Jaymod Add ons

Real

I hear you guys are best for ET servers, so i thought i would ask for some help.

Im trying to make a jaymod server, and i have installed jaymod 2.17. I noticed there are a few lots of different things as i have only used etpub servers till today. I wondered if there is a way to make custom commands, with this level.db file, or is there another way i have to do it. Also making a secret admins, like in etpub where you just add the flag @ to a level. I hear you have to use some kind of etadmin mod to get that stuff working, but i hear lots of things. I also hear that the etadmin mod is very unstable, so i dont want to get into that, but if thats the only way, then i have to.

Another thing is there a way to remove the foilage from the maps, like all the bushes in radar, i know how to do on etpub, but no clue on jaymod.

Since ive never hosted my own server i wouldnt really know much so best to wait for Dare or Joe or someone who has done it before to answer. In the meantime browsing around here might help you with your questions about Jaymod :)

• Administrators

I wondered if there is a way to make custom commands, with this level.db file, or is there another way i have to do it.

You can use etadmin mod or enhance mod. Et admin will open tons of option for you if you are really getting into custom commands. Ex. !stats, !takess (with confirmation) to take PBSS, teamspeak call's, changing campaigns, etc..

To fix etadmin mod security issues, please see below link:

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/9067-activate-panzers-on-5-vs-5-jaymod-217/page__view__findpost__p__99527

Also making a secret admins, like in etpub where you just add the flag @ to a level.

Not possible in Jaymod, either with etadmin or any present mod as far as I am aware. There is no incognito option in Jaymod like Etpub.

I also hear that the etadmin mod is very unstable, so i dont want to get into that, but if thats the only way, then i have to.

Please apply the patch shown in above link and that will fix your issue. ETadmin mod in itself is stable.

Another thing is there a way to remove the foilage from the maps, like all the bushes in radar, i know how to do on etpub, but no clue on jaymod.

You can use enhance HUD for jaymod but FYI it will kick players if you run server with pb_sv_Restrictions 1. I don't suggest running server with pb_sv_Restrictions 0 because of cheating related issues and on top of that your PB logs will be spammed. Within 1 day your log file may grow up to 100MB due to known bug in PB if your run server with pb_sv_Restrictions 0. I did reported that bug to EB in 2009 but they haven't fixed it since 1 year.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Please apply the patch shown in above link and that will fix your issue. ETadmin mod in itself is stable.

Do you know where i can find a good etadmin mod, only one i can find is on filefront. Also do you have instructions to install it or is it fairly simple?

• Administrators

Normally, if you make a ticket to your GSP they will install it for you.

I download copy from here:

http://www.filefront.com/4569733/ETAdmin-Mod-029/

and it looks fine to me. 0.29 is the last version which was released.

What's your GSP?

• Administrators

eascaped turkey is the gsp, not very good for customer support, so i can ask them to see what, if anything, they can do

Sorry man you are on your own then! Oh lord I still remember nightmares with them. Do they add new RAM or they still using SWAP as RAM? They used to auto kill our servers for using high CPU and RAM... 34 players on our server and boom crash. No single crash since we moved to gs.com and ems.

It's not like they are bad at customer support, technically they have no customer support. Each night they will auto restart your server to squeeze every single MB of RAM on there machines.

Sorry, move on to gs.com or emsgaming and you will be much better in shape.

Sorry man you are on your own then! Oh lord I still remember nightmares with them. Do they add new RAM or they still using SWAP as RAM? They used to auto kill our servers for using high CPU and RAM... 34 players on our server and boom crash. No single crash since we moved to gs.com and ems.

It's not like they are bad at customer support, technically they have no customer support. Each night they will auto restart your server to squeeze every single MB of RAM on there machines.

Sorry, move on to gs.com or emsgaming and you will be much better in shape.

I have a gs server too but im trying to find something cheap to test and play with to learn.

• 1 month later...