ET Server Suggestion 3 minor suggestions for Jay2

ElEl

Just a few small suggestions for Jay2, would like to hear what the admins and regulars think too :)

1. Remove the 'disguised enemy' popup. A small improvement for covert ops players, medic is probably still the strongest class so it won't mess with balance to remove this. I think the cvar for this is flag 8:

g_skills [flags]
Table 13.30. g_skills Flags
FLAG DESCRIPTION
1 level 4 battle-sense can spot mines for team
2 level 4 explosives-and-construction skill carries over to all classes
4 adrenaline carries over to all classes
8 level 4 signals enables all classes to spot disguised enemies

2. Increase shove distance by a small amount, maybe 1.5x what it is now. Bots get in the way a lot especially in tight corridors like in Axis' first spawn in Gold Rush. Sometimes they decide they want to start walking backwards, I think to reach a waypoint they missed. If you push them while they're doing this, they don't really go anywhere and it's frustrating being stuck behind them. The cvar for this is g_shove. Not sure what it's currently set to, probably 100, but I can't see a small increase like 1.5x causing any major problems.

3. Admin chat colour. Letdown asked I add this suggestion and I agree: Change the colour of the admin chat from white to orange like on silEnT and Jay1. Makes the text stand out more, especially on white backgrounds like in Fuel Dump or other snowy maps. Plus who doesn't love more orange.

Also just want to remind DD of the filter on the words 'bot' and 'boot' and the Alliesqsay bug at the end of maps. 😛

Cheers,

El

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ElEl said:

Just a few small suggestions for Jay2, would like to hear what the admins and regulars think too :)

1. Remove the 'disguised enemy' popup. A small improvement for covert ops players, medic is probably still the strongest class so it won't mess with balance to remove this. I think the cvar for this is flag 8:

2. Increase shove distance by a small amount, maybe 1.5x what it is now. Bots get in the way a lot especially in tight corridors like in Axis' first spawn in Gold Rush. Sometimes they decide they want to start walking backwards, I think to reach a waypoint they missed. If you push them while they're doing this, they don't really go anywhere and it's frustrating being stuck behind them. The cvar for this is g_shove. Not sure what it's currently set to, probably 100, but I can't see a small increase like 1.5x causing any major problems.

3. Admin chat colour. Letdown asked I add this suggestion and I agree: Change the colour of the admin chat from white to orange like on silEnT and Jay1. Makes the text stand out more, especially on white backgrounds like in Fuel Dump or other snowy maps. Plus who doesn't love more orange.

Also just want to remind DD of the filter on the words 'bot' and 'boot' and the Alliesqsay bug at the end of maps. 😛

Cheers,

El

On 2nd and 3rd point I support you.... Having bots in the server can be messy and often they block the way and yea orange stands out more for admin chat

On 1st point I don't think it's necessary, covies will get much stronger and can pop up behind enemy mortars and mgs without any trouble...

If I remember if we remove that one and they pick up opponents (playerA) dress, his name will also show (playerA) when the cursor is put on him 😛

We can give it a go though and see how much people like it... :)

• Like 2

About the bots, and them getting in the way, I would have a similar suggestion. Dont know if it can be solved.

Usually I want to be fast, keep pushing "w" before I actually spawn, so I can get faster near the enemy, etc, and bots get in the way, and cant push them away, by-pass them (not sure if correct word), jump over them, because of their 0 ping they are already ahead of me, and sometimes in a tight corridor there is not enough way.

Making them wait (not doing anything for: ) 0,5 or 1 sec after they have spawned would allow players to leave them behind and they dont have to follow a small bot, who sometimes starts proning/crouching right after they are spawned and that is even more irritating for you.

Or if thats not possible, shift their spawn time behind by a second compared to players. Maybe some other way

If its possible, it doesnt necessarily should be on just jay2.

1 minute ago, Buckwild said:

It's possible to add +sprint to Omni-bot's navigation files.

Well, I guess that would solve many problems with them getting into the way, especially at the spawn, if they started sprinting after spawning

10 hours ago, PhoeniXx said:

On 1st point I don't think it's necessary, covies will get much stronger and can pop up behind enemy mortars and mgs without any trouble...

That's the idea I was going for :). Covies are easy to spot anyway if you see their guns or ask yourself 'why is my teammate running the wrong way and holding a knife?'. Only takes 1 bullet to confirm them. Even if covies get much stronger cause of this, medic is still going to be the stronger class in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Vindstot said:

Making them wait (not doing anything for: ) 0,5 or 1 sec after they have spawned would allow players to leave them behind and they dont have to follow a small bot, who sometimes starts proning/crouching right after they are spawned and that is even more irritating for you.

6 hours ago, Buckwild said:

It's possible to add +sprint to Omni-bot's navigation files.

I'm thinking increasing shove distance by just enough to give you room to get around the bots is better than modifying the waypoint file for every map we have.

If it doesn't work, it's easy to change back.

• Like 1

• Administrators
11 hours ago, ElEl said:

The cvar for this is g_shove. Not sure what it's currently set to, probably 100, but I can't see a small increase like 1.5x causing any major problems.

temp changed to 150. Let's see and let me know. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, daredevil said:

temp changed to 150. Let's see and let me know. 

Seems to work just fine, I can push bots back when they're coming towards me now, before they just barely moved at all. Thanks. I'll let you know if there are any problems or complaints that come from this.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, ElEl said:

Seems to work just fine, I can push bots back when they're coming towards me now, before they just barely moved at all. Thanks. I'll let you know if there are any problems or complaints that come from this.

Making it permanent then. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, ElEl said:

This is done. Available from next map.

11 hours ago, PhoeniXx said:

yea orange stands out more for admin chat

Done same on Jay3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

when i type !help i cant hardly see the text for commands .can we change that  to white plz?

I think for that needs jaymod pk3 edit. 

Thanks for the update and especially the admin chat color 👍

5 hours ago, ElEl said:

That's the idea I was going for :). Covies are easy to spot anyway if you see their guns

Yeah but you can remove your silencer on pistol, right ? making your disguise better, no ?

We need to do something about panzer. Let me explain. (don't hate please) :)

I recalll an option available for soldier on a previous jaymod version, long time ago, not on Fa servers though.

You could "cancel" your shot by pressing Q or E just before releasing the shot. It was awesome.

I guess it's not possible on 2.2.0 version :( Maybe it is on other mods ?

If we had this option available, I could show you what a true soldier with a panzer can accomplish !!!  😂

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Letdown said:

You could "cancel" your shot by pressing Q or E just before releasing the shot. It was awesome.

I think ETPUB or NQ have that.