Looking For Help Setting Up a Sniper Server

RRBodom

Hello all,

I come from a dead clan but have come back after over a decade to the game that started it all for me. There was one thing missing though, a botless sniper server running actually worthy rather than gimmicky maps. I have been using your guides to try to set up a server, but I am struggling with what I assume are pretty basic things. I just want to run a jaymod server with a functioning etadmin and ae-sniper-challenge running 24/7. For some reason I cannot get my config files in order. I know there are some serious heads in here that might be able to help me out or at least point me in a proper direction. Silent feels slower than jaymod which is why I have chosen it but if concessions need to be made than so be it. Good Luck to you all and I appreciate anything I can get. 

I am willing to open up the FTP to certain people if need be. 

I am using gameservers for my hosting. 16 slots

Peace all

ps. (I am not trying to advertise I hope I put this in the proper support section)

• Like 1

Hello all,

I come from a dead clan but have come back after over a decade to the game that started it all for me. There was one thing missing though, a botless sniper server running actually worthy rather than gimmicky maps. I have been using your guides to try to set up a server, but I am struggling with what I assume are pretty basic things. I just want to run a jaymod server with a functioning etadmin and ae-sniper-challenge running 24/7. For some reason I cannot get my config files in order. I know there are some serious heads in here that might be able to help me out or at least point me in a proper direction. Silent feels slower than jaymod which is why I have chosen it but if concessions need to be made than so be it. Good Luck to you all and I appreciate anything I can get. 

I am willing to open up the FTP to certain people if need be. 

I am using gameservers for my hosting. 16 slots

Peace all

ps. (I am not trying to advertise I hope I put this in the proper support section)

Which videos have you followed or tutorials and where u got stuck so that our members or even i can help u from there or understand it better.

This should help you with etadmin
https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/9759-jaymod-add-ons/?p=106340 and further posts.

If you plan on having one map only on server you can add +map nameofmap(without .pk3) in execute path of server. Remember to set proper g_gametype.

All configuration files that you're using in running server should be read without problems from etmain.

To save time from you, etadmin with jaymod just isn't worth it. You'd need pb on to gain the benefits from etadmin anyways and since the ET isn't supported anymore by pb...

I'd instead setup with nitmod (can be setted similar to jaymod) or silent.

Sniperlake, ae-Sniper_challenge, Temple Sniper Remix. all day erry day. Taking me a bit, Working on map configs now, So when I have my custom map rotation in this case (SniperRotation.cfg) What is the process of writing in a gametype then executing that gametype. Right now I cannot get my server to launch with anything but the campaign. More specifically how to I change the gametype value step by step. Please and thank you all!

• Like 1

Let us know which ET binary is the gamehost using (etded, etlded, et300 or whatever it says)

Paste your starting command here.

Also attach your map rotation file.

Edited by kajto3

forgive me if I don't get all the relevant info. it is   (etded.x86)

)

I am having a hard time linking files, maybe because I have become drunk but:

set m1 "map ae_sniper_challenge; set nextmap vstr m1"

Wghat exactly do you mean by starting command? The gametype is set to 4 by default

Appreciate allt he help btw, will donate when I am not so poor  :lol: 

I am also open to giving out the ftp access to someone who can guaranteed get it done. 

• Administrators

Few things - 

1. Never give out FTP access to anyone :P

2. If you can rent the server, you are not poor :)

3. ET ADMIN mod is old and requires patch fixes against crash and looholes - so ignore it.

4. Run silEnT or nitmod or NQ or ETPRO. 

5. gameservers is easy  - upload mod in mod folder and command line for that mod. Ask gs.com lazy ass staff to do it and they would do it after few hrs to days.

6. Upload server.cfg and rename it to baijaoa.cfg and in that call exec obj.cfg 

7. Upload mapcycle in obj.cfg 

OR Host the server with us and we can help u - same price as gs.com - I can fix all problems for u.

For us? We get some customer service based donation to help out clan goals. For u? U get my experience. But I will not be your worker, so basic help provided and that basic help will get your server going. Win win for both.

• Like 5