Spotify vs. Youtube Music

Bunny

Spotify vs. Youtube Music  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which one you like more?

• Spotify
    • Youtube Music

I just downloaded youtube music today and its been great so far!

My favourite feature on youtube music is "Your mixtape" its basically endless mixtape that is made from all the information they know about you. (and they know everything about you)

Tell me which one you like more and why.

I like youtube music more because theres no adds in it and its FREE!

And for me youtube music is alot clearer than spotify.

• 3 months later...

I use Spotify, not interested in Google taking  money off me so that they can use my music taste to sell my soul to advertisers.

Edited by Chuckun

i'm owning youtube premium now for about 1,5 years and i can't complain that its bad..
i prefer youtube music / youtube red / youtube music instead of spotify. because i can listen to remixes that won't get released on spotify or somewhere else.

also with youtube red u don't have any ads on a video anymore. u also can play music with locked screens on phone.

the download function is also pretty neat ;)

Change my mind :P

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I use Brave browser on PC+phone w/ YouTube.com. The stock "brave shield" is legit; you could also set up crypto benefits that can support the artists when you allow adds (or earn for you own wallet.) -I feel it is a fastest most reliable way to make playlists or bookmarks and useful youtube related apps, to really tweak your experience deeper. You can also set up Brave to play Youtube with your phone off :) Do I fully support Youtube? ... I simply cannot..  But-

Youtube-
(Positives +) They generate more HD tracks over-time then any other platforms- Both past and present.
(Negatives) - Castin' substantial amounts shade... Possibly w/ demons.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from the old school: I use an application to download the audio (or video) from youtube (no ads :D) and make my own playlists.

And yes, I've never used spotify. I still miss my account on grooveshark...

• 2 weeks later...

As musician, I say:

So YT is great because everyone can access quickly to your music (mine in this case). But for the artist's remuneration, its crap. In fine, that's what matters...

• 2 weeks later...

YT Music has everything I need and with Premium i can watch {or listen with screen off) movies on YT without ads.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:00 AM, FireWienie said:

Spotify, Youtube is a shitty company so I'd rather support the latter.

😄 the latter in your post is actually Youtube.

Either way i have both, i've had spotify since it first released so my account although free does have the ability to skip more than 5 times etc, perk of being one of the first users i suppose, my daughter has had to go premium as her free account was quite limited.

You tube? well i use SYoutube on my shield which stops the ads, i do however have normal YT music on my phone which is free but sadly does have ads now and again the rare times i use it,

I use only spotify premium on my mobile and listen it daily when I am at work. Many hours a day. I love the playlists and it is simple to use. YT I use on my pc, as I love to watch the music videos. Just the impatience I have when new music is released and there is no video, now that sucks. Or music without a video even after months/years. Also annoyed about the YT cookies shit and privacy popup, even tho it's just one click, but I find it very useless. Thanks EU for this, too!

• Like 2