though mouse settings were the same.

Edit: also, keep in mind that when your FPS or ping is unstable, you might notice slight differences in mouse behaviour. FA servers are hosted in different places, so your ping will vary, also when there's more people on the server your performance may drop etc. Just check your FPS and ping/lagometer when you notice mouse speed changing, perhaps it could be the thing. If you need help with performance drops, feel free to create another topic in Support section.

Edited by kajto3

4 hours ago, equaLz said:

Do you use different fovs? Silent is limited to 120... Maybe if you use higher Fov on Jaymod it can make a difference?

PB fov cvar restrictions was always between 90-120 on all mods although your not wrong about the game feeling different with when you change the fov, going from say 90 to 113 would make a huge difference "feel" and looks wise, it a bit like resolution, 1280x1024 makes the game play a lot faster than 1920x1080...certainly for me i find 1920 very slow and weird compared to 1280. lol 

1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

PB fov cvar restrictions was always between 90-120 on all mods although your not wrong about the game feeling different with when you change the fov, going from say 90 to 113 would make a huge difference "feel" and looks wise, it a bit like resolution, 1280x1024 makes the game play a lot faster than 1920x1080...certainly for me i find 1920 very slow and weird compared to 1280. lol 

On the jaymod servers, you can almost use any fov you like. Thats why I was wondering!

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

7 hours ago, kajto3 said:

They modified fov scaling type so more or less, 90 fov on Legacy feels something like 105 on ETPro. People who came to Legacy with 105 fov have noticed they mouse moved much faster, even though mouse settings were the same.

I have used ET legacy as well and as far as I know the fov is same in Legacy ET and in normal ET. The mouse feels different in legacy ET because ET legacy supports direct (raw) mouse input  and normal ET does not.

6 hours ago, equaLz said:

Do you use different fovs?

I use the same fov, same config, same everything. I copied my original etconfig and pasted it in all the profile folders.

3 hours ago, HarryAimpotter said:

I have used ET legacy as well and as far as I know the fov is same in Legacy ET and in normal ET. The mouse feels different in legacy ET because ET legacy supports direct (raw) mouse input  and normal ET does not.

I was referring to the Legacy mod, not ETLegacy client. True, ETLegacy has raw mouse imput option implemented but it's optional and disabled by default afaik. According to ETL wiki:

Mouse movement is too slow/fast! I cannot aim!

Go to the Options menu and adjust your "Mouse sensitivity". It is different from ET 2.60b.

Whatever that means :)

Legacy mod though is the only mod out there that uses different FOV scaling for widescreens (16:9), so basically you're forced to use 90 if in vanilla ET your FOV is 105, that's roughly what it's about.

Can't really think of anything else besides what I already posted, hope your problem resolves!