Server Update Redirect Server

daredevil

• Administrators

Hello,

It seems redirect machine is down all together and machine just went dead. I will be re-installing OS and uploading from back ups ASAP.  It seems host will be replacing the NL machine all together. 

Thank you and sorry for the trouble. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

• Leader

Anybody who already has the map- and FA-files will not be affected by this situation.

Some who don't have the file for the next map may find that they get the redirect-file-download error.  This does not mean that the game-server is down.  They can rejoin after the map is over, if they do have the next map-file. 

A way around this is to download the file directly from FA's ET Maps Download section .  The "redirect-file error" may give you the name of the map.  You could also get the mapfile-name from doing 'serverstatus', such as (in console) /serverstatus jay1.clan-fa.com.  You could also use the IP instead of the 'name', by finding it on this page Fearless Assassins Enemy Territory Servers .

Uhhh, that will work for the map-files, but not for FA-menu and 'other' FA files.  

I did have a file-download failure on NQ#2...but NQ#1 was okay???  (I thought they were both the same NQ-versions now???)  This was an FA non-map file.  

932292855_Redirect-fail@nq2181127.jpg.e9413aec361176fbe076b90837860077.jpg

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

It may be possible also for one admin from each server who is sure they have all map files in current rotation for their home server, to post a zip file of all their PK3 files (named jay1.zip for example) so that others can ensure they have all the maps for that server... 

But this all depends how quickly the host can sort themselves our and get it fixed.

• Like 1

• Leader
39 minutes ago, Chuckun said:

It may be possible also for one admin from each server who is sure they have all map files in current rotation for their home server, to post a zip file of all their PK3 files (named jay1.zip for example) so that others can ensure they have all the maps for that server... 

But this all depends how quickly the host can sort themselves our and get it fixed.

Here is for Jay#1

Edited by Scarface06
add zip link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

• Leader

if needed I can host the files for you temporarily so players wont need to manually download. Also could be a backup plan if it ever happens again, just change downloads link real quick. If you want I'll give one of you or a few full access to my server. just drop me a PM

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Their is still some issue downloading some files, will work on it later tonight. I got to go to work. I am late by 3 hrs already. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprise 1

51 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Their is still some issue downloading some files, will work on it later tonight. I got to go to work. I am late by 3 hrs already. 

Go to work already 😛

6 hours ago, daredevil said:

Tell your boss it's his fault, if he opened the office 4 hours later then you would be 1 hour early. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Surprise 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Chuckun said:

Tell your boss it's his fault, if he opened the office 4 hours later then you would be 1 hour early. 

I tried to tell him something similar and obviously it didn't end well for me haha. :) But off course, few weeks later, I realized, he was right. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Update - Most of the things are set. Will take another dig to fix/resolve menu issue. For now most of the servers, don't have that, so we good. Will take another dig on weekend. To tired to do anything today. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, daredevil said:

Update - Most of the things are set. Will take another dig to fix/resolve menu issue. For now most of the servers, don't have that, so we good. Will take another dig on weekend. To tired to do anything today. 

Thanks for all the hard work Dare, you are truly appreciated my friend :D

• Like 3